PDA

View Full Version : Wedding Proposal

Pages : [1] 2 3

bighern
07-27-2005, 03:26 AM
Ok so I have read the ideas in the previous posts and just wondered if anyone had any new ideas. I want to propose to my girlfriend sometime between december of this year and february of next. I know it is a big gap but as of now neither of us can get the vacation.

Anyway a little background she was in that mickey mouse aerobics show and Disneyland has always been special to her. I want to make a new memory for her there. Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated. Of course if anyone knows how to get into club 33 that would be awesome.

Thanks all

sdfilmcritic
07-27-2005, 03:38 AM
If there's a special spot within the park that she's always been attracted to (i.e. a certain restaurant, attraction, or show) then I would recommend you propose to her near that spot.

heidiwhr
07-27-2005, 05:24 AM
My hubby proposed to me over dinner at the Blue Bayou. Maybe you could just have a "day at the park", then ask for a table by the water at the BB, and do it then.

My next choice would be next to Snow White's wishing well. Tell her close her eyes and make a wish. Then when she opens them, you are down on one knee in front of her - VERY romantic! (maybe grab a CM with a camera nearby...they are always in front of the castle!)

stinkerbell
07-27-2005, 07:45 AM
Put me down as another vote for the Wishing Well. I wished for my daughters there and I was lucky enough to be included in a friend's plan to propose at midnight on Disneyland's 50th there. It's truly a special and beautiful place, especially at night!! :)

Good luck!

noonle
07-27-2005, 08:33 AM
My husband proposed to me at the Blue Bayou in Disneyland. It was wonderful.

His first 2 choices were to propose during the fireworks (they didn't have them that night... grr) or Fantasmic (though I would have probably hit him if he interrupted my Fantasmicness). You might want to splurge and get the Fantasmic balcony seating for your trip. (Yum... cheesecake.) It's a nice setting, and I'm sure you can get the cast members to help you with your ploy (that's probably true wherever you go).

When we were there for New Years Eve, the castle was closed off for the fireworks and festivities, but a cast member let a guy and his girlfriend go to the deserted castle so he could get on one knee and propose (in front of crowds of people waiting for the new year). That was a cute gesture.

I'm sure there's so many places to go. Jason actually wanted to go to the fountain and make a wish, and then say later when he proposed, "Remember when we made a wish by the wishing well?" but I didn't want to go over there because too many princesses and their fans populate that area nowadays. The Storybook Land ride might be another good one-- you can ask a cast member if you could borrow her speaker thing and propose that way (it has been done, I'm sure).

There's a show called Perfect Proposal on TLC that you might want to watch to get some ideas. I haven't seen a bad proposal on that show yet. :)

GOOD LUCK!

Mrs. Newseditor44
07-27-2005, 09:31 AM
You want this to be a surprise, right? As much as the wishing well is romantic, she might expect it if you two have been discussing marriage. I would try to find a place at the park that may be special for her that holds some type of good memory but make sure that memory doesn't involve another guy ;) Personally, I am not into the mushy romantic stuff but moreso the innovative, surprise thing. I like to think outside the box on stuff like surprises but that's just me. But, try to see what other locations that may be special because as much as the wishing well is romantic, it also may be too obvious and she's going to expect it.

Niwel
07-27-2005, 09:37 AM
Cute! She was in "Mousercize?!?" -- I loved that show. Another vote for wishing well -- if you can get there at night without it being blocked off. Back up location: Angels Court in New Orleans Square at night. Near a store but very beautiful during the holidays (if you propose in December) -- angels and lights, a stairway and a fountain....
I also think the waiting area of Tiki Room at night is kind of sweet -- very tropical, if you don't mind the Dole commercial in the background....
Good luck!

Earkid
07-27-2005, 09:41 AM
Angels Court in New Orleans Square at night. Near a store but very beautiful during the holidays (if you propose in December) -- angels and lights, a stairway and a fountain....Oh, Oh, Oh, this is my absolute favorite place in the park, especially at Christmas. So beautiful.

dsnyredhead
07-27-2005, 11:12 AM
Pick a spot that is special to you...whether it be a restaurant, a ride, a show, or just a spot in the park (wishing well comes to mind). My husband proposed to me on an attraction. I wouldn't go for "the spot everyone proposes at" but a spot that is important to you.

Lani
07-27-2005, 11:44 AM
Another vote for the wishing well from me.

And actually, you don't have to make it so obvious. Just "meander over there" instead of walking towards it like you're on a mission. Use the excuse of looking at the swans in the moat, or give her some trivia about the soapstone statues of the dwarfs, or ask her to wait so you can listen to Snow White sing.

BigAlH
07-27-2005, 11:56 AM
A few suggestions:

I echo the Court de Angels (http://albums.mouseplanet.com/album29/44nos_railing2_stroupLG.jpg) in New Orleans square. What I'd do is make dinner reservations at Blue Bayou and before you check in for dinner propose on the steps. You can make it very secretive by telling her you want her picture on the step. As she sits down you kneel and pop the question. Then go to dinner.

Second option would be a normal photo spot - i.e. in front of castle. Tell the Disney photographer you are going to propose and have them snap away as you do your thing. You may be able to go to City Hall or the Photo Shop and tell them of your plan and they might send a photographer to some diff location.

Third option would be something completely different. Pick a ride with a camera - Splash might work well for this. Have her sit right in front of you (tell the CMs so you can get front seat - or a boat to yourself). As you approach the picture spot (again, Splash is good as it's fairly slow moving just before going down) either lean forward and ask her or hold up a "Will you marry me" sign. Then the ride picture will capture the rest.

Whatever you do, good luck!

-al

Forbin
07-27-2005, 11:58 AM
Instead of in club 33 you should try the Fantasmic Balcony. It's about the same price as 33 and it's more flashy than 33.

Earkid
07-27-2005, 12:05 PM
I want to propose to my girlfriend sometime between december of this year and february of next. Thanks allOf course, you know that you are now bound by law to come back and post how you proposed, INCLUDING PICS!! We are a very demanding bunch and if we gvie out advice like this we want to see the results. If we don't hear back from ya, we know where you live (well we dont but we do know that your name is bighern)!!! :D

coronado_g
07-27-2005, 12:06 PM
I also vote for Snow White's Wishing Well. It's a VERY romantic spot. So sweet and simple - it's has every aspect of romance covered. It's a relatively private spot tucked away from the crowds so that your proposal isn't interrupted.

coronado_g
07-27-2005, 12:09 PM
Of course, you know that you are now bound by law to come back and post how you proposed, INCLUDING PICS!! We are a very demanding bunch and if we gvie out advice like this we want to see the results. If we don't hear back from ya, we know where you live (well we dont but we do know that your name is bighern)!!! :D
And, yes, you realize that we will all want to hear all about it! And hopefully maybe see some pics, please, if it's not too intrusive for you.

ozbeauticn
07-27-2005, 12:16 PM
A few suggestions:
Second option would be a normal photo spot - i.e. in front of castle. Tell the Disney photographer you are going to propose and have them snap away as you do your thing. You may be able to go to City Hall or the Photo Shop and tell them of your plan and they might send a photographer to some diff location.

I have told my boyfriend this is how I want to be proposed to! Although I guess it would not be a good idea if you wanted it to be more private, this way people will probably start to cheer you on!

sacheat
07-27-2005, 12:18 PM
Is she expecting anything? I was for Christmas so my sneaky hubbie had me open all my presents, I was about in tears in disappointment as I helped clean up :crying: as I turned around he was around on bended knee with a bow stuck on his head..... Now its funny :~D Point is, he really suprised me and I remember it, I don't think it would have been as special if he would have given it to me at an expected moment...so really keep her guessing ;) even if it means giving it to her on the way out of the park.....could be kinda cool to be the last ones there

coronado_g
07-27-2005, 12:18 PM
Use the excuse of looking at the swans in the moat, or give her some trivia about the soapstone statues of the dwarfs, or ask her to wait so you can listen to Snow White sing.
According to MousePlanet, the statues are sculpted in Italian marble.

Disney Debbie
07-27-2005, 12:19 PM
Just my 2 cents. You might want to see if you can arrange to have her favorite character (if it one that frequents the park) and see if they will propose to her for you. The wishing well is nice, but being a former cast member it has been done alot. She is a very lucky girl to have a great gentleman like you to go to all this trouble.

Debbie

lauramaynot
07-27-2005, 12:24 PM
There are alot of great ideas here and I agree that it should be somewhere special to the two of you. I have witnessed a few proposals at DL and I thought they were original (though maybe not) One I saw that I thought was by far the strangest place - aboard the parking lot tram. We were leaving at midnight and the guy at the back of the tram the one that says "all clear" anounces that someone has an announcement he handed the radio to a passenger in front of him who said that he learned a lot about his girlfriend that day including things like she was patient with him when he got sick after riding the teacups and that he liked the way she could navigate a crowd. I remember he said he was glad she liked corndogs as much as he did - he had a very funny speech. Then he asked her to marry him. She said yes into the radio and everyone cheered. It was very cute and different. but if you try this one you should probably try to get on one with a light crowd. Ours was probably about 20 or 30 minutes after closing time since we stopped at the bathrooms on our way out.

crazi4dlr
07-27-2005, 12:50 PM
Did anyone see the post with the pictures of the guy who proposed to his girlfriend via sign on SM. She didn't know until she looked at the picture. Really sweet and original. I'll couldn't find the post though.

Elways way
07-27-2005, 12:52 PM
I was asking the same sort of questions myself. My plan.......and I thought it was original.......was to hold up a sign right as we dropped on Splash Mountain. Then we got to the bottom and were looking for our picture, I would be on bended knee right behind her as soon as she noticed what was going on. I think its a great idea as long as the CMs let the picture through (i know they black out a lot of different things people do) and my sign doesn't get blocked or cut off by the frame. The problem is you really only get one chance at doing it right!

My other thought was to take her on a stroll through all the 50th bricks to look at the many different things people have put on their bricks. While we are cruising along (possibly video taping) we just might happen to stumble upon the brick that I purchased about a year ago without her knowing . Amidst all of her surprise, I will get down on bended knee and ask her if she wants to make the brick legitamate "Boyes Family 2006". This is my first choice and would be perfect if I somehow had a willing person to document the event without her catching on to it before hand. I like the fact that it is a little bit more private and my chances of screwing it up aren't as great.

Any thoughts? Can I get away with the Splash Mountain idea? Is it too much of a risk? I know the brick will surpise the heck out of her since I have managed to keep it a secret for over a year and we have been down there 3-4 times since it was installed. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Either way......it is going to happen Aug 11th-13th (probably the 11th since I don't think I could keep the secret much longer). I'd love to get someone else involved (ie talk to city hall) to help document it......but I don't know how to get away from her to try and set it up and still have the surprise factor. I'd love to hear your suggestions! No matter what happens I'll be the happiest man on earth at the happiest place on earth! What could be better?

PS I will definitely let you all know how it goes and post pics or video if I get that lucky!

coronado_g
07-27-2005, 12:54 PM
Did anyone see the post with the pictures of the guy who proposed to his girlfriend via sign on SM. She didn't know until she looked at the picture. Really sweet and original. I'll couldn't find the post though.
Now I'm looking for the post...

lauramaynot
07-27-2005, 12:58 PM
I was asking the same sort of questions myself. My plan.......and I thought it was original.......was to hold up a sign right as we dropped on Splash Mountain. Then we got to the bottom and were looking for our picture, I would be on bended knee right behind her as soon as she noticed what was going on. I think its a great idea as long as the CMs let the picture through (i know they black out a lot of different things people do) and my sign doesn't get blocked or cut off by the frame. The problem is you really only get one chance at doing it right!

My other thought was to take her on a stroll through all the 50th bricks to look at the many different things people have put on their bricks. While we are cruising along (possibly video taping) we just might happen to stumble upon the brick that I purchased about a year ago without her knowing . Amidst all of her surprise, I will get down on bended knee and ask her if she wants to make the brick legitamate "Boyes Family 2006". This is my first choice and would be perfect if I somehow had a willing person to document the event without her catching on to it before hand. I like the fact that it is a little bit more private and my chances of screwing it up aren't as great.

Any thoughts? Can I get away with the Splash Mountain idea? Is it too much of a risk? I know the brick will surpise the heck out of her since I have managed to keep it a secret for over a year and we have been down there 3-4 times since it was installed. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Either way......it is going to happen Aug 11th-13th (probably the 11th since I don't think I could keep the secret much longer). I'd love to get someone else involved (ie talk to city hall) to help document it......but I don't know how to get away from her to try and set it up and still have the surprise factor. I'd love to hear your suggestions! No matter what happens I'll be the happiest man on earth at the happiest place on earth! What could be better?

PS I will definitely let you all know how it goes and post pics or video if I get that lucky!

The brick idea is great! I would do that becides the fact you can't mess it up too much you also have a great souvenier (sp?) and you can go back and take pictures of the brick up close with your wedding bands. Also the cost and prep for this proposal is very impressive...

crazi4dlr
07-27-2005, 01:06 PM
I'm really computer lame and don't know how to bring a post forward but here is a copy and paste of the title and it's on page twenty. You have to scroll through the photos but it's worth it. Check it out.

Pictures from my trip June 10-17th
Chadsgal