PDA

View Full Version : Napa Rose Questions...

CrazyTrain
07-29-2005, 09:07 AM
Ok, i'm going to the Napa Rose for the first time and I have two questions...

1. How dressy is it? I mean, I'm going to wear dressy pannts, but I'm kinda stuck on shirts... I don't really have any dressy blouses. I have some nice long sleeved tops, but I'm afarid they'll be too hot.

2. Is there some sort of coat check type service? I'm toying with the idea of going to the park after (instead of the movie that's planned) and bringing a change of clothes with us. But would bringing in a backpack be totally out of place?

Thanks. :)

cstephens
07-29-2005, 09:19 AM
Ok, i'm going to the Napa Rose for the first time and I have two questions...

1. How dressy is it? I mean, I'm going to wear dressy pannts, but I'm kinda stuck on shirts... I don't really have any dressy blouses. I have some nice long sleeved tops, but I'm afarid they'll be too hot.

2. Is there some sort of coat check type service? I'm toying with the idea of going to the park after (instead of the movie that's planned) and bringing a change of clothes with us. But would bringing in a backpack be totally out of place?

Thanks. :)

1. The mode of dress ranges from very dressy to very casual - you'll usually see some of each and lots in the spectrum in between. They know they're at the Disneyland Resort so aren't particular about being very dressy like you might find at other high end restaurants. I've been there once in a t-shirt and jeans, and you'll see that there. I think I've even seen people in shorts.

2. I don't recall seeing any kind of coat check service, but having a backpack is no problem. Just put it under the table by your feet. Lots of people have spent the day at the parks, so a lot of people will have backpacks too.

One of the things I love most about Napa Rose is that they treat you just as nicely if you're dressed casual or dressed up.

Have a great time!

Hakuna Makarla
07-29-2005, 09:20 AM
well its a theme park, why not just wear regular cloths? I am one who hates to dress up.,If I have to get that dressed up why go. And ummmm crazy... I am coming back to the park, will I be seeing you there :)

CrazyTrain
07-29-2005, 09:48 AM
well its a theme park, why not just wear regular cloths? I am one who hates to dress up.,If I have to get that dressed up why go. And ummmm crazy... I am coming back to the park, will I be seeing you there :)

Because it's a fancy restauarnt, and I'll be on a date, Karla! :p He's wearing a tie so I have to match anyway. I hate dressing up too but I'm trying to humor him! :p He has his heart set on it, so we're going. I think we'll need to go to the park to shake off all the properness of dinner, though. *lol*

I know you are coming back and I'll do my best to be ther! As of right now, I don't have any plans in 247 days! ;)

Thanks for the help, Cstephens! :)

Hakuna Makarla
07-29-2005, 09:57 AM
Aaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwww a date!! I am so happy for you and ummmmmmmm I want pictures ok.yeah pictures hon, we want to see you all dressed up :)

adriennek
07-29-2005, 10:49 AM
He's wearing a tie so I have to match anyway. I hate dressing up too but I'm trying to humor him! :p He has his heart set on it, so we're going. I think we'll need to go to the park to shake off all the properness of dinner, though. *lol*

We dressed up for our dinner at NR last week. It was Doc's idea, too. We have to adore men who want to put on ties for us, no?

I wore a cute outfit I got- it was capri pants and a shirt with strappy sandals. It was fancy enough but not a dress. But I didn't want to go into the park because the strappy sandals hurt too much for long walking. So I do think a slight change of clothes for me would've been helpful.

Our dinner took about 2.5 hours. We had all four courses- "Starter", "Salad", "Entree", and "Dessert". But it was wonderful... won-der-ful.

Have a great time!
Adrienne

Shortiemetoo
07-29-2005, 11:00 AM
Went there for the first time on July 15. It was fabulous and what I liked about it was that there were people "extreemly dressed" and people in shorts and casual tops, some even at the same table!! ;)
I agree with the fact that the wait staff treats everyone the same, in fact I was highly impressed with our servers!!!
The food is wonderful and you have to allow at least 2 hours for your meal! It was wonderfully relaxed and attentive!
As it was my birthday they wanted to bring me a dessert "fit for a princess" but because of 10:30 fantasmic seats we had to go...so they brought me a box of truffles that they make there!!! It was so sweet and unexpected that it really made my day!!!
My daughter and son in law said the truffles were WONDERFUL!!!
Have a fun time and I know you will enjoy your dinner!!

You can find the most current menu here:

http://www.dlresortinfo.com/
Thank you darkbeer!!

Dom262
07-29-2005, 12:40 PM
The attire is anything under the sun mostly. I have been in there wearing shorts and a tee as well as dressed nicely.

Since this is a date, ask to sit in Michaels section. He is awesome.

Hakuna Makarla
07-29-2005, 12:47 PM
Went there for the first time on July 15. It was fabulous and what I liked about it was that there were people "extreemly dressed" and people in shorts and casual tops, some even at the same table!! ;)
I agree with the fact that the wait staff treats everyone the same, in fact I was highly impressed with our servers!!!
The food is wonderful and you have to allow at least 2 hours for your meal! It was wonderfully relaxed and attentive!
As it was my birthday they wanted to bring me a dessert "fit for a princess" but because of 10:30 fantasmic seats we had to go...so they brought me a box of truffles that they make there!!! It was so sweet and unexpected that it really made my day!!!

You can find the most current menu here:

http://www.dlresortinfo.com/
Thank you darkbeer!!

did they give the truffles free? And guess what Shortie, when we go my birthday would have just passed 2 week2 earlier. we shall get a sticker :)

MsYumiBr
07-29-2005, 07:42 PM
I wore a lacy cover-up and felt overdressed compared to the rest of them. Just dress for the weather. It's been hot and muggy lately. I also wore jeans. I asked this question to the restaurant, reservations, the hotel and concierge and they all said it was casual park attire. Don't worry.

CrazyTrain
07-29-2005, 08:02 PM
Thank you... I won't worry about what kind of top to wear :D
We're actually now going to the park before and after so a change of clothes is most definately on the list! :D
Karla, I will try to get a picture! :D

rentayenta
07-29-2005, 08:07 PM
Have fun on your date Crazy! Let us know how the NR is.

I just found out that I might get to go there alone with DH during our Dec. trip.
Two awesome padders have volunteered to babysit! :D

adriennek
07-29-2005, 08:18 PM
I just found out that I might get to go there alone with DH during our Dec. trip.
Two awesome padders have volunteered to babysit! :D

hMMMMMMMMMM I wonDer couLd I Figure out who that might be...

Adrienne

rentayenta
07-29-2005, 08:22 PM
hMMMMMMMMMM I wonDer couLd I Figure out who that might be...

Adrienne

LOL! You are quick there missy! ;)

adriennek
07-29-2005, 08:25 PM
LOL! You are quick there missy! ;)

Well I think you know what my opinion of this plan would be... Napa Rose is "ok". ;)

Adrienne

rentayenta
07-29-2005, 08:30 PM
Well I think you know what my opinion of this plan would be... Napa Rose is "ok". ;)

Adrienne

I am looking forward to it and I love creme brulee and lamb! I hope they are serving lamb then; does there menu stay the same?

adriennek
07-29-2005, 08:32 PM
I am looking forward to it and I love creme brulee and lamb! I hope they are serving lamb then; does there menu stay the same?

The menu changes seasonally but it's usually a safe bet that there will be at least one lamb dish on it. There's usually a variety of meat- lamb, pork, beef, sometimes veal (you only do baby sheep though, not baby cows, right? I do both so I think I've had both there.)

Adrienne

rentayenta
07-29-2005, 08:34 PM
The menu changes seasonally but it's usually a safe bet that there will be at least one lamb dish on it. There's usually a variety of meat- lamb, pork, beef, sometimes veal (you only do baby sheep though, not baby cows, right? I do both so I think I've had both there.)

Adrienne

Baaaaaaaaa and Mooooooo! :~D

CrazyTrain
08-01-2005, 01:18 PM
Ok, ate there last... and it was FABULOUS! Our waitress was Wendy and she was great. The entire staff was very friendly. The food was to die for. The dessert included this chocolate souffle thing that was.... ohmywow. And the atmosphere was perfect as well - plush but not overly fancy.

It was a great time, and we'll defiantely go there again when there's something big to celebrate! :D

Tink56
08-01-2005, 01:36 PM
[QUOTE=Shortiemetoo]As it was my birthday they wanted to bring me a dessert "fit for a princess" but because of 10:30 fantasmic seats we had to go...so they brought me a box of truffles that they make there!!! It was so sweet and unexpected that it really made my day!!!

Shortiemetoo-
Sounds like a great Birthday! :D
We will be going to the 10:30 Fantasmic Balcony at the end of August for my birthday...we have always gone to the 9:00 Fantasmic Balcony before... and I was wondering if you have gone to both and if there are any differences?
thanks!

adriennek
08-01-2005, 02:12 PM
Ok, ate there last... and it was FABULOUS!

Told ya so!

:D Glad you had a great time!

Adrienne

Shortiemetoo
08-01-2005, 02:22 PM
[QUOTE=Shortiemetoo]As it was my birthday they wanted to bring me a dessert "fit for a princess" but because of 10:30 fantasmic seats we had to go...so they brought me a box of truffles that they make there!!! It was so sweet and unexpected that it really made my day!!!

Shortiemetoo-
Sounds like a great Birthday! :D
We will be going to the 10:30 Fantasmic Balcony at the end of August for my birthday...we have always gone to the 9:00 Fantasmic Balcony before... and I was wondering if you have gone to both and if there are any differences?
thanks!

I have been to the 9 p.m. balcony and 10:30 riverside, so sorry I couldn't answer your question...but the balcony was far superior in every way to the riverside experience!! Felt very very special I thought!!

Karla the truffles were free and we will celebrate big time!!!! ;)

cstephens
08-01-2005, 06:33 PM
Ok, ate there last... and it was FABULOUS! Our waitress was Wendy and she was great. The entire staff was very friendly. The food was to die for. The dessert included this chocolate souffle thing that was.... ohmywow. And the atmosphere was perfect as well - plush but not overly fancy.

It was a great time, and we'll defiantely go there again when there's something big to celebrate! :D

Thanks for the update. Glad you had a good time.