PDA

View Full Version : Whitewater Snacks

Pages : [1] 2

vickieluvsmickey
07-27-2005, 09:01 AM
I have read many good things about Whitewater Snacks at GCH and was wondering if you had to be a registered guest of the hotel to have access to it. I remember reading on one of the posts that you can get to it via the hotel entrance inside DCA, but not sure about having to be a registered guest to enter there.

We are at the parks quite often and thought it would be nice to try this place, just for a little variety.

Thanks!
~Vickie

Hakuna Makarla
07-27-2005, 09:09 AM
you can go here when ever you like you do not have tostay at the motels to eat here. have a great trip!!!!

Matt Hamand
07-27-2005, 09:11 AM
You don't have to be a guest to eat at any of the hotel restaurants. (As far as I know)

Whitewater Snacks is located down the corridor from the GCH DCA entrance. That may be what is confusing you.

DangerMouse
07-27-2005, 09:14 AM
I just walked up to the gate attendant at the GCH entrance out of DCA (across from GRR), and asked them to point me to Whitewater Snacks. The gentleman was so nice, he walked me down the hall and pointed to the sign at the restaurant. :D I love Whitewater Snacks. It's a great getaway in the middle of a hectic Disney day.

vickieluvsmickey
07-27-2005, 09:24 AM
I just walked up to the gate attendant at the GCH entrance out of DCA (across from GRR), and asked them to point me to Whitewater Snacks. The gentleman was so nice, he walked me down the hall and pointed to the sign at the restaurant. :D I love Whitewater Snacks. It's a great getaway in the middle of a hectic Disney day.

Thanks, DangerMouse!! We're definitely going to check it out next time.

disneyochem
07-27-2005, 10:11 AM
We always eat at WWS and have only stayed at GCH once. It is a nice restaurant out of the way, low crowds, good food and relatively cheap prices. We purchase the kids' meal for the adults (freshly cooked food!) and have never been given a hard time about it. Use your AP discount if you have it! We also stop by for breakfast sometimes. The patio area is nice and shady. My family will hit DL in the morning, head over to WWS, get a bite to eat and then enter DCA via their entrance. You can enter DCA w/o being a guest. We never run across lines to get in. I think they just limit admittance the first thing in the morning.

One of the best features of WWS is the great bathroom next door. Those of you with small children can appreciate it! Very clean and well monitored. Makes a nice change from the hordes of people using the bathrooms in the parks! :)

The Lovely Mrs. tod
07-27-2005, 10:20 AM
We use it all the time, I recommend the grilled chicken sandwich-it delicious. Ask 'em and they substitute tortilla chips for the deep fried sticks of death it comes with.

It's cool and relaxing, not bad price wise. There's a restroom next door and an arcade a few doors down. It's a wonderful break on a busy day.

-TLMt

nursemelis374
07-27-2005, 10:22 AM
It is delicious! I love the chicken nachos.

Smeecanada
07-27-2005, 10:48 AM
I can't wait to try this restaurant. I've heard so many people talking about it. Thanks, for telling us how to get in.

Hakuna Makarla
07-27-2005, 11:02 AM
Will they take food vouchers? I plan on getting these so I can have them all paid for before we go.

hlbtimes2
07-27-2005, 11:52 AM
Yep. You can use the vouchers in either park or the hotel eateries- but not in downtown disney (they arent disney owned).

averagedork
07-27-2005, 01:39 PM
I crave their French dip sandwiches. Actually just the warm roast beef from the sandwich. Seriously I crave the beef from it. Also they have really good grilled cheese sandwiches and they give you free pickles (so you could be totally preggers and have pickles, mustard, and grilled cheese).

Maus
07-27-2005, 03:58 PM
I must be the only person on these boards who doesn't like White Water Snacks! We ate there a last week and hated our breakfast. And the coffee is instant Nescafe, yuck! I guess I'm willing to give it one more try for a meal other than breakfast.

BTMichael
07-27-2005, 05:38 PM
On a side note about Whitewater Snacks, they use to sell a souvenir drinking mug that was refillable during your stay at the GCH (two years ago for us). I am now hearing that this is no longer the case, as the mug is now purely a "souvenir" mug and only good for refills during the meal it was purchased.

Can anyone confirm this? There's no direct phone line to Whitewater Snacks, and I am fairly certainly the hotel operator at the GCH won't know.

Shortiemetoo
07-27-2005, 06:24 PM
Not sure about the mugs but give WWS two big thumbs up!!1 My daughter even liked eating there in Jan when she had morning sickness and wouldn't eat much at all anyplace else!!

Nancy
07-27-2005, 07:12 PM
We love eating here!! The only thing I don,t recommend is the PBJ's. Dry bread, very little jam (all soaked in to the bread) and a smear of peanut butter. yuck.Everyhting else we have ordered has been great. :)

borcham
07-27-2005, 09:26 PM
Chicken breast sandwich with fries. Buy one, enough for two!

SCUBAbe
07-27-2005, 09:43 PM
I have had good and bad experiences at WWS. it's 50/50 hit and miss with me...LOL...it is defiantly NOT a must do on every trip for us.

ILoveChurros
07-27-2005, 10:48 PM
I must be the only person on these boards who doesn't like White Water Snacks! We ate there a last week and hated our breakfast. And the coffee is instant Nescafe, yuck! I guess I'm willing to give it one more try for a meal other than breakfast.

I've never tried their breakfast but I promise that their lunch menu is the best! The burgers are far superior than the ones in the parks.

stinkerbell
07-27-2005, 10:54 PM
You can ask for things not on the menu, too. I had heard that they have a good chips and salsa.....not on any menu I've seen, but I asked for it, and got it for $3 something. Also, I asked if they have guacamole, expecting to pay extra, and they just gave it to me for free. Very good snack/light meal!! And super cheap.

I loooove the French dip!! And I like getting strawberries with my meal. I don't know what it is, but it just feels so nice. :)

I also just like that it's always kind of empty (and I looove the patio seating) and that the CMs always treat everyone like a VIP hotel guest. A little more special than any place you can eat in DCA, that's for sure. ;)

blueckles
07-27-2005, 11:16 PM
It is delicious! I love the chicken nachos.

Mmmm. I second this post! The chicken nachos are MOST delicious.

lisap
07-28-2005, 07:44 AM

Oh, pshaw. The only quick place to get good coffee is at the Blue Ribbon Bakery--Nescafe runs rampant at the park. ;)

We have always had good luck at Whitewater, though at times we get burned out on the grill food. They always have a beautiful fruit plates and salads, though. And the atmosphere is very peaceful. :)

EeyoreAdorer
07-28-2005, 08:00 AM
On a side note about Whitewater Snacks, they use to sell a souvenir drinking mug that was refillable during your stay at the GCH (two years ago for us). I am now hearing that this is no longer the case, as the mug is now purely a "souvenir" mug and only good for refills during the meal it was purchased.

Can anyone confirm this? There's no direct phone line to Whitewater Snacks, and I am fairly certainly the hotel operator at the GCH won't know.

I second that request. My DD and I are staying at the GCH when we go to DL next week. We were planning on taking the souvenier mugs, that we bought on a recent trip, to use.

I guess if they no longer offer the free refills, that'll be 2 less things to pack!

pisces
07-28-2005, 09:29 AM
"I must be the only person on these boards who doesn't like White Water Snacks! We ate there a last week and hated our breakfast. And the coffee is instant Nescafe, yuck! I guess I'm willing to give it one more try for a meal other than breakfast."
__________________ Maus

No, you're not the only one. I was very disappointed in the lack of variety on their menu. It's such an extraordinary setting...the ambience and such, that you'd expect more choices. The limited menu doesn't reflect the extraordinary decor.

My hamburger and fries were good-----but I'm not a hamburger person, so it's hard for me to appreciate, even the best hamburger, which it probably was.

I can get hamburgers any time. Cold cerial, sandwiches......I put hamburgers into that category. Not very festive and "special occasion" for me, when I'm on vacation.

What's nice is to get Mrs. Knotts fried chicken, at Chicken-to-Go, and bring it back to eat at Whitewater. Whitewater does let you bring in food from elsewhere....tacky though it might be....... I'd change the boxes, so nobody sees the "Knott's" label.

Whitewater has a microwave, so you can heat up fried chicken, or turkey drumsticks that you've kept in your room refrigerator. ----Or anything else.

EeyoreAdorer
07-28-2005, 11:04 AM
I think Whitewater Snacks is just what it's meant to be, a snack shop. For a poolside snack area, I thought the selection wasn't too bad. Believe me, I've seen worse.

The area is nice, clean, cool and quiet. It's also a great place to grab a quick (and relatively cheap) breakfast, before heading out to the parks.

The only thing bad that I've ever had there was a stale MM pretzel.