PDA

View Full Version : Starbucks in DL? Maybe DTD?

Pages : [1] 2 3

mattsmomma
07-28-2005, 05:44 AM
Okay, coming from the "Coffee Capital" of the US, I gotta ask, is there a Starbucks around anywhere? I will be flying & not have a car to drive from DL. Just curious, I haven't seen it mentioned, so I'm thinking no...
Thanks~

stan4d_steph
07-28-2005, 06:00 AM
There is no Starbucks in DTD or in DL. The bakery on main street does coffee drinks, as does La Brea Bakery in DTD. If you don't get it at a table service restaurant, the coffee in DL is Nescafe and pretty gross.

There is a Starbucks in the lobby of the Hilton Anaheim near the corner of Katella and Harbor which isn't too far from DL. It's a walkable distance.

Mommy2NicknMax
07-28-2005, 06:02 AM
They also have coffee at Compass Books in DTD. Some of their drinks are okay. I've found their iced drinks are better than their hot ones.

Opus1guy
07-28-2005, 06:11 AM
Several years ago one of the top guys in Marketing at Disney Theme Parks Worldwide (based in Florida) left to take up the same position at Starbucks. Don't know if he's still at Starbucks or not, but they certainly should have been exposed to any Corporate Alliance opportunities (and pitfalls) at that point. ;)

Disney4Me
07-28-2005, 06:41 AM
Okay, coming from the "Coffee Capital" of the US, I gotta ask, is there a Starbucks around anywhere? I will be flying & not have a car to drive from DL. Just curious, I haven't seen it mentioned, so I'm thinking no...
Thanks~
There is a Starbucks on Katella. I think you can look it up on the Starbucks website. Don't know how far from DL though.

stan4d_steph
07-28-2005, 06:45 AM
There is a Starbucks on Katella. I think you can look it up on the Starbucks website. Don't know how far from DL though.Yes, I mentioned the one in the Hilton. You can find out the Starbucks in Anaheim by using the store locator on the Starbucks website. However, the OP indicated that she won't have a car, so almost all of them are too far away.

lisap
07-28-2005, 06:48 AM
There's also one across from the Hilton at the Marriot. If you are really, really desperate for Starbucks and don't have a car I guess you could take a cab or a hotel shuttle there and back. Pretty time-consuming, though.

mattsmomma
07-28-2005, 06:50 AM
Thanks for all the info! Much appreciated

EeyoreAdorer
07-28-2005, 06:51 AM
The coffee drinks at Compass Books, I think, are the best ones in the immediate area. They're open until fairly late and they have really good pastries for those midnight munchies :) .

My DD and I usually stop there on the way back to the hotel after we've been at the park all day. It's nice to curl up in the hotel room with something warm and soothing after a long day at the parks.

merlinjones
07-28-2005, 06:56 AM
You know would be a perfect tie-in? Carnation Plaza Gardens has been sadly abandoned since they tore out the food facility. It seems neglected from a budget point-of-view - a waste of prime DL real-estate.

A "Starbuck's Plaza Gardens," lovingly restored and featuring a wonderful coffee garden area with constant performers (sponsored by cash-rich Starbuck's) would make such a deal a boon for both sides, as well as guests wanting a pleasant place to caffienate with a range of tasty drinks/products...

experiment626
07-28-2005, 07:23 AM
I am not sure I would like to see starbucks INSIDE the park. But would L O V E to see one in DTD.

kimc0486
07-28-2005, 07:33 AM
There is also a Starbuck's in the Hyatt on Harbor, near the Target which is technically Garden Grove. You can take ART to the hotels if you need your coffee fix. I'm from Seattle, (thats where i'm assuming your from? Hence coffee capital of the world?) When I was down in DL years ago my dad who is a coffee FREAK finally found a starbucks and ordered some crazy drink and the baristas looked at him and are like, "are you from Seattle?" it was the funniest thing. I personally don't drink coffee, but goodluck finding it!

Disney Vault
07-28-2005, 08:36 AM
This is off topic but what is going into that empty store they are working on right next to World of Disney?

sdfilmcritic
07-28-2005, 08:40 AM
Psst... It may not come close to being a Starbucks, but if you visit the Main Street Market for a regular cup of coffee (or even the flavored coffee) you get free refills when you show the reciept on the same day of the initial purchase. It's not exactly a worldwide secret or anything, but it is a helpful hint to any heavy coffee drinkers.

adriennek
07-28-2005, 09:12 AM
First McDonald's now you want to pollute Disneyland with Starbucks??

BLECH!

Let's go with DCA... California theme.... How about a Peet's or a Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf, thankyouverymuch.

Adrienne

Mrs. Newseditor44
07-28-2005, 10:33 AM
When I want to get my coffee fix at Disneyland, I go to La Brea Bakery. Actually, I love their hot chocolate there as it is one of the best I have ever tasted. Their hot chocolate and coffee make Disneyland's taste like heated water.

Lekta
07-28-2005, 12:09 PM
The Blue Ribbon Bakery has superb mochas!!

coronado_g
07-28-2005, 12:33 PM
If you need a quick caffeine fix while in DL, there is a coffee cart on the left side of the hub. It's decent enough, contains a sufficient amount of caffeine, and you can walk to your next ride destination while drinking it.

GrimmGreen
07-28-2005, 01:35 PM
this is a great thred , i work for starbucks coffee , i'm a coffee taster , ... no really i am...and ive become such a coffee snob that i NEVER EVER drink any coffee outside of starbucks... maybe exept peets... anyway... i got some coffee on main street at the BlueRibbon Bakery?? i think... and i can say... that as a Starbucks Coffee coffee taster , that it was good cooffee , a bucks in DTD would be awesome

Osky
07-28-2005, 02:03 PM
i work for starbucks coffee , i'm a coffee taster , ... no really i am

So that's why you are "Green" :eek: :)

Disney Vault
07-28-2005, 10:05 PM
This is off topic but what is going into that empty store they are working on right next to World of Disney?
Anyone?

Barbossa
07-28-2005, 10:11 PM
I think there should be a 'Bucks in...

Frontierland
Adventureland
New Orleans Square
Tomorrowland
Fantasyland
Toontown

As well as Main Street, DTD, and DCA.

Did I miss anywhere? :p

GrimmGreen
07-29-2005, 06:44 AM
So that's why you are "Green"

HAH... no actually my last name happens to be Green , and also , in my job posision here i communicate regularly with people " higher up " at starbucks and i'm trying to snoop around and get some info on a DTD starbucks... in my opinion i dont think i would like a StarbucksPlaza or anything in the actuall park , or a random starbucks say in frontierland... to much of that " outside world " comming into the park , you know . also i did hear a rumor that like some airlines , Starbucks coffee may be fetured in some disney establishments , for instance if you ordered a cup of coffee at the river belle terrace it would be starbucks house blend.... that way we wouldnt have GIANT starbucks logos everywhere

sdfilmcritic
07-29-2005, 07:09 AM
How about Starbucks in TL? The drug of the future. :|

Disnerd
07-29-2005, 07:18 AM
First of all as long as Nestles is a sponser at The Disneyland Resort you will never see a Starbucks store. It's Nescafe or nothing. Operating particpants may serve any brand they want, but you'll never see a "Starbucks" store front. The coffee at the Market House is Mickey's blend and it is better because it is Farmers Brothers Coffee.
The new stores, that's right there will be two in the old Mainspring location, Are an Oakley Sunglass shop and an Anne Geddes photo shop. That's why it is taking so long to do the remodel. Rumor has it that the Anne Geddes location will be able to turn your baby into one of those bizzare peapod or sunflower babies. And while your at it you can get your baby a pair of $300 sunglasses with the built in MP3 player. Is it just me who thinks that there are enough sunglass vendors in DTD and that Amazing Photos fills the bill for fantasy photography? :cool: