PDA

View Full Version : I think I've burned myself out on DL...

Skunker
07-25-2005, 04:15 PM
Is it possible? I think I've amped myself up so much I am on overload and now I am having adverse affects....I am not even sure I want to go now! What is wrong with me?? I am thinking about how I could use the money to pay off bills, etc. Is there a support group for people like me?

:)

DisneyDustin22
07-25-2005, 04:21 PM
(SMACK!) Get a hold of yourself man! Suck it up, straighten that jacket, and tuck in those pajamas! We better see you at DL next weekend! And without that pledge pin! ;)

tod
07-25-2005, 04:21 PM
After working at the Hotel for about nine months, I got tired of the place. It wasn't fun any more, I didn't enjoy it. I let my AP lapse and didn't renew it, I only went occaionally, on company-party nights and suchlike. I came back refreshed, renewed, and with a new appreciation of the place.

Take a couple of years off. It'll do you good.

--t

Disneynerd
07-25-2005, 04:22 PM
This is a serious situation - Code D, Code D!
Grab a cool beverage of your choice, avoid all distractions, sit in a comfortable chair and watch Disneyland travel DVDs or your own home movies of DL for at least 2 hours. This could be the result of the intense summer heat or someone has slipped you some sort of Mickey;)
This is NOT normal, so seek counceling if this continues (ie: read Mouseplanet till your eyes hurt).

DisneyDustin22
07-25-2005, 04:26 PM
Woooooooooo-saaaaaaaaaaa!
Woooooooooo-saaaaaaaaaaa!

Bad Boys 2 anyone? ;)

pisces
07-25-2005, 04:33 PM
How often do you go? If you're going a lot, maybe you need to make less frequent trips? Throw in some variety to make it interesting----a side-trip to Knots?

Before last year, I'd went 25 years without visiting, so things are still rather new and fresh to me.

But after a couple of years, or so, of visiting consistently, I can imagine myself moving on and going to other places.

Skunker
07-25-2005, 04:39 PM
Ha ha - you guys are hilarious (Code D!, Code D!)

The strange thing is that I haven't gone to DL for 4 1/2 years! I am very anal and detail oriented, I think I am on overload just planning this trip. And I am a major tightwad, so of course spending the money bothers me, even though I love going! I think I need professional help. ha ha

DangerMouse
07-25-2005, 04:43 PM
Is it possible? I think I've amped myself up so much I am on overload and now I am having adverse affects....I am not even sure I want to go now! What is wrong with me?? I am thinking about how I could use the money to pay off bills, etc. Is there a support group for people like me?

Get off the disney boards for a while. You can overload yourself with information and be sick of disney before even going. After a couple weeks awayyou will be able to sing "It's a Small World" and not even cringe! :D

Skunker
07-25-2005, 04:44 PM
Get off the disney boards for a while. You can overload yourself with information and be sick of disney before even going. After a couple weeks awayyou will be able to sing "It's a Small World" and not even cringe! :D

Maybe that's what I've done, too much Disney on the internet....
And thanks for putting that God awful song in my head again!!!
:D

nightdesigns
07-25-2005, 04:44 PM
I was the same way, let my passes lapse almost a year, but i got the craving so badly that I actually renewed in the beginning of august, that's how Bad i wanted to go.

Just take time off, you'll begin to crave it at some point.

SCUBAbe
07-25-2005, 05:07 PM

it's normal. I feel like that at the end of every trip. One year i felt like that for a whole year and took thay year off. Even now when I go I don't want to go on the same rides ove and over again....it's not like they change ever....LOL...but I enjoy doing other things now...like vmk quests, or photography or space...I haven't grown bored of space or buzz yet...LOL

Doug
07-25-2005, 05:52 PM
See, that is why I go as little as only once a month sometimes! But, I have not been since 7/17, so I am hoping to go this weekend...

Yes, and changing it up helps.... sometimes I go to Dland, sit, and watch the people go by for a while (a good place to do this is on one of the benches out fron of city hall)... or just wander around, try to find old rides, or parts of old rides, like the still standing skyway building .... Or try to figure out what that tunner is across from BTRR ;) Lots and lots to do!

SCUBAbe
07-25-2005, 06:07 PM
^6 I'm goingthis weekend also, bu I'm not looking forward to it...4 teenagers in hot weather...*sigh*...I think I will ditxch them...oh, and I aplogize in advance for their immature antics..:)

Lekta
07-25-2005, 07:55 PM
Maybe that's what I've done, too much Disney on the internet....
And thanks for putting that God awful song in my head again!!!
:D

I've honestly have never heard of anyone getting burned out on DL BEFORE the trip, this generally only occurs after the trip.

Here is your problem

There is either:
A) Something alien in the water where you live or,
B) you found out Johnny Depp doesn't actually live on PotC (for some reason, I am assuming your are of the female gender, forgive me if I am incorrect. Substitute Kera Knightly for Johnny if you pee standing up) :D

Either of which, though cureable, are very dangerous. Proceed with caution! (and mix in the occasional soda) :D

coronado_g
07-25-2005, 08:07 PM

There's nothing wrong with wanting to pay bills first before indulging in a DL trip. I can relate to that. If the bills are causing you stress or anxiety, maybe you should pay them. Putting off DL for awhile is OK - heck the place will still be there.

mkcbunny
07-25-2005, 08:27 PM
Get off the boards for a while. Like several weeks. It's addicitve and you spend so much time researching it kills you. We'll be fine here. :)

Going to another park is a good suggestion. We have fun at "those other parks," but we always feel better coming back to Disneyland.

Here's an idea. Stop planning. Just book the hotel and plane. Make a priority seating rezzie or two for places you like, and let the rest take care of itself. Just show up early and go with the flow. It always works for us, and we ride everything and have a great time.

Disney4Me
07-26-2005, 07:20 PM
Ha ha - you guys are hilarious (Code D!, Code D!)

The strange thing is that I haven't gone to DL for 4 1/2 years! I am very anal and detail oriented, I think I am on overload just planning this trip. And I am a major tightwad, so of course spending the money bothers me, even though I love going! I think I need professional help. ha ha

Have you gone anywhere else in the last 4 1/2 years? I have a hard time spending money when there are other things that could be paid. As I get older though I know it is healthy to take a vacation now and then. As for detail oriented, I won't go there.

Skunker
07-27-2005, 08:21 AM
Have you gone anywhere else in the last 4 1/2 years? I have a hard time spending money when there are other things that could be paid. As I get older though I know it is healthy to take a vacation now and then. As for detail oriented, I won't go there.

I haven't gone anywhere else in the last 4 1/2 years - it's been a vacation drought. he he.

Disney Vault
07-27-2005, 10:44 AM
I am very anal and detail oriented, I think I am on overload just planning this trip.
I really don't think people need to do this when planning a trip to the DLr. I like to just play it by ear and I don't get stressed or overloaded. It just makes the trip much more enjoyable imo. :)

Disney4Me
07-27-2005, 06:19 PM
I haven't gone anywhere else in the last 4 1/2 years - it's been a vacation drought. he he.

I am thinking the last big vacation we took was to Disneyland around 4 1/2 to 5 yrs ago. That is too long. It is hard to get away due to Hockey and skiing in the winter and then I work through the spring and summer quite a bit. I think we will make a bigger effort to do it a little more often. Hope you have a great time!

pisces
07-28-2005, 08:40 AM
"I've honestly have never heard of anyone getting burned out on DL BEFORE the trip, this generally only occurs after the "---Above

It's real. You get so fixated and caught up in planning, that it causes exhaustion. But you have to get yourself exhausted, because it helps you rest and take a break, and those times invariably occur.

What happens after the trip, is the withdrawl. And, the only thing that helps is to start in, planning, again, on the next trip.

I enjoy being pre-occupied with planning fun things. I don't drink coffee. I don't drink liquor or smoke. If this is my one addiction, so be it.

Skunker
07-28-2005, 08:47 AM
"I've honestly have never heard of anyone getting burned out on DL BEFORE the trip, this generally only occurs after the "---Above

It's real. You get so fixated and caught up in planning, that it causes exhaustion. But you have to get yourself exhausted, because it helps you rest and take a break, and those times invariably occur.

What happens after the trip, is the withdrawl. And, the only thing that helps is to start in, planning, again, on the next trip.

I enjoy being pre-occupied with planning fun things. I don't drink coffee. I don't drink liquor or smoke. If this is my one addiction, so be it.

You put into words what I could not! Thanks!

Susan L
07-28-2005, 08:55 AM
I'm with you pisces :D

Disney Vault
07-28-2005, 09:14 AM
Are you just tired of Disneyland or all Disney? Because I would say go watch some classic Disney movies. That always gets me excited to go on the rides based off the movies. Or watch a vacation planning video. That gets me pumped up everytime. Even listening to Disneyland music help me look forward to a trip even more.