PDA

View Full Version : Characters that Scare

Pages : [1] 2 3

jetkitten
07-27-2005, 11:14 AM
When I was little I didn't like Wendell and dad would always be "Go hug the bear". I think it was wendell. I didn't care for many of them.
Mom said that I was Totally in love with Mickey when I was a baby but then I saw mickey in a parade and he didn't wave at me. I was crushed and had never been the same since. I don't remember myself being that I was only three.

Black Pearl
07-27-2005, 11:31 AM
When I was little I didn't like Wendell and dad would always be "Go hug the bear". I think it was wendell. I didn't care for many of them.
Mom said that I was Totally in love with Mickey when I was a baby but then I saw mickey in a parade and he didn't wave at me. I was crushed and had never been the same since. I don't remember myself being that I was only three.

When my wife and I go, we always play this game, "Boy or Girl", meaning is the person behind the costume a boy or a girl? The ones that scare me are the ones that we disagree on.

phoenixfire2k5
07-27-2005, 11:32 AM
When my wife and I go, we always play this game, "Boy or Girl", meaning is the person behind the costume a boy or a girl? The ones that scare me are the ones that we disagree on.

ROTFL!!!

jetkitten
07-27-2005, 11:36 AM
Wow that's funny. mom and I were looking at a Captain Hook going "he has boobs I know it". Weirdest conversation to have with the mom.

hlbtimes2
07-27-2005, 11:51 AM
The first time we took my daughter (almost 2) she didnt like any of the face characters. Would not have pictures taken with them for anything! Fuzzy ones were just fine. The first time we took our son (almost 2) he didnt like any of them. My daughter was 5 by then and loved them all. This trip my son (now 3) has already said he only likes the "fuzzy guys".

phoenixfire2k5
07-27-2005, 11:53 AM
Wow that's funny. mom and I were looking at a Captain Hook going "he has boobs I know it". Weirdest conversation to have with the mom.

ROTFL!!! May never know, it could be old age! Remember the Seinfeld episode? Kramer's "The Bro"? LOL!

Black Pearl
07-27-2005, 12:02 PM
Right after we got married, (over 10 years ago), she swore up and down Daisy was being "overly flirtacious" with me. I thought she was just doing her job, but could without a doubt, tell she was a girl.

biolabetty
07-27-2005, 01:40 PM
There are several characters that I think are supposed to be kind of scary. The Queen of Hearts, Tweedledee and Tweedledum(I was advised by my friend who worked for Disney to avoid them, he referred to them as feisty), Captain Hook, the queen from Snow White, and Cruella de Ville come to mind. I was watching the parade in May when the Queen of Hearts came down the route and approached a small child on the sidelines. The child immediately started crying and couldn't be consoled for the rest of the parade. The Queen had moved on before the tears had really started and had no idea what they had done.

I've had one child who coudn't stand any costumed characters as a small child, and still today as a big teenager, hates costumed characters. I've learned to let my children look at the characters from a distance first, and then let them decide if they want to approach them.

averagedork
07-27-2005, 01:42 PM
Goofy in Goofy's kitchen, guy. I know. He flirted with me.

Black Pearl
07-27-2005, 01:51 PM

Goofy was hitting on you? Man, THAT is funny.

jetkitten
07-27-2005, 05:11 PM
I don't know if I actually saw it at Disneyland or somewhere else but I was scared to go into haunted mansion rides because I thought the knight woulld get me.

Shortiemetoo
07-27-2005, 05:17 PM
I don't know if I actually saw it at Disneyland or somewhere else but I was scared to go into haunted mansion rides because I thought the knight woulld get me.

They used to do that at Disneyland!! It scared the heebie jeebies out of me when I was younger!!

Disney Village
07-27-2005, 05:27 PM

I always hear people say that a character hit on them or flirted with them…but how can you tell, they're in a big bulky costume.

It would have to be pretty overt I would think (like that guy who played Tigger at WDW, err...allegedly).

jetkitten
07-27-2005, 05:31 PM
I always hear people say that a character hit on them or flirted with them…but how can you tell, they're in a big bulky costume.

It would have to be pretty overt I would think (like that guy who played Tigger at WDW, err...allegedly).

I totally agree with you but then again who would flirt with me anyway. Pluto did lick my mom yesterday. hmmm

smartypants723
07-27-2005, 06:42 PM
Minnie Mouse. It was when I was a little kid and it was my first time meeting Minnie Mouse. I don't remember why though, haha. :p

Also, my mom was scared by Buzz Lightyear. Yeah, he kept on staring at her as my mom was sleeping.

~Helen

leotatoombs
07-28-2005, 01:57 AM
There are several characters that I think are supposed to be kind of scary. The Queen of Hearts, Tweedledee and Tweedledum(I was advised by my friend who worked for Disney to avoid them, he referred to them as feisty), Captain Hook, the queen from Snow White, and Cruella de Ville come to mind. I was watching the parade in May when the Queen of Hearts came down the route and approached a small child on the sidelines. The child immediately started crying and couldn't be consoled for the rest of the parade. The Queen had moved on before the tears had really started and had no idea what they had done.

I've had one child who coudn't stand any costumed characters as a small child, and still today as a big teenager, hates costumed characters. I've learned to let my children look at the characters from a distance first, and then let them decide if they want to approach them. I hate it when parents force their child to meet characters at DL! I work in costumes at different parks alot!!! & It Makes me want to cry, when parents try to make their crying children take pics etc. with me!!!!
:crying:

leotatoombs
07-28-2005, 02:10 AM

It would have to be pretty overt I would think (like that guy who played Tigger at WDW, err...allegedly).I Had A magic Marker & A Denim jacket I was havin' All My Pals At DL Sign it!
:D It all Started when Tigger Thought I was trying to deface his costume! lol

Vegitabeta
07-28-2005, 03:53 AM
My first ever Disney trip when I was 6, (at DLP) my mam and dad sent me over to see Minnie but when I got there there was a loada French men stood round her and they started talking to me in French (obviously!)...anyway, I got scared and ran away crying!:crying:

Also, on the same trip I was terrified of Jafar because he was soooo much taller than me and looked awful! I was scared of Strombollie (probably spelt wrong, the puppet master from Pinnochio) and Gepetto too!

Wendi
07-28-2005, 11:33 AM
On our last trip Max was afraid of the big fuzzies, but loved the face characters... he really liked the Mad Hatter for some reason!!! hahaha

I hope he gets over his fuzzy fear soon...

kinglouie1967
07-28-2005, 11:43 AM

At the Italy pavillion at Epcot, there was a group of guys taking pictures with the mimes or clowns or whatever and one guy was getting a bit chummy with a character. His friends started laughing, saying "Hey, Paulie (or whatever his name was), that's a dude!" It made me take a second look. I couldn't tell. :confused:

averagedork
07-28-2005, 12:59 PM
How did I know? He was trying to feed me mac and cheese. Oh and we had a full "conversation" using mostly non-verbals about "Wicked." As in he was pointing at my shirt with thumbs up and laughing. It was really funny.

Black Pearl
07-28-2005, 01:08 PM
How did I know? He was trying to feed me mac and cheese. Oh and we had a full "conversation" using mostly non-verbals about "Wicked." As in he was pointing at my shirt with thumbs up and laughing. It was really funny.

Maybe one of our resident CM's can answer this. I have speculated that a majority of the Mickey's I've encountered at Mickey's house in Toon Town, are in fact, girls. :eek:

coronado_g
07-28-2005, 01:13 PM
Maybe one of our resident CM's can answer this. I have speculated that a majority of the Mickey's I've encountered at Mickey's house in Toon Town, are in fact, girls. :eek:
How can you tell? By the shape of the legs?

phoenixfire2k5
07-28-2005, 01:14 PM
How can you tell? By the shape of the legs?

Nope, usually its the height. Most guys would not fit into the Mickeys costume.

Black Pearl
07-28-2005, 01:20 PM
Nope, usually its the height. Most guys would not fit into the Mickeys costume.

Right, and there are certain mannerisms, that I don't care how feminine a guy is, cannot be reproduced by a gent.