PDA

View Full Version : EE with annual passport

srfantasmic
07-27-2005, 01:22 PM
We are taking our nephew to Disneyland. We have annual passports, but he doesn't. We bought him a 3-day pass. It has early entry on it. Would we be able to take him to early entry with our annual passes?

Darkbeer
07-27-2005, 01:28 PM
Sorry, only those specially markwed ParkHoppers are valid for Early Entry, it is not available with an Annual Passport.

Your only option would be to buy a 3 day discounted ParkHopper. And unless your AP is about to expire (with 30 days of the visit) it is wasted money...

If your AP is about to expire, you would give up your $20 renewal discount on a Deluxe or Premium AP, but you could apply the full cost of the ParkHopper towards another AP.

coronado_g
07-27-2005, 01:35 PM
If your AP is about to expire, you would give up your $20 renewal discount on a Deluxe or Premium AP, but you could apply the full cost of the ParkHopper towards another AP.

? You can apply the full cost of the ParkHopper towards the cost of an AP...after you use the Hopper?
I ask this because I don't have an AP - yet.

experiment626
07-27-2005, 01:42 PM
Yes if you upgrade before the end of the day on the last day you get full credit towards the purchase of an AP. You can not however buy a 3 day hopper and on day 4 try to upgrade.

Darkbeer
07-27-2005, 01:43 PM
? You can apply the full cost of the ParkHopper towards the cost of an AP...after you use the Hopper?
I ask this because I don't have an AP - yet.

You have to do it on one of the days you are at the park (you can't wait until after the ParkHopper is used up/expired), but yes...

For example, someone gets a 3 day Advance Purchase ParkHopper at $139, they could use the PH for all 3 days (to avoid Blockout days), and get the Early Entry and the ESPN Zone game card, and then on the last day, go to the Bank of Main Street and get a $139 credit towards any AP that costs more than $139, so they would pay $10 for a SoCal and $70 for a Deluxe.

A person buying a 5 day at $169 could not get a SoCal, since its value is more than the cost of the AP, but they could get a Deluxe for just $40 more.

It is really the best deal out there!:fez:

coronado_g
07-27-2005, 01:49 PM
WoW!!! Thanks for the info!!!! ...and WoW again!

Shortiemetoo
07-27-2005, 01:58 PM
Thanks to Darkbeers valuable information I did this last week! Thanks again Darkbeer!!!

Dave Z
07-27-2005, 03:42 PM
So my question is, Does the AP expire a year from the day you upgraded the Hopper or is it a year from the first day you used the Hopper?

Thanks,

DZ

phoenixfire2k5
07-27-2005, 03:46 PM
Thanks to Darkbeers valuable information I did this last week! Thanks again Darkbeer!!!

Yep, Darkbeer is one of the best on here. Don't know what we'd do without em.

DangerMouse
07-27-2005, 03:56 PM
So my question is, Does the AP expire a year from the day you upgraded the Hopper or is it a year from the first day you used the Hopper?

Thanks,

DZ

Depends on the CM who is processing your AP. They are supposed to make the AP expire 1 year from the first day of use on the upgraded hopper. However, we got lucky and the CM used the expiration date 1 year from the date of our AP upgrade (four days difference, but that's 4 extra days I can spend at DL!!) :D

jennia
07-27-2005, 04:10 PM

We had APs and bought Park Hoppers 2 weeks before they exired, Disney applied the full price of the hoppers to our AP renewal *and* gave us the renewal discount. We did this July 7, 2005.

I'm not sure what the official policy is but we ended up doing this 2 different times with 2 different CMs as the ticket we traded up for my son's pass was a Costco 4 visit ticket and expired before DH and I bought our hoppers. I paid the upgrade on my son's pass at a ticket booth. About 2 weeks later when we turned in our hoppers to upgrade our passes we did that transaction at the AP center. I wasn't sure if we'd get the renewal discount or not so I was pleasantly suprised when we did get it on all 3 passes!! :D

As an interesting side note- my son's original AP expired 7/7/05. We had to go ahead and trade in the ticket for the upgrade by June 24 (I think again it was the Costco 4 visit ticket.) I just dashed in and checked, his new AP expires 7/7/06. Since this ticket had been used over a period of a few months I'm not sure if any CM would ahve back dated the AP to the first date of the ticket.

the other 2 passes (for DH and I) expired 7/7/05 also. Our new passes also expire 7/7/06 so they were not back dated to the first use of the Park Hopper.

Dave Z
07-29-2005, 08:06 AM
Our new passes also expire 7/7/06 so they were not back dated to the first use of the Park Hopper.

So your next year's AP renewal will be 07/07/07! I had an 03/03/03 renewal once and it was, well, fun to look at. :D

DZ