PDA

View Full Version : What would be the easiest way to do this?

Raven
07-27-2005, 10:19 AM
Actually, I was wondering if I could even do this. My husband and I both have 5 day park hoppers which we purchased through AAA (we will be staying at the GCA)

We are going to celebrate our honeymoon so I wanted to do a lot of things special this trip. ie: Blue Bayou, Tours, shopping, etc.

I wanted to upgrade to a premium annual pass to get the discounts on merchandise and food (in addition to the fact that I will be returning more in 2006) BUT...I do not want to lose the enhanced fast pass privledge.

Can I do this? Upgrade my annual pass early in our trip to get the discounts and have hubby get fastpasses for both of us with his ticket?

I guess what I want to know is.. Does enhanced fast pass mean more than one fast pass RIDE without the blockout time or more than one fast pass TICKET.

Thank you!

phoenixfire2k5
07-27-2005, 10:28 AM
Actually, I was wondering if I could even do this. My husband and I both have 5 day park hoppers which we purchased through AAA (we will be staying at the GCA)

We are going to celebrate our honeymoon so I wanted to do a lot of things special this trip. ie: Blue Bayou, Tours, shopping, etc.

I wanted to upgrade to a premium annual pass to get the discounts on merchandise and food (in addition to the fact that I will be returning more in 2006) BUT...I do not want to lose the enhanced fast pass privledge.

Can I do this? Upgrade my annual pass early in our trip to get the discounts and have hubby get fastpasses for both of us with his ticket?

I guess what I want to know is.. Does enhanced fast pass mean more than one fast pass RIDE without the blockout time or more than one fast pass TICKET.

Thank you!

Oh boy, I can see where this is going, lol. Enhanced Fastpass means you can get a fastpass for every ride that uses the system, at the same time. There are at least eight rides in DL that have the fastpass, (one of them on its own system apart from the others that being Roger Rabbits Cartoon Spin and one questionable because sometimes the FP is closed, that being Star Tours) and five in DCA that have fastpass (and one of them on its own system apart from the others as well that being Grizzly Rapids). EFP will allow you at least one FP for each of those rides in both parks, per ticket. I don't know if you will be able to upgrade to annual passes and still keep the EFP. But whatever you do, have fun and have a nice trip.

leotatoombs
07-27-2005, 10:38 AM

Thank you!Disneyland will not let you upgrade your tickets/parkhopper until your last visit day left on parkhopper & not before or after that!!! had a hard time getting my friends to do so! lucky they finally opted to get deluxe passes since they will be with me for discounts-parkin' etc. I hope this much might help you! would love to hear about the fastpass bit! you can get more than one per person? & is that with pre purchase tics. only or what?
:)

kimc0486
07-27-2005, 10:41 AM
I understand that with EFP you can get a fastpass for SM, Indiana Jones etc... Can you only get one FP per ride at a time, or have lets say a 12:00 return time FP and a 5:00 return time FP? Or is it just one FP per ride at a time? Just curious.

hlbtimes2
07-27-2005, 10:44 AM
If you upgrade before your last day you will loose your enhanced fast pass. No, your husband cant get passes with his single ticket. One pass, per ticket, per ride.

phoenixfire2k5
07-27-2005, 10:45 AM
Disneyland will not let you upgrade your tickets/parkhopper until your last visit day left on parkhopper & not before or after that!!! had a hard time getting my friends to do so! lucky they finally opted to get deluxe passes since they will be with me for discounts-parkin' etc. I hope this much might help you! would love to hear about the fastpass bit! you can get more than one per person? & is that with pre purchase tics. only or what?
:)

Leotatoombs, view this thread to get a better explanation on the use of EFP. http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=44616&highlight=enhanced+fastpass

Pat-n-Eil
07-27-2005, 10:57 AM
Ok, I think I can handle this - though I think it was worded confusingly..

... My husband and I both have 5 day park hoppers which we purchased through AAA...

Ok. You only get the Enhanced FastPass with the 5 day parkhopper. Once it becomes an Annual Pass, you don't get the Enhanced FastPass anymore. Like others have said, you can only upgrade on the last day anyway - so if you want to get discounts on merchandise and food, you will only be doing so on the last day after you've upgraded your parkhopper.

Does enhanced fast pass mean more than one fast pass RIDE without the blockout time or more than one fast pass TICKET.

Thank you!

Short Answer: TICKET

You cannot get multiple FastPasses for the same RIDE at the same TIME unless the first FastPass return time has arrived. This return time gets further and further out as the day goes on.

For instance: Get a FastPass for Splash Mountain at 8:00am and your return time will likely be 8:40am or so. If you wait until 9:30 am your return time will likely be more like 12:30 pm.. Wait until 2:00pm and your FastPass return time will likely be more like late afternoon/evening.

The difference between enhanced and normal FastPass is the ability to obtain FastPasses for other RIDES at the same time. Normal FastPass looks at ALL of your FastPasses to determine your eligibility for another one where the enhanced FastPass only looks at that particular RIDE.

Note: FastPasses for the same ride can be gotten again in 2 hours if the return time is longer than 2 hours. This applies to both enhanced and non-enhanced.

Raven
07-27-2005, 11:54 AM
Thanks everybody for helping me understand this better! :)

phoenixfire2k5
07-27-2005, 11:54 AM
You're welcome.

Malcon10t
07-27-2005, 02:07 PM
Disneyland will not let you upgrade your tickets/parkhopper until your last visit day left on parkhopper & not before or after that!!! Actually, thats not true. I upgraded to a Deluxe pass on the 6th day of an 8 day ticket. Made sure we got thru blockout days first, then we upgraded.

nordey
07-28-2005, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by leotatoombs
Disneyland will not let you upgrade your tickets/parkhopper until your last visit day left on parkhopper & not before or after that!!!

Actually, thats not true. I upgraded to a Deluxe pass on the 6th day of an 8 day ticket. Made sure we got thru blockout days first, then we upgraded.

I'm pretty sure you don't have to wait until the last day of your trip to upgrade. I was just there in June and upgraded my 3-day hopper to a deluxe passport on day 2.

ToursbabeC3po
07-28-2005, 03:05 PM
You can upgrade to a annual pass any day now they use to make you wait until the last day. Before upgrading tell them that you have enchanted fast pass and they can give you a special card to scan that will work like a enchanted fast pass. This information is 3 month old and my be subject to change ;)
Toursbabe

Shortiemetoo
07-28-2005, 03:27 PM
I upgraded to a premium pass after using the ESPN zone and EE feature on my 4 day pass. That was only day 2...no problem.
The CM said "Does this ticket have enhanced fast pass, because you will lose that option if you trade your ticket in now." That was on July 14....so not sure if it was just that CM or not...but I would call guest relations...if you get the answer you want...that you can upgrade and still use the enhanced fast pass, get her name and keep it, incase you have any problems at the park!