PDA

View Full Version : Shoe Question?

Pages : [1] 2

leah
07-28-2005, 08:02 AM
This may be a lame question but what are the shoe requirements at Disneyland / California Adventure? I mean, I know shoes are required but do certain types of shoes have to be worn on certain rides? I am most comfortable in sandals or flip flops but I don't want to be prevented from riding any rides because of these shoes. Just wondering - thanks! :)

MammaSilva
07-28-2005, 08:05 AM
I have never seen any 'requirement on 'shoe style' other than shoes are required at all times! I've seen everything from full motorcyle/combat boots (on a girl no less in shorts :eyeroll: ) to flipflops....I don't think there's an attraction at the park that has a requirement. You might want to hold on to flip flops or slides if you're riding mailboomer but I can't swear to that since that's not one we ride.

CrazyMouse
07-28-2005, 08:14 AM
I have rode every single ride in DL and DCA in flip flops. I only change to comfortable shoes in the evening. :)

infinite
07-28-2005, 09:26 AM
They wouldn’t let my boys do the rock climbing wall in the Brother Bear area in trekker sandals.

rentayenta
07-28-2005, 09:32 AM
I always wear a pair of Reef flip flops and have never had a problem. Like MammaSilva said there are some rides that you'll want to hold on to them. Plus I find flops to be so comfortable.

Totally random side note: the only time my feet ever hurt are when I wear tennis shoes. :rolleyes:

The Lovely Mrs. tod
07-28-2005, 09:39 AM
I always wear a pair of Reef flip flops and have never had a problem. Like MammaSilva said there are some rides that you'll want to hold on to them. Plus I find flops to be so comfortable.
Just watch 'em on Soarin! I usually wear loafers and I've become used to the kind of toe point thing that keeps them from dropping off in mid-air.

Gee-I thought we were gonna talk about shoes. High heeled t-straps, two-toned Ferragamos, Bandolino sandals, Bass loafers, classic patent leather pumps...I got all excited there for a minute.

-TLMt

Wendi
07-28-2005, 09:58 AM
I'm pretty sure you'll need to put them in the bin on the Maliboomer!

Vegitabeta
07-28-2005, 10:06 AM
Someone once said on here that they had lost some form of shoe in Soarin' hehe

EeyoreAdorer
07-28-2005, 10:45 AM
Gee-I thought we were gonna talk about shoes. High heeled t-straps, two-toned Ferragamos, Bandolino sandals, Bass loafers, classic patent leather pumps...I got all excited there for a minute.

-TLMt[/QUOTE]

Too funny.......don't forget, Manolo's, Tod's, those cute little Delman ballet flats (drool)

SassyNYLady
07-28-2005, 10:46 AM
He he...perhaps they should revamp Patrick's pre-flight spiel to include "if you have loose-fitting shoes, please leave them at the launch platform."

crazi4dlr
07-28-2005, 11:05 AM
shoes[/i]. High heeled t-straps, two-toned Ferragamos, Bandolino sandals, Bass loafers, classic patent leather pumps...I got all excited there for a minute.

-TLMt

You, me and the girls on Sex in the City. Gotta love those Manolo Blahniks ;)

Craigster- diver
07-28-2005, 11:18 AM
There might be a couple of things in the DCA Redwood Creek Challenge area that may require closed toe shoes. Our kids wanted to do the climbing wall area (wearing Teva sandals) and were told they'd need to have closed toe shoes (yes...a CM is stationed there as the footwear police....liability issues I suppose). I can't recall any other areas of RCC where shoes would be an issue, but if there's one, there may be two.

Ciao,
Craigster

Malcon10t
07-28-2005, 12:00 PM
Just watch 'em on Soarin! I usually wear loafers and I've become used to the kind of toe point thing that keeps them from dropping off in mid-air.
-TLMt
A lot of people take their sandals off during Soarin, and when the rides comes back to the "ground", there your sandals are!

Matt Hamand
07-28-2005, 12:01 PM

Since this thread has sort of become a general shoe thread:

http://shoeblogs.com/

On topic: I wear sandals in the summer (Reef Convertible), and hiking boots in the winter (Hi-Tec something or others).

lakingsfankurt
07-28-2005, 12:01 PM

-TLMt
Better yet, just take them off for Soarin. I enjoy that ride so much more when I'm barefoot. I almost always wear sandals, and would just slip them off and leave them on the floor. After the ride returned to the loading area, just slip them back on. Lately though cast members make you put them in the storage space under the seat. I'm assuming they've had problems with other people kicking them as the ride ascends.

coronado_g
07-28-2005, 12:06 PM
Has anyone seen women wearing high-heels at DL? I have and could hardly believe my eyes - actually I tried to look without being too obvious. (I'm such a looky-loo.) Strappy sandals that have HIGH heels! How do they do it? Why aren't their feet all cut up and bleeding? I can understand wearing sexy sandal heels when going out on the town, etc...but to Disneyland?

Hakuna Makarla
07-28-2005, 12:10 PM
Has anyone seen women wearing high-heels at DL? I have and could hardly believe my eyes - actually I tried to look without being too obvious. (I'm such a looky-loo.) Strappy sandals that have HIGH heels! How do they do it? Why aren't their feet all cut up and bleeding? I can understand wearing sexy sandal heels when going out on the town, etc...but to Disneyland?

yes and I was like """" waht""" are you nuts! I was practically crawling and she was in stileto's :eek: Next time I go I am bringing my croc's., thay are the best thing that ever happened to me!!!

coronado_g
07-28-2005, 12:16 PM
yes and I was like """" waht""" are you nuts! I was practically crawling and she was in stileto's :eek: Next time I go I am bringing my croc's., thay are the best thing that ever happened to me!!!
LOL! Yeah, those women who wear heels to DL must not have feet made of human flesh.

Wendi
07-28-2005, 12:58 PM

hehehe... I just knew the crocs would come up... I still want some Karla!!! I want to try them on in person though, I'm too scared to just order them online.

SassyNYLady
07-28-2005, 01:31 PM
Croc's are the best...wear like nothing else...dress up any outfit...but don't "give" worth a darn.

I am cringing just thinking of wearing mine on a day to DL. Ah, now I have new respect for those people who left their "high heel imprints" on Main Street that first day...

Not for me thanks.... :D

Hakuna Makarla
07-28-2005, 01:42 PM
hehehe... I just knew the crocs would come up... I still want some Karla!!! I want to try them on in person though, I'm too scared to just order them online.

Yeah I bought mine off line and they are way to big ha ha ha , but there are so cooshiony! I am getting another pair for disney when we go in april, the best part, you do not have to wear them months to break them in. I think I will do whilte this time, the blue made me stand out like a fool :) but ohhhh so comfy.

RemainSeatedPlease
07-28-2005, 01:47 PM
Totally random side note: the only time my feet ever hurt are when I wear tennis shoes. :rolleyes:

lol, same here..I live in my flip flops and my feet hurt if I wear anything else...

Wendi
07-28-2005, 02:49 PM
Croc's are the best...wear like nothing else...dress up any outfit...but don't "give" worth a darn.

I am cringing just thinking of wearing mine on a day to DL. Ah, now I have new respect for those people who left their "high heel imprints" on Main Street that first day...

Not for me thanks.... :D

We must not be talking about the same Crocs... these certainly wouldn't dress up anything, I'm pretty sure they give quite a bit too.

Hakuna Makarla
07-28-2005, 03:37 PM
We must not be talking about the same Crocs... these certainly wouldn't dress up anything, I'm pretty sure they give quite a bit too.

LOL! yep, there pretty ugly and well not dress up material, but man they feel awsome!

Shortiemetoo
07-28-2005, 03:37 PM
On Karla's good advice I got a pair of crocs to try...they are heaven! I ordered them 6 weeks prior to vacation in a butter cream color...guess when they came?? Of course...the DAY I left...I left at 4 a.m. they got to my door at about 3 p.m....lol
I started wearing them when i got home and they are sooooo comfortable. That is what I am going to wear in DL in April!!! I will be getting another pair, not sure which color yet...
I do get a lot of :eek: :D :confused: looks when I wear them though...lol but I don't care as they are just too comfortable!!!