PDA

View Full Version : Flash at end of Space Mtn.

Sandiegoboy
07-26-2005, 04:11 AM
Anyone ever been so blinded by the flash from the photo that you cant even see the ending effect?
One time me and my girlfriend both agreed that the flash was brighter than before. We were both blinded by it.

Little tod
07-26-2005, 05:01 AM
Yes. I always confuse the lights that are there with the spots flashing in my eyes. It does somewhat enhance the experience, but then I get to the loading dock and wonder why everybody's purple.

DCA Dot
07-31-2005, 10:04 PM
I have to admit that the "flash" at the end of the ride is about the only thing I do not like about the refurbed Space Mtn.. My right eye was actually really red for about two days after riding it. I feel that that it was caused by the "flash" but not sure. :(

No mind though because it is still one of my favorites and I just close my eyes at the end now when riding.

ToursbabeC3po
07-31-2005, 10:13 PM
It is very bad for people who have siezures that are light sensitive. I hope there is a disclaimer for strobes at the front or there is going to be problems. I am not too sure how bright it is because a friend of mine that works there warned me about it and I closed my eyes at the end.
toursbabe

phoenixfire2k5
07-31-2005, 10:47 PM
But you want to know what would help remedy that and make the ride even cooler and darker? Wear sunglasses. If you have a pair that is usually secure when you wear them, such as the Oakleys that I have, put em on. It makes the ride even darker and a lot more fun. Plus, it will minimized the blinding effect that this light apparantly has.

ToursbabeC3po
08-01-2005, 08:52 AM
That is a great Idea thanks. I remember in my teens we did that and it was a lot of fun. Now I can do it with my kids :-) Great advise!!!
Toursbabe

kinglouie1967
08-01-2005, 09:02 AM
It is very bad for people who have siezures that are light sensitive. I hope there is a disclaimer for strobes at the front or there is going to be problems. I am not too sure how bright it is because a friend of mine that works there warned me about it and I closed my eyes at the end.
toursbabe

I know I saw a disclaimer about strobes somewhere -- maybe at disneyland.com under an attraction description or on the back of my recent reservation confirmation. It was very general, saying something to the effect of "strobe lights are used throughout the park..." Not a lawyer, so don't know if that would stand up in court, but there ya go. BTW, Toursbabe, might want to make your sig past tense.

ToursbabeC3po
08-01-2005, 01:35 PM
I know I saw a disclaimer about strobes somewhere -- maybe at disneyland.com under an attraction description or on the back of my recent reservation confirmation. It was very general, saying something to the effect of "strobe lights are used throughout the park..." Not a lawyer, so don't know if that would stand up in court, but there ya go. BTW, Toursbabe, might want to make your sig past tense.

Thanks I forgot that was even on there :-) I will change it later. I was wondering if they had a disclaimer on the space mountain attraction before you go in. I will check next time I am in the park.
Toursbabe

McM
08-01-2005, 02:50 PM
As much as I found the old music amusing, I thought it was a tad bit too loud.

I'm just mad they took out the chocolate chip cookie(s)/asteroids inside..

jennia
08-01-2005, 02:51 PM
AFter the first ride or 2 I started closing my eyes before that flash!! I'm not particularly light sensitive but it really gets me as well.

Hakuna Makarla
08-01-2005, 03:37 PM
Whats this light for? do they take your pictures like some of the other rides do?

phoenixfire2k5
08-01-2005, 03:40 PM
Whats this light for? do they take your pictures like some of the other rides do?

No, its an alien probe! lol

DisneyDustin22
08-01-2005, 04:20 PM

Shh! They're watching us!

Disneyfreak
08-01-2005, 05:05 PM
I actually like the flash because it makes you disoriented and enhances the effects in that area.

Hakuna Makarla
08-01-2005, 05:18 PM

ok, so you like em alien probes Mike :)

ToursbabeC3po
08-01-2005, 07:00 PM
Too Funny :) LOL

Doug
08-01-2005, 07:24 PM
LOL!!

No, no, no... the alien prob is what you feel during A Bugs Life! :)

phoenixfire2k5
08-01-2005, 07:28 PM
LOL!!

No, no, no... the alien prob is what you feel during A Bugs Life! :)

Are we talkin about the movie, or the thing you feel in your tush when you're sitting in the theater watching its tough to be a bug?

Doug
08-01-2005, 08:05 PM
Oh yeah... it's tough to be a bug... that's it...

Oh, tip for you who go to see It's Tough To Be A Bug... don't sit in the right front.... or do if you want a surprise :)!

Are we talkin about the movie, or the thing you feel in your tush when you're sitting in the theater watching its tough to be a bug?

phoenixfire2k5
08-01-2005, 09:09 PM
I always sit towards the back.

coronado_g
08-01-2005, 11:33 PM
Well, I must be the odd one because I didn't even notice this flash during my two SM rides.