PDA

View Full Version : Tinkerbelle: human, animatronic, Or...? & Yes I do believe in fairies!

leotatoombs
07-26-2005, 05:00 PM
I hope this isn't taboo or something just wondered what people thought!? there are times she looks so real & others not so! & with all that fire around ouch! if there was already a fire in snow grotto what next? :)

millionairegirl
07-26-2005, 05:06 PM
It's a real person, but:

she wears a plastic mask on her head. Not sure if that's to make her look more realistic or to protect her from the fire?

Susan L
07-26-2005, 05:06 PM
As far as I know Tink has always been very much alive.

BigAlH
07-27-2005, 10:39 AM
The Sacramento Bee had an article a while ago about the previous Tinkerbell who just retired. She had that job for 30 years or so.

I can't find the article online now but will continue to look for it.

-al

phoenixfire2k5
07-27-2005, 10:40 AM
It's a real person, but:

she wears a plastic mask on her head. Not sure if that's to make her look more realistic or to protect her from the fire?

Maybe its for shine effect. But yeah, it could also be a heat shield since she goes around all those pyros.

leotatoombs
07-27-2005, 10:50 AM
The Sacramento Bee had an article a while ago about the previous Tinkerbell who just retired. She had that job for 30 years or so.

-alDo they try to use the same person all the time during fireworks season's?
:)

phoenixfire2k5
07-27-2005, 10:54 AM
Do they try to use the same person all the time during fireworks season's?
:)

To my knowledge, the one that is doing it now, is the daughter of the one that just retired and was a long time veteran of it. But yeah, if they have it going on a nightly basis, thats a lot for just one person. They must have more than one.

CrazyTrain
07-27-2005, 02:23 PM
It's a real person, but:

I do believe there is more than one. However, I have also heard that she is a he!

coronado_g
07-27-2005, 02:27 PM
I hope this isn't taboo or something just wondered what people thought!? there are times she looks so real & others not so! & with all that fire around ouch! if there was already a fire in snow grotto what next? :)
I think we had all better start clapping right NOW...real LOUD!!

cosmicjive
07-27-2005, 03:07 PM
I do believe there is more than one. However, I have also heard that she is a he!

I have heard this as well, although I have heard contradictory information about whether or not that is actually true. If it is, then it is a relatively recent development, since several Disneyland books document who the early tinkerbells were, and they didn't meet the description in the above spoiler!

I would be very interested to find out whether this one is true or not.

-Jeff "etumor"

mcow1
07-27-2005, 06:54 PM

-al
And, if I recall correctly, did not retire completely by choice. It seems to me she was told that with the new show if she wanted the job she had to put in an application for it and compete with everyone else.

sdfilmcritic
07-27-2005, 09:08 PM
The mask is for protection from the pyrotechnics, flamethrowers, and any other dangerous items that are shot from the castle.

Maleficent Fan
07-28-2005, 12:20 AM
Any pictures of Tink w/ the mask? Im rally curious to what this looks like.

BigAlH
07-28-2005, 11:41 AM
Asked my wife about the article last night (which we didn't save unfortunately) and she said the new tink is NOT her daughter. It's definately a female though.

From what I remember of the article she retired because she was getting too old to handle the new flight path. She didn't sound upset at all in the interview. She may very well still be part of the company, just not the flying tink anymore.

-al

EeyoreAdorer
07-29-2005, 11:34 AM

I'm not able to read/see what's in the "spoiler" box. Am I the only one?

stan4d_steph
07-29-2005, 11:48 AM
I'm not able to read/see what's in the "spoiler" box. Am I the only one?Highlight the text in the box to view it. You can either click and scroll over the box or triple click inside the box.

MyBeast
07-29-2005, 01:13 PM
She is a she. A friend helps her with costuming and stuff.

I have heard this as well, although I have heard contradictory information about whether or not that is actually true. If it is, then it is a relatively recent development, since several Disneyland books document who the early tinkerbells were, and they didn't meet the description in the above spoiler!

I would be very interested to find out whether this one is true or not.

-Jeff "etumor"

Simba's Mom
07-29-2005, 01:16 PM
To my knowledge, the one that is doing it now, is the daughter of the one that just retired and was a long time veteran of it. But yeah, if they have it going on a nightly basis, thats a lot for just one person. They must have more than one.

Yes, there's definitely more than one. DS's band (Disney's All-American College band) is choreographed by one of the Tinkerbells and I think she said she's one of 3 or 4. They alternate (take turns) "flying".

EeyoreAdorer
07-30-2005, 07:23 PM
Highlight the text in the box to view it. You can either click and scroll over the box or triple click inside the box.

Thank you.....

Disneyfun
07-30-2005, 11:30 PM
Yes, there's definitely more than one. DS's band (Disney's All-American College band) is choreographed by one of the Tinkerbells and I think she said she's one of 3 or 4. They alternate (take turns) "flying".
I was thinking that there would half to be with firework 7 days a week. Was wondering about that with the article person too. It seems like in the past fifty years there had to be more than just two people. who have done tink.

sdfilmcritic
07-31-2005, 10:22 AM
Am I the only one who thinks that the gender and age of the person who plays Tink during the fireworks show has been borderlining on an urban legend?

phoenixfire2k5
07-31-2005, 10:34 AM
Well, if a guy wants to be tinkerbell, then he's workin at the right place! lol