PDA

View Full Version : Disney Pixar Block Party Bash or Parade of Dreams

leotatoombs
07-26-2005, 12:02 AM
which of these do you think is beter? & Where are they good to view (preferebly shady,found it hard to find one for block party bash!) :)

SarahShep
07-26-2005, 05:57 AM
I didn't like the Block Party Bash at all. There were a few Pixar characters...mostly just random dancers jumping around to re-mixed party music. Not all that cool. I'd rather go see Parade of Dreams with the classic Disney characters and songs...and of course, more narration by Julie Andrews. Parade of Dreams brought tears to my eyes...Block Party Bash just brought a headache (ok, so I already had the headache, but it did not help).

BigAlH
07-26-2005, 08:27 AM
The Block Party was OK, a bit loud and "modern" (doing the Macarena in DL just seems odd). If you have to choose between the two then the Parade of Dreams for sure.

-al

yellowrosedtxn
07-26-2005, 08:30 AM
I liked both of them. I love Block Party Bash because it was full of energy and the kids got up (all of them) and jumped around and had a good time - but the Parade of Dreams was beautiful to watch. I loved the floats and the characters. They both have their good points, in my opinion.

kohl
07-26-2005, 08:39 AM
We went to see the Block Party Bash with my 7 & 9 year old. They were about 10 minutes late getting started that night. My 7 year old was getting VERY tired of waiting and wanted to leave. We stayed to watch it and after it was over he said "WOW mom that was great! Thanks for making us wait to see it!"
We saw the end of Parade of Dreams and my 7 year old liked Block Party Bash more.

DangerMouse
07-26-2005, 08:40 AM
My dd (8) enjoyed BPB much more than PoD because of the high energy level.

I personally did not enjoy the PoD very much. It may have been because of the location where we were for the parade stop (in between floats), but I just enjoy character interaction much more in BPB.

DCADude
07-26-2005, 09:45 AM
Block party bash is better.

Darkbeer
07-26-2005, 09:59 AM
I enjoy Parade of Dreams better, and enjoy watching it again and again...

Block Party Bash is loud and annoying.. my girlfriend actual runs the other way when it is coming!

That said, Parade of Dreams is wonderful for the entire family, while Block Party Bash is something for kids....

So, having something nice for EVERYONE wins:fez:

leotatoombs
07-26-2005, 10:15 AM
I enjoy Parade of Dreams better, and enjoy watching it again and again...

Block Party Bash is loud and annoying.. my girlfriend actual runs the other way when it is coming!

That said, Parade of Dreams is wonderful for the entire family, while Block Party Bash is something for kids....

So, having something nice for EVERYONE wins:fez:
o.k. i'm a little nerf ball obsessed! but I love the Parade of Dreams,I just wish I Could Figure Out A Good Spot To See Parade & Also A Place Where It Might Stop Or Overlap for two different shows! Any suggestions on a location that this might be possible? :)

shawnarae
07-26-2005, 10:22 AM
You can view my photo album link below and see pictures from Block Party. We liked it! And we are NOT parade people. I have 3 kids (2, 3 & 8) and they had a BLAST! I even videoed (which is rare for me). The interaction with the kids was great.

We got a great spot abut 5 minutes prior to the parade starting....West of Sunshine Plaza by the Golden State Area by the water fall. Our backs faced the sun & it was the PERFECT location! I believe it was the 2nd stop on the parade route, Green area.

It was fun...and we saw all the characters my kids liked.....since the parade is like 8 (or so) moving floats with characters on them (and walking around them) we did not have all the Pixar characters by us. We did have Monster's Inc, Bugs Life & Incredibles in our view :)

Disney Vault
07-26-2005, 10:34 AM
I haven't seen them live but from videos I think they both look good. They both fit there parks very well. PoD would never work in DCA and a BPB type thing would be terrible in DL. But they both are great the way they are.

Colin
07-27-2005, 03:49 AM
Personally I preferred the BPB to PoD. I love how the BPB gets everyone so involved, and the music, although mostly not Disnet, fits the Parade well, I really enjoyed it!

The PoD, I cant quite put my finger on it, but I didn't enjoy it anywhere near as much, and they really over-use 'To all who come to this happy place, Welcome' it kinda loses its meaning after so much repetition.

With BPB, I would watch it in Sunshine Plaza, then run around the back via GRR, and watch it again from Paradise Pier, Absolutely love the BPB :)

C°o°lin

leotatoombs
07-28-2005, 12:02 AM
I haven't seen them live but from videos I think they both look good. They both fit there parks very well. PoD would never work in DCA and a BPB type thing would be terrible in DL. But they both are great the way they are. I've seen both so many times!,on my last 10 day visit for DL BD. They R both good but parade of dreams has very strange positions! You Aren't Able To see the show twice in same viewing area! or at least I have yet to find one! other parades such as Party gras etc. You could acomplish this, that is seeing the parade & show twice from same spot & then show stops again & you would get to see the show part of the parade from different themed unit! They need to space out floats more & overlap viewing areas!!!! BBB Does this very well! every time! I went to BBB & I got to see all three shows during one parade
:D ! :)

leotatoombs
07-28-2005, 12:10 AM
Personally I preferred the BPB to PoD. I love how the BPB gets everyone so involved, and the music, although mostly not Disnet, fits the Parade well, I really enjoyed it!

The PoD, I cant quite put my finger on it, but I didn't enjoy it anywhere near as much, and they really over-use 'To all who come to this happy place, Welcome' it kinda loses its meaning after so much repetition.

With BPB, I would watch it in Sunshine Plaza, then run around the back via GRR, and watch it again from Paradise Pier, Absolutely love the BPB :)

C°o°lin More energy and guest participation! I know they're young but WOW!!! i've participated in show several times & man what a work out!!! OH Yeah! the dedication is overdone this used to be heard in DL only on birthdays! if you where lucky enough to be there at the time & not on a ride!
:)

evrythngwmn
07-28-2005, 02:34 AM
o.k. i'm a little nerf ball obsessed! but I love the Parade of Dreams,I just wish I Could Figure Out A Good Spot To See Parade & Also A Place Where It Might Stop Or Overlap for two different shows! Any suggestions on a location that this might be possible? :)

If you are willing to move you could catch the first and last stops. My friend and I did this unintentionally. We watched the first stop as it stepped off from Town Square. When it was over we walked to the Matterhorn via Tomorrowland (to avoid the parade crowd). Shortly after we got in line for Matterhorn, lo and behold there's the parade. We watched part of it again from a distance while in line.

LOYL2DZNY
07-28-2005, 10:53 AM
i was pretty disappointed w/the parade of dreams. very boring. the floats were nicely done, but that's about it. no excitement. at least the block party was fun. just watching them do all that jumping around gave me energy! i thought it was good.

phoenixfire2k5
07-28-2005, 11:12 AM
Wow, seems pretty even here. I like the POD better. It just has more magic to it and I like the Walt Disney soundbyte insert in there. I avoid the BPB like the plague lol :p

LOYL2DZNY
07-28-2005, 01:01 PM
...I like the Walt Disney soundbyte insert in there.

ok...i must agree w/you on that part. that was good.

I Heart Disneyland!
07-28-2005, 02:32 PM
Parade of Dreams

d123456
07-30-2005, 08:15 PM
Parade of Dreams: great looking floats, but too slow
Block Party Bash: high energy fun!

BPB is the best!!

phillyorig
07-31-2005, 05:48 AM
I read all the responses before I went in June over this same subject.

I wasn't too keen on to BPB but after seeing it and my hubby and kids were involved with it.. I loved it!!!.

I also loved the POD.

BPB, yes was a little "too modern" but, this old biddy starting to get into it lol.

I still love the OLE CLASSIC DISNEY!!!

So whatever floats your boat...