PDA

View Full Version : Blue Bayou just for dessert?

kimc0486
07-29-2005, 12:31 PM
I was planning on going to the Blue Bayou, I want to go for the ambience, but don't know if I want to go for food (I went last year and I didn't really like what they had...very picky...I know shoot me I don't like the monte cristo haha :fez: ) but do they allow you to order just dessert and drinks? Anyone have experience with that?

Dom262
07-29-2005, 12:34 PM
I was planning on going to the Blue Bayou, I want to go for the ambience, but don't know if I want to go for food (I went last year and I didn't really like what they had...very picky...I know shoot me I don't like the monte cristo haha :fez: ) but do they allow you to order just dessert and drinks? Anyone have experience with that?

Yeah you can go just for desert and drinks

stan4d_steph
07-29-2005, 12:35 PM
Yes, in fact this is what I recommend to people I know. Coffee and dessert avoids the high food costs for dinner at Blue Bayou, but you still get the ambience. I would just tell the person who seats you or your server that you are only interested in coffee and dessert so they can bring you the proper menus. :)

Andrew
07-29-2005, 12:35 PM
I've done it many times. There's no problem at all.

kimc0486
07-29-2005, 12:36 PM
Good to know, thanks!

kimc0486
07-29-2005, 12:43 PM
One more question, I was just on DLRinfo.com, but it doesn't seem to have hours of the restaurants, nor disneyland.com, does anyone know where to find this info, or how open restaurants stay open? In particular BB? THANKS!!

passthepixiedust
07-29-2005, 03:35 PM
Do they have many desserts ? the menu I saw online only showed mint dubloons and apple pie....

Dessert would be great cause I will have two younger children with me and I don't know that they would do all that well at a long sit down lunch, but I would love to experience BB.

kimc0486
07-29-2005, 03:46 PM
Preview
[QUOTE=passthepixiedust]Do they have many desserts ? the menu I saw online only showed mint dubloons and apple pie....

This is from another post, about mint juleps and dole whips from awhile back, I had the same question:

".....Quote:
Originally Posted by kimc0486
Does anyone know where I can find a dessert menu for Blue Bayou? I've been for dinner before but never tried any desserts. I just looked on dlrinfo.com but they only had mint dubloons or something like that and an apple thing.

I don't think they have an actual menu. The last time I got desert there they just brought a tray of what was available......."

kimc0486
07-29-2005, 03:47 PM
But if anyone has any additional info on what they've eaten while there or how many options they generally have it would be great!

tinkluver
07-29-2005, 03:59 PM
One more question, I was just on DLRinfo.com, but it doesn't seem to have hours of the restaurants, nor disneyland.com, does anyone know where to find this info, or how open restaurants stay open? In particular BB? THANKS!!
BB opens at 11:30 am and closes at 7pm. I believe lunch is served up to 4pm and the dinner starts from then.
I got this from this page: http://www.themouseforless.com/tripplanning/menus/dl/bluebayou.shtml

Hakuna Makarla
07-29-2005, 04:04 PM
Thank you so much!! I printed it out,now why does it sday they only have mint choclates for desert at lunch time. is this true?

AlohaJulie
07-29-2005, 06:11 PM
Thank you so much!! I printed it out,now why does it sday they only have mint choclates for desert at lunch time. is this true?

No. Right now for dessert they have: chocolate chip pecan pie, chocolate lava cake, a custard desert, and a few others I can't remember. I was just there last weekend! I can't believe I've forgotten the dessert tray already. But yes, they do have more than apple pie and dubloons.

Shortiemetoo
07-29-2005, 06:59 PM
I was told they don't list the desserts because they change daily dependent upon who is doing the baking.
They always look wonderful though!!

adriennek
07-29-2005, 08:02 PM
a custard desert

That dessert would be Creme Brulee.

(And the "just apple pie" was quite a big hunk of apple filled pastry when we were there on the 16th of July.)

Adrienne, Creme Brulee Devotee

Craigster- diver
07-30-2005, 07:26 AM
If it's "on" the dessert tray I give 5 spoons out of 5 to the deep fried cheese cake in caramel sauce....I'd wait an hour for this particular dish !!!!

Craigster

iAndrew
07-10-2007, 09:26 PM

The site seems to be back online!
DLRInfo.com.

Andrew
07-10-2007, 09:34 PM
Moderator's note: The last post in this thread was two years ago. If you want to continue this discussion, please start a fresh thread. (Why? (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=8493))