PDA

View Full Version : Do you wear Disneyland clothes?

Pages : [1] 2 3

keschy
07-28-2005, 11:49 AM
I have a sweatshirt, a couple of tshirts and a great DL watch I wear. I have a friend in LA who wears some sort of Disney clothing every single day! How about you all?

yellowrosedtxn
07-28-2005, 11:51 AM
I wear a lot of my Disney clothes - especially to work to drive my boss nuts. :) He couldn't wait until my trip was over, because that is all I talked about. Then for two weeks I would wear my shirts and stuff just to bug him. hahahha

averagedork
07-28-2005, 11:56 AM
I have like 5 Disney shirts (queen of accidentall spills at the parks) and I've tried to wear them to work, but I got tired of "you must love this job. You can let your inner child out." So I wear them working out.

lakingsfankurt
07-28-2005, 11:57 AM
yes .... but not too often. I always have a hard time shelling out $$$ for their clothes. However, I do have a couple of floppy hats that I wear quite often.

Colin
07-28-2005, 11:58 AM
I got Loadsa DLP clothing I wear all the time except when at work, and since coming back from DLR, I got a couple of DLR sweaters as well as tee-shirts to wear. I am almost always wearing something Disney. I always have my Disney watch on, even at work when I cant wear anything else Disney :P

And I can relate to yellowrosedtxn I think I drove everyone nuts at work before my trip to California... They were sick of hearing about it... And then, well there was the photos ;)

C°o°lin

coronado_g
07-28-2005, 11:59 AM
The Disney clothes that I wear were all gifted to me as I can't afford the prices! The most exciting gift I received was thru an office Xmas party gift blind exchange - you didn't know who would receive your gift nor from whom you would get a gift. I drew a name and opened the appropriate gift bag. What a surprise! It was a beautiful Eeyore zip-front sweat jacket from the Disney Store. I was so thrilled that I cried! It's my favorite Disney clothing item.

Mrs. Newseditor44
07-28-2005, 12:03 PM
We dont' buy Disney clothes unless we really need to (accidental spills). Honestly, I've never been a fan of Disneyland clothes unless its the kids stuff. My husband and I have sweatshirts that we got at the park a couple of years ago that we wear in the park.

BigAlH
07-28-2005, 12:36 PM
We make it a point to hit the Disney store in the mall near us before heading on our trip. We always wear our new shirts the first day. This year they had a sale and we got them relatively cheep.

-al

Wendi
07-28-2005, 12:43 PM
I do... just t-shirts so far, but I just jumped the shark and I bought matching clothes for me & Max... I'm slightly embarassed about it, but I got a skirt and he got a shirt in the same print. I'm sure I'll only wear the skirt when we go to WDW, maybe to DLR too, not sure.

GrimmGreen
07-28-2005, 01:18 PM
its funny i was just thinking about this subject... my brother has a Disneyland hat he wears regularly , and i have 2 JackSkellington hoddies i wear basically every day... its funny when you are in the parks you just want to buy everything... then you think ... wow... am i really going to wear this donald duck sweat suit when i get home... anyway... on my wish list i want a shirt or hoodie with Maleficent on it... she is my favorite ,

MsYumiBr
07-28-2005, 01:47 PM
I have a Disney shirt from 10 years ago with Piglet on it and you'd be suprised at how many people want my shirt! It went with a pinafore style dress that I wore when I was pregnant which has long since faded and was thrown out. I also bought two bathrobes for my husband and I and they have now been appropriated by my children.

kcjones
07-28-2005, 02:03 PM
I realy dont own any Disney clothes but my wife has an "oversized" grey tee shirt she has had for years that she has used as a sleep shirt as long as I have known her. All my kids have something Disney that they wear. Guess I am the odd one out.

The funny thing is I have only been to Disnelyland once and my wife has yet to go. I am just starting to plan my familys first Disney vacation now. I am a deployed soldier who is the father of three childern who I feel need to meet micky (and get thier mom a new shirt :p )lol.

Mommy2NicknMax
07-28-2005, 02:28 PM
I have a ton of Disney clothes (mostly shirts). Some from the Disney Store and some from Disneyland. I wear a Disney shirt at least 3 times a week. In the winter it's worse. I have a bunch of sweatshirts and wear one just about every day!

Pat-n-Eil
07-28-2005, 02:41 PM
Yes, we tend to wear Disney gear at the park. Though we may have got it at other places, like the Disney Store or other retailers.

My wife seems to think it is a tradition that she buy a new Disney garment (likely a shirt with Tinkerbelle or Grumpy) every time we go. I'm having very little success trying to convince her otherwise! :p

Rteneyck
07-28-2005, 02:54 PM
I always buy their clothes at Disneydirect when they are having the good sales. I got my daughter a princess sweatshirt with her name personalized for like 9.99. I buy ahead and surprise her at the park on each day. She won't ask for so much stuff and it saves me money. I also buy the light wands and stuff and pull them out at night. They have no idea...

Shortiemetoo
07-28-2005, 03:01 PM
Well I have a princess character shirt...from character warehouse;
A grey sweatshirt, zip up with a small logo on it;
50th t-shirt, bought during trip;
tigger t-shirt, bought at character warehouse
I think that's all!!

Skunker
07-28-2005, 03:42 PM
I have a couple of sweatshirts and a bunch of t-shirts. One is from 1996 and I still wear it. (it says "Disneyland '96 on the back) Sometimes I wonder what message I am giving at the office when I where my Tigger sweatshirt....

I also have some bath towels, mickey shaped soap, a soap dispenser and other various Disneyland household items. I always try to buy a Christmas ornament when we are there too.

disneyperson
07-28-2005, 03:54 PM
I own several DL bowling shirts. I wear them a lot. Right now I'm wearing my Roger Rabbit one.

Chadsgal
07-28-2005, 04:02 PM
I don't buy it unless I'll wear it outside of DLR. I admit my that some I don't but I wear my sweatshirts ALL THE TIME!!!! I got a new zip up jacket this year that I love!! I watch what not to wear and everytime I do go out in charater clothes I hear them in my head talking about how "you are not a child why do you dress like one" (this was on one episode I don't remember which one). LOL Yet I go out in public anyway!!! :cool:

kohl
07-28-2005, 04:06 PM
All 4 of us have a lot of Disney shirts and wear them most days. Last November, we all bought Nightmare Before Christmas shirts (all different to match our own tastes) and took a picture in front of the Haunted Mansion for our Christmas card.

Susan L
07-28-2005, 04:29 PM
I wear Disney clothes all the time. I am wearing some Mickey shorts right now. I have sweatshirts, t-shirts, shorts, it makes packing for a Disneyland trip easy to, and of course I always have to buy new stuff while at Disneyland.

drjones
07-28-2005, 04:32 PM
Michelle, my significant other, has a lot of Disneyland clothes. In fact, most of her wardrobe was bought at Disneyland. I joke to her that we need to go shopping elsewhere. But if we go somewhere else, like Wal-Mart, she still picks disney clothes, our daughter just got a Finding Nemo bathing suit. Disney is so ingrained in our family, no one notices until after the fact. I just realized that my favorite Leather jacket was also bought at Disneyland. (Indiana Jones Outpost). I think the Indy fedora counts too. Along with countless Mickey/Disney character & Nightmare sweatshirts. T-shirst from all stores in the park, hats, sunglasses.
Yeah, I think we all wear our Disneyland clothes proudly.

heidiwhr
07-28-2005, 04:35 PM
We have a lot of Disney clothes - mostly shirts - and wear them constantly! When hubby dresses in shirt & tie for work, it's a Disney tie. I was able to get a few Pooh maternity things when I was pregnant with my son, so I will be resurecting those to wear again over the next few months!

SCUBAbe
07-28-2005, 05:22 PM
yeah, I ahve a few t-shirst that are worn on the weekend when i'm not doing anything. I ahve a few rain jackets i do wear during the winter...oh and also 2 sweat shirts I wear on the weekends if I'm not going anywhere....i do NOT waer DL clothes to DL though...LOL (well, excoet for the jackets during the winter...LOL

Malcon10t
07-28-2005, 05:32 PM
yes .... but not too often. I always have a hard time shelling out $$$ for their clothes. However, I do have a couple of floppy hats that I wear quite often.We love Disney shirts, sweat shirts, bowling shirts, etc... But I hate shelling out the $$$ too...UNTIL, I found disneydeals.com. Now we rarely buy anything at the park. My daughter was a riot. She really wanted a Haunted Mansion shirt, but it was $50. She kept asking all thru the trip "DO you think it will show up on disneydeals?" She finally broke down and parted with her hard earned cash, as I doubted it would show on there. But for her Grad Nite, she didn't want to spend $48 on a sweatshirt. After she got home, we got the same sweatshirt on disneydeals for $18.