PDA

View Full Version : DL in December

Married2Mickey655
07-26-2005, 07:05 PM
Hey everyone. I will be going to DL Dec 4-10th... we will be visiting DL and CA during the week ( Monday-Friday ). Previous times we had gone during the summer.. and it was just too freakin hot and crowded for us. Can anyone tell me what it will be like during those times, if we will miss anything since not going on weekend, and if its a good time ? Any tips would be great. This is also our first time stayin at a Disney Hotel.. Paradise Pier ! Its our late honeymoon that we have saved up for so ANYTHING that may help us, would be great !! :~D Thanks a million !
~Melissa

SCUBAbe
07-26-2005, 07:08 PM
it will be decorated for the holidays, cooler and it used to be less crowded, but my last two trips it was fairly busy...the word of the "off season" has gotten out...

CherryGodmother
07-26-2005, 07:21 PM
it will be decorated for the holidays, cooler and it used to be less crowded, but my last two trips it was fairly busy...the word of the "off season" has gotten out...

We are also planning a trip in December...the 18th through the 22nd. I am worried about it being close to Christmas. It could make it less crowded because everyone will be getting their last minute shopping done, or it could be MORE crowded with everyone on school breaks.

Needless to say, I will be watching this thread with great anticipation! ;)

rentayenta
07-26-2005, 07:26 PM
Last year we went from the 19-26 and it was great! The crowds were nil before Christmas Day, after that it was a zoo.

To the OP, I think that you might run into CM parties that week, not sure though. If there are CM parties then the park will close at 6:00 pm on the nights of the parties.

December is the best time to visit IMHO. :D

Disney Vault
07-26-2005, 08:21 PM
I am going in early Decemeber too. It is the most amazing time to go. And now I can't imagine going any other time of the year. Since I only get to go once a year.

tlovesdis
07-26-2005, 08:44 PM
It seems to get more and more crowded at that time every year! We were there at that time last year and on that Mon & Tues, Disneyland closed at 6pm for cast holiday parties. It made DTD very, very crowded as I think everyone went there to have dinner and shop after Dl closed! Also, the Candlelight Processional will probably be that first Sat & Sun so there are big crowds for that. I thought the time we were going would be slow, but it wasn't. But, it was nothing like a summer day for sure!

The Mouse Is Back
07-26-2005, 08:54 PM
There are probably more people there than in the past because they have put the Christmas decorations up earlier and earlier.

That being said...we went several times during the beginning and middle of December last year, and it was very UNcrowded. And on Christmas Eve it was light crowds until the late performance of the parade.

THERE IS NO WAY TO ACCURATELY PREDICT THE CROWDS AT DISNEYLAND ON A GIVEN DAY!!! There are even fluke Saturdays in the middle of summer when for some strange reason known only to the Universe itself, the crowds are not what you would think they should be.

married2mickey - you'll have a great time on your honeymoon trip! :) Be sure to take lots of pictures.

-Allegra-