PDA

View Full Version : 50th Castle Artwork

moonglo21
07-28-2005, 09:52 AM
I read somewhere that Thomas Kincaid would be doing artwork of the Castle at Disneyland for the 50th. I also read (and I swore I saw a picture of him) that he was spotted at Disneyland with his paints and a canvas on Main Street in front of the Castle working. Does anyone know anything about this?? :confused:

hlbtimes2
07-28-2005, 01:31 PM
I havent heard anything about it in the last couple months. Last I heard there was rumor that the deal was falling apart. But, it was just a rumor, nothing that could be confirmed. It was about the time of the May 5 celebration kick off. He wasnt there and neither was the painting. It was report he was sick and they thought the picture would be ready by the July 17th Birthday. Doesnt look like that happened.

Sorry, nothing buy rumors to go on.

hlbtimes2
07-28-2005, 01:35 PM
pictures (http://www.laughingplace.com/News-PID508110-508114.asp) Link to pictures of him working on Main Street.

Tinker Bell
07-28-2005, 03:26 PM
I have ask CM all Over at it seems no of them know anything bout it. if you do a search you will find lots of thread on this subject.

AVP
07-28-2005, 03:33 PM
I read somewhere that Thomas Kincaid would be doing artwork of the Castle at Disneyland for the 50th...Does anyone know anything about this?? :confused:You probably read about it here - here is a link (http://www.mouseplanet.com/parkupdates/dlr/dlr040405.htm) to the MousePlanet article, and photos both of Kinkade and of the painting.

AVP

Disnerd
07-29-2005, 07:46 AM
The deal fell apart. The contract was for this painting and it's prints to be exclusive to the park. Then Kincade galleries started pre-selling it. That's what started the unraveling of the deal. Look if it didn't come out on the 17th then I wouldn't hold my breath :crying:

jrsharp21
07-29-2005, 09:36 AM
The deal fell apart. The contract was for this painting and it's prints to be exclusive to the park. Then Kincade galleries started pre-selling it. That's what started the unraveling of the deal. Look if it didn't come out on the 17th then I wouldn't hold my breath :crying:

A few months ago the Kincade Gallery at the Galleria in Roseville, CA said that they would have a copy of the painting for display and for pre-sales after the 17th. They took down names and numbers and told us they would contact us when it came in. We have never heard anything since. So it sounds like it may have fallen apart.

moonglo21
07-29-2005, 03:07 PM
Thank you for the information. I have never been a huge Kincaid fan, but I do love Sleeping Beauty Castle. It's too bad this deal fell apart. The artwork looked like it might have been very nice. I suppose I will just have to look for something different when I arrive at Disneyland in 4 days. :D Speaking of which, does anyone have any Disney Castle artwork they particularly love that is still available?

Disnerd
07-29-2005, 10:02 PM
Well talk about things changing in the blink of an eye. In today's Stores Today an inside daily operations memo it was announced that on Sept. 10th there is a Thomas Kincade meet and greet and product release. No other information was provided. It said to watch upcoming Stores Communications for more details. I'll keep you posted.

moonglo21
07-29-2005, 10:51 PM
Thanks for the update! :) I will keep my eyes peeled for more information. By the way, do you think the artwork will be exclusive to Disneyland? Or do you think it will be available at Kincade galleries or even online?

Disnerd
07-30-2005, 07:56 AM
I haven't heard if that was worked out. As soon as I hear something internally I let everyone know.