PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Mansion opens tomorrow!

justagrrl
02-13-2002, 07:36 AM
Can't wait - just checked the schedule and Haunted Mansion is off of the refurb list tomorrow! Woohooo. I thought it was going to be on Friday - so I hope the site is right about it being a day early instead. :)

socabch
02-13-2002, 12:49 PM
I am soooo glad it is opening!!!! My daughters want to go on Fri or Tues. Still discussing crowds at this time. We are out of school down here but I'm not sure of the rest of So Cal.

Gemini Cricket
02-13-2002, 01:02 PM
Whenever it opens, can someone post an update on the HM's condition post-Holiday? I especially want to know about the new room (library) in the Dining Room/Birthday Scene.
:)

MickeyD
02-13-2002, 01:19 PM
Oh cool. I'm taking a group of teens on Friday and I printed out the refurbishment schedule, but didn't even notice that HM wasn't on it. Yay!

Ghoulish Delight
02-13-2002, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by DisneyLad
Whenever it opens, can someone post an update on the HM's condition post-Holiday? I especially want to know about the new room (library) in the Dining Room/Birthday Scene.
:)

Ditto. First time through HM Holiday, I did a total double take when I saw that. "Was that always there?!?!" Realizing, of course, that it had not always been there, I'm dying to know if they're just going to cover it back up, or if they are going to utilize it in some fashion. We shall see.

gwegowy
02-13-2002, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by MickeyD
Oh cool. I'm taking a group of teens on Friday and I printed out the refurbishment schedule, but didn't even notice that HM wasn't on it. Yay!

I'm an idiot. When I read your post I was like ' whoa! I'm taking a bunch of teens to on Friday, what a small world.' and then I noticed it was you, mickeyd. I'm so lame.

Just thought you'd all like to know.

Gemini Cricket
02-13-2002, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by gwegowy
I'm an idiot. When I read your post I was like ' whoa! I'm taking a bunch of teens to on Friday, what a small world.' and then I noticed it was you, mickeyd. I'm so lame.

Just thought you'd all like to know.
What's the gwegowy/MickeyD connection?:confused:

(P.S.: My partner grew up in 'nard.):)

MickeyD
02-13-2002, 05:19 PM

What's the gwegowy/MickeyD connection?:confused:

(P.S.: My partner grew up in 'nard.):)

Gwegowy has been my DBF for more than 5 1/2 years, and my darling friend for much longer than that.

Disneylad- aren't guys from the 'nard the best? :D

Nigel2
02-13-2002, 09:45 PM
They probably just turn out the light and cover the "library" with a door (if they didn't design a sliding one). I want to know if leota will still "float" when they reopen. They were saying she was not going to fly again becuase the hover made her video not as clear.

justagrrl
02-14-2002, 12:41 PM
Yeah - I got to go on HM this morning. :)

Which side was the "extra" room on?

supercarrie
02-14-2002, 12:59 PM
Yay! :) My best friend will be very happy to hear this; she was so bummed last week when I had to inform her it wouldn't be re-opening then.

Gemini Cricket
02-14-2002, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by justagrrl
Yeah - I got to go on HM this morning. :)

Which side was the "extra" room on?
Left side of the dining room, below the dueling portraits.:)

Did you notice anything different, justagrrl?

Gemini Cricket
02-14-2002, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by MickeyD
Disneylad- aren't guys from the 'nard the best? :D
Yup!;)

justagrrl
02-14-2002, 01:45 PM

Left side of the dining room, below the dueling portraits.:)

Did you notice anything different, justagrrl?

I didn't see anything on the left side that seemed different - but let me also say that we only recently became AP'er's and didn't get to go to dland much before. And HM has been closed for nearly, if not all of, the entire time we've had our passes...or I would probably be much more familiar with it considering how much I've always liked the ride.

It seemed darker to me - and like the music wasn't quite the same in one part - that may just be my imagination making something out of nothing though - so I'll leave it at that and will leave it to others to correct me if I'm wrong-o.

We had the ghost horse whinny at us while waiting to go in - and that was fun. I don't recall that happening before - maybe just timing though.

Also, it seemed like the sound of the fall/thump after you see the corpse hung in the rafters, was louder...but this may be just because I was listening for it. See, I've learned all sorts of things about HM since I last got to ride - and I may just notice things because I didn't know to look for them before?

I can't wait to hear others comments about how it's changed/or stayed the same...

Gemini Cricket
02-14-2002, 04:01 PM
There's more info on the HM reopening:
http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4566

socabch
02-14-2002, 06:58 PM
We are going to DLR tomorrow. I can't wait to see what they have done to the HM. I wish they would bring back the Knight that reaches out to touch you. That was so cool if you were fortunate enough to be touched by him. Scared me to death (almost). HM has always been my favorite ride.

Ghoulish Delight
02-15-2002, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by socabch
We are going to DLR tomorrow. I can't wait to see what they have done to the HM. I wish they would bring back the Knight that reaches out to touch you. That was so cool if you were fortunate enough to be touched by him. Scared me to death (almost). HM has always been my favorite ride.

Ah, the knight. Saw it in Florida, scared the heck outta me too. And the best part is, I was at just the perfect age when we went to Florida that, years later, I remembered it happening, but since it only happened once I wasn't sure if I had made the memory up entirely.

<------------- Tada! Officially half way to loserville! Fitting that it be a post about my beloved Mansion.

Nigel2
02-15-2002, 09:32 PM
I assume you mean when there use to be live CM's in the mansion, not an AA.:)

socabch
02-16-2002, 08:54 AM
We went to DLR yesterday and went in the HM twice. I posted my thoughts on this thread: http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=68466#post68466

As I mentioned in the other thread. My daughter had a nice scare. Not like the Knight visiting you, but at least the CM's are having some fun with the guest.

Rallymonkey23
02-16-2002, 12:42 PM
I went on HM on our trip and did notice that when you first enter the Mansion you can see that there is new carpet and you can smell the new wood that was put in there. Other things I noticed was the singing heads were alot better and all the glows were alot brighter. I'm soooo glad that they did renovate this ride, it needed it.

Dlandmom
02-16-2002, 02:47 PM
Can't wait to check it out! I MIGHT be there tomorrow, but not sure yet....