PDA

View Full Version : What Non-Disney Franchises Would You Like to See As Disney Rides?

Pages : [1] 2

animagusurreal
07-26-2005, 11:03 PM
I know there are some who would probably answer "none!" :)

I do want to preface this by saying I'm still an advocate of original and Disney movie-based attractions. :D

First idea - Harry Potter.

I don't think Warner Bros. would ever build anything like this in a Six Flags park. Also, they show the movies on Disney Channel and ABC. (I still doubt it would ever be built at a Disney park, though.)

I could see a whole Hogwarts section, maybe even with a Hogsmeade and/or Diagon Alley shopping section and a little Three Broomsticks/Hog's Head "pub."

The vehicles for the ride would be broomsticks, possibly giant multi-rider broomsticks. I don't know whether you would straddle them like the characters do (more "realistic,") or ride in a broomstick-shaped car (more comfortable.) They'd be suspended from a track above,, like Peter Pan vehicles, only with some more high-tech system. Maybe there would be a "wand" attatched that, when fired at certain things on the ride, would trigger interactive aspects. Also, it'd be neat if you had some control over your broomstick, like flying up and down as you go (if they were smaller, one or two rider vehicles.)

Something that particularly jumps out at me for part of the ride is the "moving staircase" scene. I can just see careening down between all those starcaises, like the camera did (in the second movie, I believe.) Also, of course, the Quiddich sequences - perhaps you could catch the golden snitch.

I don't think it should follow any of the books/movies directly - I seem to prefer attractions like Star Tours, where it takes place in the universe of the franchise, but has its own little plotline. It could start with the idea that the riders are "first years" coming into Hogwarts.

I have many more ideas for rides.... :geek:

Osky
07-27-2005, 06:27 AM
Godzilla.

DBJ
07-27-2005, 06:51 AM
Stargate. Indoor dark ride coaster where you are launched through the stargate, end up on an alien planet, then launch back to home. A cross between Mummy/Indy.

gothemi
07-27-2005, 07:18 AM
Stargate. Indoor dark ride coaster where you are launched through the stargate, end up on an alien planet, then launch back to home. A cross between Mummy/Indy.

SF Marine World has a motion similator type ride with Stargate, but it is fairly cheesy. An actual ride like Indy would be fun. Maybe use the launch ramp from Space Mountian too.

I would like to see a 007/James Bond ride, not just a theater "thing" like Great America used to have.

Mark Mywords
07-27-2005, 09:00 AM
A Charlie/Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory boat ride could be fun...

Marty
07-27-2005, 09:16 AM
Terms of Endearment

DisneyDustin22
07-27-2005, 09:21 AM
War of the Worlds.

PragmaticIdealist
07-27-2005, 09:35 AM
I have not seen this film since I was a little kid, but I remember being fascinated with it, then.

Something like Terry Gilliam's "Time Bandits" would make a really interesting and imaginative Attraction.

GrimmGreen
07-27-2005, 09:46 AM
i would like to see a dinseyland ride based on something old timey like walt used to to , about adventure and peril , all the really cool rides in DLR are not based on any franchises , space mountain , matterhorn , junge cruize... i dont know... i'm just rambling at this point...

DEADmenTELLnoTALES
07-27-2005, 10:17 AM
steel magnolias

KeithOfTerror
07-27-2005, 10:50 AM
Imagine if you will...Deep Throat: The Ride.

:D I'm not even gonna say what the ride vehicles are, or where the launch tunnel is, but you get the idea.

And everybody gets a cigarette after the ride.

*prepares for a mod warning*

phoenixfire2k5
07-27-2005, 10:51 AM
I think the wormhole in the movie Contact would be an awesome ride.

DEADmenTELLnoTALES
07-27-2005, 11:02 AM
beaches

phoenixfire2k5
07-27-2005, 11:04 AM
beaches

What the?! LOL! Oh you are SO voted off the island for that one! lol!!

Exiled! You must go, you have failed! lol

leotatoombs
07-27-2005, 11:31 AM
Have always loved the book! And Has A good moral! but at the same time very nonsensical. kinda like a alice in wonderlandish ride you might think! I think if they got the right's it would work very well in the d-land theming somewhere? A bored child who doesn't think learning is worth it!-or whats the point of learning etc. :D

DEADmenTELLnoTALES
07-27-2005, 12:16 PM
What the?! LOL! Oh you are SO voted off the island for that one! lol!!

Exiled! You must go, you have failed! lol

LMAO!!! hahaha sorry i couldnt think of anything good, so i thought of the lamest movie ever made...

i promise ill be good from now on :~D

phoenixfire2k5
07-27-2005, 12:17 PM
LMAO!!! hahaha sorry i couldnt think of anything good, so i thought of the lamest movie ever made...

i promise ill be good from now on :~D

ROTFL!!!

coronado_g
07-27-2005, 12:26 PM
Being a Ring fan, the first thing I thought of was "Lord of the Rings". But those movies, as much as I love them, don't really give themselves over to the requirements of a theme-park ride.
The "Harry Potter" franchise would be an excellent Disney ride!

averagedork
07-27-2005, 12:46 PM

:D I'm not even gonna say what the ride vehicles are, or where the launch tunnel is, but you get the idea.

Oh my god. So funny... Would it be in Fantasyland?

coronado_g
07-27-2005, 02:12 PM
Oh my god. So funny... Would it be in Fantasyland?
Warning! Get ready to avert sensitive eyes!

Disney Vault
07-27-2005, 02:15 PM
Of the ones suggested so far I would say Harry Potter would fit the best in a Disney park. Many of the others I just didn't like the movie in the first place so I probably wouldn't like a ride based of it.

I would also like to see a ride based off of Titanic. They could have some cool special effects. I am thinking like the flooding scene from the tram tour at Universal Studios. Or some ride based off of Mission impossible or 007.

Pat-n-Eil
07-27-2005, 02:58 PM

I think now you're just getting cocky.

And would it have pictures of former FBI agent Mark Felt all over it?

But seriously folks - I don't think any Non-Disney related attraction should go into Disneyland. I understand the Harry Potter suggestion since it is just a modern day fairy tale fantasy thing and I could see if Disney were to get the rights to it they could Disney-fi it.. but something like Sky High looks like it might be good.. and I could see a Herbie The Love Bug attraction.. I think Disney has it in them to come up with more new original attractions..

shawnarae
07-27-2005, 03:07 PM
Charlie & the Chocolate Factory :) and after the ride there would be an old fashion candy store on the way out....

jrad32
07-27-2005, 03:19 PM
I saw some photos on a site of a Harry Potter themed area in a theme park in Australia, I want to say it was Movieland? I think it was owned by the WB. Anyway they had a whole themed Diagon Alley area with all the shops, but I don't think any rides.

I think that WB is missing the boat on Potter. They should pay JK Rowlings whatever it takes to get theme park rights and then steal some Disney imagineers and make a Potter Park. What a cash cow if done right. Can you imagine how much money it would make? I bet it would out draw many of the Disney theme parks if done right (ie brings the Disney theme park magic to this property).

animagusurreal
07-27-2005, 03:36 PM
I would also like to see a ride based off of Titanic.

At the dinky "Family Fun Center" where I once worked here in Santa Maria, they used to have a large inflatable slide that looked like a half-sunken Titanic. It even said "H.M.S. Titanic - Liverpool, England" written on the back of it, and the bumpers as the bottom were supposed to be waves.

It was sometimes my job to supervise the slide, and I'd stand there thinking - little did the people who were in actual disaster know that some day it would be a kiddie ride.

Some of the parents would make similar comments, and I've tell them that next we were going to have the Hindenberg Bounce House.

At any rate, I think it could still be an interesting ride. Could go on Hollywood Pictures Backlot, though I doubt they'd actually do it. The vehicle could be a life boat, and as the ship slowly, suspensefully tilts, you could slide down through scenes from the movie. Of course, you'd probably want to the at the very top for one final drop before it sinks, but I imagine it could go up a lift at the very end for that part.