PDA

View Full Version : Snow White -- An Enchanting Musical

potzbie
07-28-2005, 12:10 AM
It dawned on me that when "we" talk about our favorite things of Disneyland Park, or must-do's, I have not seen any mention of "Snow White -- An Enchanting Musical."

I like it.
I've seen it about four times. (I am an Annual Pass holder.)
For that matter in DCA, I've seen "Disney's Aladdin -- A Musical Spectacular" about four times.

The fact that it is live people doing it in real time (i.e., not a movie, not an audio-animatronic wonder) enhances the show, since different actors deliver lines in different ways.
(You know the Genii in Aladdin swaps ad libs based on news headlines.)
(I noticed that Grumpy didn't growl like the early version, and I did notice a change of actors for the key dwarfs.)

Are the two shows, "Aladdin" and "Snow White," too low on the totem pole of interest for people to list them as "must sees," or as favorites?
Are they old hat, now?
Are they off the radar screen?

Likewise for the Princess story telling.
Likewise for "Aladdin & Jasmine's StoryTale Adventures."
The shows do change, based on a change of actors, and sometimes based on the audience response.
Especially for the Aladdin & Jasmine team, and especially for the Princess Story Telling, the actors often must deal with children responding in unusual ways to the skits and the prompts.

We've talked about CORN DOGS and MONTE CRISTO SANDWICHES more often.
My goodness!
I would think we would discuss our favorite Cast Member performer for a given role.
(e.g., our favorite Billy Hill team.)

Did I miss a thread?
Are my interests so out-of-sync with the other posters?

Should I lie down in my Doom Buggy and crank up Danny Elfman???

Disney Vault
07-28-2005, 08:31 AM
People have mentioned Snow White An Enchanting Musical. But it isn't new so people don't talk about it much anymore. And most people, including me, feel it is nothing compared to Aladdin.

I personally would not recommend Snow White An Enchanting Musical to people I know going to the resort. Instead I would tell them to see Aladdin. If you do recommend Snow White to people you would have to tell them to see this before Aladdin for sure because if it is the other way around they would probably be very dissappointed with the show. Just my 2 cents.

kimc0486
07-28-2005, 08:36 AM
Do you know what the running times for these two shows are?

Disney Vault
07-28-2005, 08:39 AM
It's a guess but I think 45 minutes :confused:

BigAlH
07-28-2005, 11:32 AM
Do you know what the running times for these two shows are?

Do you mean length of show or when they are showing?

You can get the showtimes here (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/calendar/monthly/monthly?name=CalendarMonthlyPage).

There are links to pages for each show too (well, most of the shows).

-al

coronado_g
07-28-2005, 11:47 AM
There is so much to do in DL that I've never found the time to see the Snow White musical. I was able to easily find the time to see the Alladin show at DCA. Wonder why that is? Anyway, Aladdin is great and DCA needs a great show there. Maybe it really isn't so important at DL to have a top-notchSnow White. What with the new parade and Remember fireworks, plus Fantasmic, it's pretty easy to overlook the SW musical.

I agree that the Aladdin/Jasmine Storytelling Show is somewhat overlooked within these threads. It's a really great show, even for adults without children. I attended a show (with my adult companion) and was charmed with the enthusiasm of the very talented performers!

keschy
07-28-2005, 11:50 AM
I don't like the SW musical. It's ok I guess but I wouldn't necessarily recommend it to anyone. I still miss Animazement.

Hakuna Makarla
07-28-2005, 12:03 PM
Where is this show ( snow white) I will want to see this and alladin the next timewe go. I want to be sure to do it all ( 5 days baby we are going for 5 days )

Tambour
07-28-2005, 12:30 PM
Where is this show ( snow white) I will want to see this and alladin the next timewe go. I want to be sure to do it all ( 5 days baby we are going for 5 days )

It's in the Fantasyland Theater. Walk as if you're going to ToonTown. Just as you are passing 'It's A Small World' look to your left and you will see the "Snow White..." sign.

Personally... I don't like Aladdin or Snow White. The technical production of the shows is impressive, but most of the performers don't measure up. Again... just my opinion. There are lots of folks who love it.

Hakuna Makarla
07-28-2005, 12:32 PM
Thank you, I When ever I had gone ( 2 times in my life :) ) I always thought it was in DCA. I will make a point of seeing this so I can say I did it.

hbquikcomjamesl
07-28-2005, 12:50 PM
I like it a great deal, myself, Particularly Patrick Stewart as the Magic Mirror.

One thing I don't quite get is, that somebody on the list made a crack about it being "politically correct."

disneyperson
07-28-2005, 03:59 PM
I love the sets for the show and the mirror. I can't sit through the whole thing though. We watched it all once when it first opened and tried again on our last visit. We only made it to the queen's transformation. (she was very good by the way)
It's a good show for it's type, just not my kind of show.

SCUBAbe
07-28-2005, 05:25 PM
I saw it once and that was one time to many....enough said...LOL

MrsG
07-28-2005, 05:55 PM
The Aladdin show was great! But I have had no desire to see Snow White, for some reason.

WITron
07-28-2005, 08:59 PM
The only one of these shows that we have been to was the princess story time. We went to it when we were there in April of last year and it was alot of fun. Our DD, who is 3, still remembers Cinderella telling the story.

When we go in Dec. we will definately check out more of the shows, since we will have a longer time there.

nursemelis374
07-28-2005, 09:02 PM
I liked the Aladdin show, but thought the Snow White show was awful!

Disney Vault
07-28-2005, 10:08 PM
I personally think they need to get rid of the fantasyland theater. I don't think they need two plays at the resort. And the stage at DCA is so much better it really makes the fantasyland theater look cheap. I think they could add a ride or two in that place. Small C or D ticket rides.

AmandasDad
07-29-2005, 07:39 AM
I liked it. But more importantly, my young daughter liked it.

It's for the kids. Don't expect off-Broadway.

leotatoombs
07-29-2005, 09:02 AM
I personally think they need to get rid of the fantasyland theater. I don't think they need two plays at the resort. And the stage at DCA is so much better it really makes the fantasyland theater look cheap. I think they could add a ride or two in that place. Small C or D ticket rides. it's time for a change!!! I Miss shows liked "singin dancing hi ho" & "One Mans Dream" My favorite shows ever to grace the f-land stage. the new snow show very bad quality! At least I think so!!! They Said they were trying to stay away from puppets like in 86 in snow's 50th show, but What do they call the magic mirror? I think it's the only good thing about the show!!! They've lost their touch with the f-land theatre! get rid of it!! It does look cheap in comparison, Very Very, old school of them!!!
:p

charpaul
07-29-2005, 11:15 AM
I usually tell anyone who is going to DCA to MAKE time to see Aladdin. It is very well done in my opinion. But then I like theater and musicals....
Snow White has not grown on me as much. I also tell people that IF they have the time they could see it, but to see it BEFORE they go to Aladdin.

I recently had my brother, sister in-law and three of their kids here for a visit. Not a single one wanted to see a show - especially a MUSICAL :eek:

I really tried to convince them to see Aladdin at least - but they really wanted to ride the other attractions.

I am glad that they have a live show in BOTH parks - to me it is that little Disney touch that gives something for ALL interests and ages. Some people are not theater fans - there are a lot of other choices for them.

Aladdin is always on my FAVORITE list of things to do at the parks.
I think that the live entertainment is part of the magic of DLR