PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks from castle courtyard?

Werner
07-27-2005, 11:47 AM
Has anyone watched the fireworks from inside the castle courtyard and if so, how early do you need to be in there and what's the best way of navigating into it? I realize you can't see the special effects projected on the castle but how's everything else? Thanks!

phoenixfire2k5
07-27-2005, 11:50 AM
Has anyone watched the fireworks from inside the castle courtyard and if so, how early do you need to be in there and what's the best way of navigating into it? I realize you can't see the special effects projected on the castle but how's everything else? Thanks!

The only reason that I can think of why you would want to see them from this location is to go on some of the nearby rides directly afterwards. But keep in mind, that this area is closed off before the fireworks and until sometime after the fireworks are over. They even close off the carousel in this area as well. Which goes to show you how much of the area is closed off. You're better of trying to view from the plaza hub area, where you can see the projections that are casted on the castle and the matterhorn. Hope I didn't give too much away there.

Artiste
07-27-2005, 02:14 PM
During our week-long stay at DL a few weeks ago, we watched the fireworks from different spots (including the Main St. train station, on Main Street, and the hub) and we watched the fireworks twice from Fantasyland. It was GREAT there--I hate crowds and waiting for hours for the show to start is NOT my idea of fun ;) . Anyway, we stood to the left of the carousel and had a wonderful (and close-up!) view of the fireworks. We could see the Matterhorn and had a fantastic view of Tinkerbell! Plus, it's fun because some of the fireworks are in front but most are behind you there, and we could even feel the heat from the "Indy" portion! We got there just about 15 minutes before the show began which was great, and very few people were there. We stood right by the rope that goes from the carousel to the Mad Hatter store. The only drawback is that you can't hear the show!! So on our last night there, we sat on some steps over in the IASW "mall" area and had a really great time--you can hear everything, see the fireworks, a little bit of Tinkerbell, but no Matterhorn. And when the LeAnn Rimes song came on at the end, a CM at a cart right there put on her own karaoke "show" for everyone around---and she was GOOD! Very fun!! :D

Susan L
07-27-2005, 04:19 PM
We have watched the fireworks right in front of Storybookland as well as on the Storybookland canal boats, it was great. We also like the Main Street train station as well but, we did learn that you have got to get there at least 1 1/2 hours before to get a good viewing spot, on the stairs is good.