PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Potato Head box

tylermom
07-27-2005, 10:33 PM
Can anyone give me current info on the PH box? Friends were just there and they were told that you HAD to buy the body. Many posts and info that I have seen says you don't have to. Have they changed their policy? What if you buy more than one box? I'm going in Sept. and have someone else interested in it too.

AVP
07-27-2005, 10:38 PM
The "official policy" is that you MUST buy one body, and no more than one body, per box.

The unofficial policy is that some cast members will let you buy a box full of accessories w/o the body.

The "if it's unofficial there are sure a lot of cast members being pretty obvious about it" policy is that you can put accessory pieces INSIDE the body before you put the body in the box, in order to get more accessories than would otherwise fit. Since I've watched Cast Members help people cram things into every nook and cranny of the box and body, I have to assume this is either official policy or accepted practice.

AVP

yellowrosedtxn
07-28-2005, 04:07 AM
When I was there at the end of Jun, I ended up with 5 boxes of accessories. I got one for each of my kids and ended up with two for myself. One box had more accessories for the kids as well as the tea cup. One of the CM's helped my daughter with her box full of accessories - minus the body. If a CM tells you that you have to get a body, then I suggest putting it back and come back later that day or night or another day to fill up on accessories.

Matt Hamand
07-28-2005, 05:36 AM
My wife was there yesterday. Apparently there are more accessories now than there used to be. She couldn't fit one of each accessory in the box, without the body.

hlbtimes2
07-28-2005, 07:19 AM
How much is it?

TikiGeek
07-28-2005, 07:52 AM
How much is it?They were $16. I think now they are up to $18.

ETA - We have never had any trouble buying a box of parts sans the body. Then again we were polite and not obvious - and we didn't try to cram parts in until the box split. :) They also now sell some "outfits & costumes" for PH. They are bagged and not part of the potato bar. They're very cool :D

mamatojon
07-28-2005, 08:10 AM
The "if it's unofficial there are sure a lot of cast members being pretty obvious about it" policy is that you can put accessory pieces INSIDE the body before you put the body in the box, in order to get more accessories than would otherwise fit. Since I've watched Cast Members help people cram things into every nook and cranny of the box and body, I have to assume this is either official policy or accepted practice.

AVP

This is exactly what they do at WDW too - in fact both times I was in the store one of the CMs was walking around telling people "don't forget to put as many as you can inside the body first!" LOL. They let you buy them without the body there too. Thank goodness, my kids have an entire potato baseball team now. :eek:

rentayenta
07-28-2005, 08:21 AM
Yep, the price is now $18. A pretty good deal IMHO.

SassyNYLady
07-28-2005, 08:22 AM
When I got a PH for my nephew in April, the policy was "as long as the very tippy top of the flaps on the box can meet each other, then it's okay". For the 17 dollars, we got the head, as well as about 45 other pieces. (The glass slippers were my favorite :) ).

My mother and I had a great time working on our "spacial relations" and geometry trying to get the parts into the box.

I also saw people only getting parts.

It may very well have to do with the attitude of the customers, but the cast members were more than happy to help with fitting things into the box.

kimc0486
07-28-2005, 09:26 AM
I've always seen these, where are they sold? World of Disney? I've been in before and never seen them if they're there.

TikiGeek
07-28-2005, 09:35 AM
The "potato bar" is located inside the first store on the right as you enter DCA. I think it's called EngineEars or something like that.

kimc0486
07-28-2005, 09:37 AM
AH, ok THANKS!!

Hawaiian Cinderella
07-28-2005, 11:10 AM
When I got a PH for my nephew in April, the policy was "as long as the very tippy top of the flaps on the box can meet each other, then it's okay". For the 17 dollars, we got the head, as well as about 45 other pieces. (The glass slippers were my favorite :) ).

My mother and I had a great time working on our "spacial relations" and geometry trying to get the parts into the box.

I also saw people only getting parts.

It may very well have to do with the attitude of the customers, but the cast members were more than happy to help with fitting things into the box.

WOW...AMAZING...45 PARTS?!?!?!?!...in march i purchased a box just of parts and don't think i got nearly that much into the box...plus the cast member told me, as long as the flap on one side of the box closes then it will be ok.

SassyNYLady
07-28-2005, 11:13 AM
Well, the "45" did not include stuff like the large tea cup...but it did include just about everything else that they had there...

I keep laughing about what the PH is going to look like, because we bought both the "Mickey" and "Minnie" parts...

yellowrosedtxn
07-28-2005, 11:22 AM
When we were there in Jun it was 18.99 per box. I bought a WHOLE lot more than I intended on getting, BUT what I didn't realize (until I got home) was I got two left handed Mickey Mouse gloves. SO, when we go back next summer, I am going to have to buy another box and make sure I get two RIGHT handed gloves.

TikiGeek
07-28-2005, 11:34 AM
I wish they would let you buy the individual parts. They have some new parts that I would like to buy but I don't want to buy another whole box. :(

tylermom
07-28-2005, 11:50 AM
thanx everyone for the info! I can't wait - 52 days and counting!