PDA

View Full Version : "Talking" Window in NOS

animagusurreal
07-26-2005, 09:34 PM
Was just wondering if anyone else has seen (heard) this, and if its still there -

A few years ago I noticed a second story window in NOS with a pre-recorded "conversation" emanating out of it. I think the topic was voodoo. I haven't noticed it since (may just not have been in that part of NOS, and I don't recall exactly where it was,) and I've never heard it mentioned anywhere.

leotatoombs
07-26-2005, 09:50 PM
Was just wondering if anyone else has seen (heard) this, and if its still there -

A few years ago I noticed a second story window in NOS with a pre-recorded "conversation" emanating out of it. I think the topic was voodoo. I haven't noticed it since (may just not have been in that part of NOS, and I don't recall exactly where it was,) and I've never heard it mentioned anywhere.
That's one of my favorite things about wandering the streets of NOS! Especially the one with that topic! Every one out of three visits I am lucky & hear it! it's pretty funny & strange for it to be in d-land! :D Oh yeah! you can hear it if you hang out long enough it's across from NOS bathrooms overhead of the phone booths which are on the side of the french market, at least thats where I hear it usually.

Osky
07-26-2005, 09:50 PM
They had something along those lines in late April this year. I didn't spend time to look where it was coming from, but there definitely was a conversation loop playing.

Osky
07-26-2005, 09:53 PM
That's one of my favorite things about wandering the streets of NOS! Especially the one with that topic! Every one out of three visits I am lucky & hear it! it's pretty funny & strange for it to be in d-land! :D Oh yeah! you can hear it if you hang out long enough it's across from NOS bathrooms overhead of the phone booths which are on the side of the french market, at least thats where I hear it usually.

I distinctly remember hearing one more in the heart of NOS, near the Club 33 door. There is a different loop that plays from the NOS train station facade that can be heard at the bathrooms. It is coming from upstairs at the hotel.

animagusurreal
07-26-2005, 10:07 PM
Thanks Leota and Grundler,

I'll have to look for these next time I go - now that I know I didn't just imagine it in the first place! :D

PrincessMomma
07-26-2005, 10:45 PM

We found a few other windows like that awhile back. I think it was on main street ~ a student playing bad music from the window of the music teacher, and dental office sounds from the dental office. As I recall, they were both on the right as you walk down Main street toward the hub. I think we found a few others, but I can't recall them right now...

Opus1guy
07-26-2005, 11:10 PM
When I go out on the balcony of Club 33, I always hear the one with the musicians practicing and talking about their next set.

Former Imagineer Eddie Sotto created these talking windows when he was Show Producer creating Main Street at Disneyland Paris. When he came back to California he used some of his discretionary budget to plus-up Disneyland a bit by adding several of these "talking windows" to add streetmosphere to various areas. Of course there's Dr. Bits drilling away near the lockers on Main Street, among others.

Eddie really liked audio elements and used them a lot to add authenticity and fun to areas. He's a fun-loving ham. Many of the voices are his! Including Shrunken Ned in Adventureland. I call him Shrunken Ed. :)

millionairegirl
07-27-2005, 05:47 AM
There's one in Animal Kingdom of a mother feeding her baby. That's a sweet one.

I think the shower one on Main Street is my favorite.

MammaSilva
07-27-2005, 06:27 AM
Sit in the very last car on any train, when it gets to the NOS station, pay attention to the conversations from the hotel! I love all those little touches!

Sailor Butterfly
07-27-2005, 09:26 AM
This is the kind of stuff that makes DL so cool.

The last few times I was at DL, I tried looking (or should I say listening?) for those windows. I was only able to hear one of the windows on Main St. where the lockers are. Does anyone know if all of them still play or is the dentist one the only working window left? Or is it a random thing? I remember that there's supposed to be conversations coming from the bar in the que for BTM.