PDA

View Full Version : What do do first.

Surfingstitch
07-27-2005, 07:45 PM
I have been really busy at for the last couple of months. I know that I have missed a lot.

I am excited to see all of the new stuff for the 50th anniversary.

I have booked my trip for labor day weekend. I haven't been to the park since Feb 15.

What should I see and do first?

jennia
07-27-2005, 08:01 PM
Space Mountain

MsYumiBr
07-27-2005, 08:10 PM
I totally second that. Space Mountain. We liked it so much we went on it 6 times in 4 days!

Andrew
07-27-2005, 08:25 PM
Space Mountain
Specifically, send the fastest person in your group with everyone's admission media to get Space Mountain FastPasses as soon as you get in the gate.

WITron
07-27-2005, 09:30 PM
The first thing we do is go through the turnstyles. :p

Shortiemetoo
07-27-2005, 10:40 PM
Take the left tunnel and pause....just for a second to hear the gun shots from jungle cruise again...so very cool!!

Vegitabeta
07-28-2005, 02:54 AM
The first thing we do is go through the turnstyles. :p

:rolleyes:

By the way, how long, on average are the waits for Space Mountain?

rentayenta
07-28-2005, 06:22 AM
Make sure that you save at least one night to watch the fireworks. You will need to camp out at about 7:30 to get a prime view but it's so worth it. DLF and Mukta held our spots this last trip. We were just to the right of the castle on Main St. The view was unreal! :D

CrazyMouse
07-28-2005, 08:18 AM
The first thing i do when i get to disneyland is.... Park my car. :-)

DisneyDustin22
07-28-2005, 08:54 AM
get a locker! and a goofy sugar cookie! :D

squuggy
07-28-2005, 10:31 AM
The first thing you should do is make a plan of what you would like to see and do.

The next thing to do is, of course, to completely abandon your plan and just do whatever strikes your fancy. [At least this is always what I end up doing :) ]

Surfingstitch
07-28-2005, 12:20 PM
Make sure that you save at least one night to watch the fireworks. You will need to camp out at about 7:30 to get a prime view but it's so worth it. DLF and Mukta held our spots this last trip. We were just to the right of the castle on Main St. The view was unreal! :D

Sweet

coronado_g
07-28-2005, 12:28 PM
If you're there at opening, go immediately to Space Mountain, grab a Fast Pass, then get in the SM line because you'll definitely want to ride twice.

Shortiemetoo
07-28-2005, 05:28 PM
If you're there at opening, go immediately to Space Mountain, grab a Fast Pass, then get in the SM line because you'll definitely want to ride twice.

And the line will not be that short again during the day!!

stitchlvr
07-28-2005, 05:33 PM
If you enjoy parades, try to catch Parade of Dreams. We loved it. Block Party Bash at DCA was good too. I know the fireworks have been mentioned. In our recent trip, it would have been the one thing that I would have been really bummed to have missed. Oh, and Buzz Lightyear Astroblasters (I think that opened after your last trip). We really loved that ride too.

Surfingstitch
08-01-2005, 12:51 PM
I am going twice to do everything.

Thanks for all of the great tips.

TaylorM
08-01-2005, 12:59 PM
Space Mountain by all means, definitely the place to go.

AlbertaMinnie
08-02-2005, 05:38 AM
This is what we did on our first day (July 18) and it worked great for our family of 4:

Go through the turnstyles and head straight for Space Mountain. The ride had just opened for the day so we walked right on and rode it. When we got off, we zipped back up to grab a fast pass for later since the wait now was already 60 minutes. We spent the rest of the morning collecting fast passes whenever allowed, and riding the non-fastpass rides. By evening, we had a handful of fastpasses and took full advantage of the fast pass lines. It was awesome! Note: The fastpasses for Space run out early in the day so get yours early or you may not get one - and with the wait time in excess of 120 minutes - you need that fastpass! I couldn't help but giggle at the woman giving the CM at space a "talking to" because she paid her money that morning to get into the park and at 7:00 pm, how dare he not have a fastpass available for her to get! Some people have no clue!

Oh yeah, the big thing on day one was learning how to dodge strollers and protect ourselves from pushy people. Watch out for children visiting with their daycamp......kids are put into little groups and allowed to run free through the park with little to no supervision. They're easy to spot since most of the time they are wearing matching t-shirts and ducking under ropes and cutting into lines.

Most of all though.........HAVE FUN!!!

crazi4dlr
08-02-2005, 10:01 AM
I have been really busy at for the last couple of months. I know that I have missed a lot.

I am excited to see all of the new stuff for the 50th anniversary.

I have booked my trip for labor day weekend. I haven't been to the park since Feb 15.

What should I see and do first?

Breathe....just breathe :)

Surfingstitch
08-04-2005, 07:23 AM
I will have to remember to breathe in between getting all of the fast passes.

Doug
08-04-2005, 07:34 AM
Yeah, don't forget to watch out for those same kids with swords, or any other long objects!

This is what we did on our first day (July 18) and it worked great for our family of 4:

Go through the turnstyles and head straight for Space Mountain. The ride had just opened for the day so we walked right on and rode it. When we got off, we zipped back up to grab a fast pass for later since the wait now was already 60 minutes. We spent the rest of the morning collecting fast passes whenever allowed, and riding the non-fastpass rides. By evening, we had a handful of fastpasses and took full advantage of the fast pass lines. It was awesome! Note: The fastpasses for Space run out early in the day so get yours early or you may not get one - and with the wait time in excess of 120 minutes - you need that fastpass! I couldn't help but giggle at the woman giving the CM at space a "talking to" because she paid her money that morning to get into the park and at 7:00 pm, how dare he not have a fastpass available for her to get! Some people have no clue!

Oh yeah, the big thing on day one was learning how to dodge strollers and protect ourselves from pushy people. Watch out for children visiting with their daycamp......kids are put into little groups and allowed to run free through the park with little to no supervision. They're easy to spot since most of the time they are wearing matching t-shirts and ducking under ropes and cutting into lines.

Most of all though.........HAVE FUN!!!

Captain Josh
08-04-2005, 09:01 AM
Get on the train. Get off at the fourth stop. Take a Main Street Vehicle up the way. Buy popcorn, look at the castle. Enjoy the show.

cwhit45
08-05-2005, 12:39 PM
Pirates of the Caribbean!!