PDA

View Full Version : Mouse Ears Quick Question

Vegitabeta
07-28-2005, 02:59 AM
Ok, so if you take a look down at my countdown clock, my time for DL is coming round pretty quickly *huge grin*...I'm excited as anyone would be, but the main thing I wanna gain from the trip is a pair of Golden Mouse Ears. There have been some threads on here before saying how the parks have ran out of them and stuff. Just wondering if there is a shortage of them or anything (although I doubt it) just so I know whether to grab them while I can kinda thing. I know someone on here can help moi!

sdfilmcritic
07-28-2005, 03:03 AM
Make sure to check the World of Disney store in Downtown Disney. I was there on Monday and they had some in stock. The Mad Hatter store in Fantasyland also sells them.

Vegitabeta
07-28-2005, 03:07 AM
Erm, I thought everywhere would sell them...?

sdfilmcritic
07-28-2005, 03:13 AM
I don't think all the stores sell them, but I wouldn't worry too much about the whole resort being sold out of the hats just yet.

Vegitabeta
07-28-2005, 03:15 AM
Thank you sd!

sdfilmcritic
07-28-2005, 03:18 AM
No problem.

yellowrosedtxn
07-28-2005, 04:02 AM
I was there for 11 days and they had ears every day that I was there. I think you will be ok. If you got into Hatmosphere - go in the right tunnel and look at the ride side - near Walt Disney's Story - you can buy them there and they embroider them right there.

MsYumiBr
07-28-2005, 05:27 AM
We just got back and they were in stock and numerous in quite a few shops. I wouldn't worry about them being out. I also didn't see a lot of people wearing them. It has been too hot.

Hakuna Makarla
07-28-2005, 05:38 AM
If I take my 50th pair there what will it cost to imbroider them? and will they embroider the 50th ones for me?

yellowrosedtxn
07-28-2005, 05:50 AM
When you buy the 50th ones, they do it for free. I'm not sure if they would charge you to do any other pairs you might have.

stan4d_steph
07-28-2005, 05:52 AM
If I take my 50th pair there what will it cost to imbroider them? and will they embroider the 50th ones for me?If they're the ones from July 17 with the date stitched on the back, they cannot be embroidered with a name. If they're just the regular gold ears with nothing on the back, they can be embroidered.

Vegitabeta
07-28-2005, 10:04 AM
Ok thanks everyone, sounds like I shouldn't have much trouble :)

tod
07-28-2005, 10:49 AM
Your first choice for buying mouse ears should be the Hatmosphere, deep in Tomorrowland by Autopia and the Train Station. (The "Hatmosphere" yellowrosedtxn referred to in Town Square is actually called The Mad Hatter. It is often quite crowded, so by all means check it out but don't think it's your only chance.)

Second choice should be The Mad Hatter in Fantasyland, between Mr. Toad's Wild Ride and the Mad Tea Party, and across from Dumbo and Story Book Land. There may be a high concentration of kids there, though.

--t

I Heart Disneyland!
07-28-2005, 10:55 AM
Your first choice for buying mouse ears should be the Hatmosphere, deep in Tomorrowland by Autopia and the Train Station.

--t

I have to 2nd Tod here, this is where I found mine too.

sdfilmcritic
07-28-2005, 06:46 PM
Your first choice for buying mouse ears should be the Hatmosphere, deep in Tomorrowland by Autopia and the Train Station.With a phrase like "deep in TL" I was thinking there should be a children's song to go along with it.

{sings} Over the Hub and through T.L. to the Hat-mosphere we go....

cosmicjive
07-28-2005, 06:52 PM
I've been many times in the past couple of weeks, and I haven't seen any sign of a shortage of gold mouse ears.

-Jeff "etumor"

tod
07-28-2005, 08:15 PM
I've been many times in the past couple of weeks, and I haven't seen any sign of a shortage of gold mouse ears.

There was a shortage a few weeks ago, but that isn't likely to happen again...

The question -- as I understood it -- was "Where can I get mouse ears without waiting in a long line?" and that was what I answered.

--t

BigAlH
07-30-2005, 11:18 PM

...and they are available in just about, if not every store. I wouldn't worry!

We were there the 17th - 23rd and never saw a line for them.

Vegitabeta
07-31-2005, 02:41 AM
Thank you, that's good to hear :)

Is anyone else amazed at how they stay on your head?!

Leli
07-31-2005, 10:57 AM
Well I know they sold out on May 5th when I went, but I'm sure that's just because it was May 5th. The embroidery is free, except for the new computerized one that looks nicer, but isn't the classic style. I can't recall how much it is, but it's not much more. You can choose your font and the color you want.

leotatoombs
08-01-2005, 11:57 AM
If they're the ones from July 17 with the date stitched on the back, they cannot be embroidered with a name. If they're just the regular gold ears with nothing on the back, they can be embroidered.Not that i Have a pair like that! that are embroidered but, have seen several like this being embroidered!!!
:eek: :D

leotatoombs
08-01-2005, 12:11 PM
And I'm Glad!!! the ears have changed,I found out on my visit in july, they have made the design of the mickey with 50th logo alot larger & easier to recognize! much,much nicer! not so crowded lookin'. It was like they stuck a shrinky dink on it then after that it shrunk the edges were pulled under around edges! yuck! I hope it doesn't change back! get them ASAP! :D

socaltexan02
08-01-2005, 12:50 PM
I bought mine at a cart in the middle circle at the near-end of main street. (Sorry I'm sure that circle has an official name, but I'm not up on my DL geographical lingo LOL). No one else was there, we walked right up. There was a LONG line at the MadHatter (just to the right of the cart), so we waited and had them emboroidered at the shop in Tomorrowland...no wait!