PDA

View Full Version : can any one help me with up to date info on meal vouchers?

Hakuna Makarla
07-29-2005, 12:31 PM
I can not find recent info on what they are and what dining ( carector meals they include) I have asked the travel company to order me the 5 day plan along with the tickets, but I have not gone down to see what the plan includes and he is gone for the weekend. Any info " updated would be grand thanks
P.S. I went to mouseplanet to read the reviews on the meal vouchers but I do not think its to up to date now.

stan4d_steph
07-29-2005, 12:34 PM
Here's a site that might apply: http://www.starward-dream-vacations.com/DL%20Meal%20Plans.htm

Hakuna Makarla
07-29-2005, 12:39 PM
Thank you so mugh!!
steph, do you know where these 1- Character Breakfast
1- Character Dinner
will be? and also what breakfast in the park is and where? I know I asked last year but my mind is not as good as last year. so I have to ask over and over. forgive me,
brain thing :)

rentayenta
07-29-2005, 12:53 PM
Karla, your DD is just beautiful!

If you go to Getawaytoday.com they explain the different options that are available with regard to character dining. They don't sell the vouchers but I remember reading that they offer the same dining options as the voucher people. PM me if this sounds confusing.

Hakuna Makarla
07-29-2005, 12:57 PM
Karla, your DD is just beautiful!

If you go to Getawaytoday.com they explain the different options that are available with regard to character dining. They don't sell the vouchers but I remember reading that they offer the same dining options as the voucher people. PM me if this sounds confusing.

Thank you hon! I will go look now. They sell dining plans to? really? you get vouchers? ok, I need more inpute :)

hlbtimes2
07-29-2005, 12:57 PM
Here is a cut and paste from the disney site. I can't do a link because its a popup.

Minnie's 5 Days of Disney Dining Plan

Disney’s special dining plans make it easy for you to sample a bit of everything while using vouchers instead of cash. For an extra touch of magic, don't miss our Disney Character Dining experiences, available at these locations (priority seating required*) :

Goofy's Kitchen at the Disneyland® Hotel (serving breakfast, lunch & dinner)

Ariel's Grotto in Disney's California Adventure™ (serving lunch & dinner)

Breakfast with Minnie & Friends at Disney's Paradise Pier® Hotel

Breakfast with Chip 'n Dale at Disney's Grand Californian® Hotel
Minnie's 5 Days of Disney Dining Plan
13 Disney Dining choices per person.
Adult/Junior Meals included
Character Breakfast 1
Character Dinner 1
Breakfast in the Park 2
$5 Voucher 3
$10 Voucher 4
$15 Voucher 2
Child Meals included
Character Breakfast 1
Character Dinner 1
Breakfast in the Park 2
$5 Voucher 5
$10 Voucher 3
$15 Voucher 1

*Priority Seating is required for all table service restaurants in Disneyland, Disney's California Adventure™ and the Resort Hotels. Please call Disney Dining up to 60 days in advance to arrange Priority Seating (714) 781 - DINE
Some restaurant locations may charge a nominal fee for guests 2 years and under.

When we had vouchers a couple years ago they had dollar amounts listed on them. So, for example breakfast in the park might say it has a value of $9. They will apply that to your meal purchase anywhere in the park. If you spend more you pay the difference, if you pay less you dont get change.

Hakuna Makarla
07-29-2005, 01:02 PM
Thank you so much!! I could not find it on the getawaytoday site. I like the fact I do not have to go all the way down to down town disney,to eat the caracter meals. Chip and dales will be fine for breakfast, all that walking down to the other 2 motels are to hard in the morning ! ad ariels grotto is just cool to, we shall be at DCA at night so that worked out well!!
where is breakfast in the park? by what location? I want to thank you guys, I know I asked these questions before please forgive me, thanks :)

hlbtimes2
07-29-2005, 03:01 PM
Depends on what is open, and the actual dollar amount, for your breakfast in the park options. Carnation on main street is really good. River Bell terrace has Mickey pancakes. Sometimes you can get breakfast at the Buzz place in tomorrowland. Its not the best, but it might be what they are calling "breakfast in the park". I know about 10 years ago early entry would include breakfast. It doesnt any more, but when it did, it was at Tomorrowland terrace. It was walk up, counter service. You had your choice of 3-4 different meals. They came in a plastic/ tray type box.

If you go to www.dlresortinfo.com you can see what the options are at each place. It will give you a better idea of what your choices will be. It looks like all of the breakfast's in the park are between $5.50 and $8, with the exception of the plaza character meal. So, you'll just have to see what the face value of the voucher is. We are going in Oct. I can let you know when we get our package what the details are.

Karen256
07-29-2005, 03:10 PM
FYI's: When we used the vouchers in January, we were in the park for three days and found the two day meal plan to be just right. If we had gone for the three day meal plan we probably wouldn't have used them all. Also, unless it's changed, you cannot use them at any of the Downtown Disney restaurants.

I don't think we'd do the meal vouchers again. It was nice to prepay for them, and nice to not have to carry much cash, but I think Disney Dollars would be easier and more flexible.

hlbtimes2
07-30-2005, 08:43 AM
Karla, I found a listing for some breakfast in the park vouchers on ebay. The listing states the value at $8.61 each. Seems like an odd amount. It must be an average meal with tax.

Hakuna Makarla
07-30-2005, 09:00 AM
Karla, I found a listing for some breakfast in the park vouchers on ebay. The listing states the value at $8.61 each. Seems like an odd amount. It must be an average meal with tax.

CAn we use these vouchers another time if we do not use them all on this trip? say we went 2006 and did not go back until 2007? thanks again

hlbtimes2
07-30-2005, 02:10 PM
I think you'll have to look and see if they expire, and if so when. I'm really not sure.