PDA

View Full Version : In-park Disney gift cards should be usable at restaurants

Lani
07-27-2005, 11:47 AM
Those Disney gift cards they are selling in the park would be GREAT -- if only they were accepted at restaurants. That way I could get to the park and buy one, and not have to carry cash around. Seems pretty silly to me; otherwise there's no reason for me to buy one.

Darkbeer
07-27-2005, 11:51 AM
They are being phased in, Ariel's Grotto had a sign up last sunday advertising the fact..

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/682476/7/29652046/Large

As far as I know, they will not be accepted at the ODV carts, but will be accepted at any sit down restaurant where they accept credit cards.

cstephens
07-27-2005, 06:02 PM
Those Disney gift cards they are selling in the park would be GREAT -- if only they were accepted at restaurants. That way I could get to the park and buy one, and not have to carry cash around. Seems pretty silly to me; otherwise there's no reason for me to buy one.

We had dinner at Pacific Wharf Cafe on Sunday, and they had a sign up saying they accepted the merchandise card.

jetkitten
07-27-2005, 06:09 PM
ok well why not just use disney dollars? don't ODV take those?

Hakuna Makarla
07-27-2005, 06:10 PM
How does one get these cards? Do the travel agencys have access to them?

Mrs. Newseditor44
07-27-2005, 06:14 PM
How does one get these cards? Do the travel agencys have access to them?

They are only sold at the resort or online.

If you buy them online go to the tickets only page and scroll down and look at "Resort Extras".

cstephens
07-27-2005, 07:09 PM
ok well why not just use disney dollars? don't ODV take those?

One reason I can see is that if you have say, $50 or $100 dollars, you still only have one card versus multiple bills.

AVP
07-27-2005, 08:10 PM
The sit-down restaurants are starting to accept them, and the World of Disney just started selling admission media gift cards. You can't pick a dollar amount - you have to buy the exact ticket you want to give (one-day, one-park, multi-day park-hopper, annual pass, whatever)

AVP