PDA

View Full Version : October is going to be packed!

PrincessMomma
07-25-2005, 02:34 PM
Just got off the phone with a very helpful operator on the Disneyland Hotel reservation line. She said that ALL 3 on-site hotels (Grand Californian, Disneyland Hotel, and Paradise Pier) are completely booked for the first 2 weeks of October, and because of this they are fairly certain that they will not be offering the AP Nights discount to Annual Passholders during that time. Sounds like October is going to be crowded!!!

Andrew
07-25-2005, 02:35 PM
Hear that, MouseAdventurers? Make your plans now!

Though, uh, we haven't made the date official yet.

hlbtimes2
07-25-2005, 02:46 PM
ACK! I really want it to be quiet when we are there. We picked the "off season" for a reason.
I wonder if that is why they dont have the Oct. calendar up yet. Maybe they are trying to decide if they need longer hours based on what the current bookings are. I know they usually have at least some info up this far in advance.

phoenixfire2k5
07-25-2005, 02:48 PM
Hear that, MouseAdventurers? Make your plans now!

Though, uh, we haven't made the date official yet.

Andrew, we should really have a MP Halloween party either at Dland or DCA. This will give those of us a chance that didn't make the meet on the 17th to meet those that we missed out on.

pirateabbie
07-25-2005, 02:57 PM
I just checked the Disneyland website and they still have rooms at GCH and PP. I wonder if they save some of the rooms for people who book online.

Susan L
07-25-2005, 03:04 PM
Just a side note on Oct. We were there last Oct just before Halloween. We also thought that this month would have less crowds but, we were wrong, it was quite busy and it wasn't even the 50th.

Wendi
07-25-2005, 03:06 PM
Oh no... I'm a little bit scared. I am not going until the end of October though, I really enjoy how peaceful it is during that time of year.

So, I just called and made at least a tentative reservation for PP for October 29-31 so I can do the Spooktacular Treat or whatever the name is... then we'll schlep on over to Hojos for the following week.

I hope they end up with some good AP Nights rates those nights, otherwise I'll maybe just add on to my Hojo's reservation.

phoenixfire2k5
07-25-2005, 03:08 PM
Doubt it'll be peacefull this year, with the 50th going on and the Mickeys Halloween Treat going on.

MammaSilva
07-25-2005, 03:09 PM
Just FYI first weekend of October is traditionally the Gay Days weekend, second weekend is Columbus day weekend, traditionally a 3 day weekend for a lot of companies/schools, then the 3rd weekend is not in stone, but tenatively MA weekend with most likely probably but not set in stone an event on Saturday night...then the next two weekends will have the Not so scary Halloween events.... October gona be a busy busy month!

DisneyDustin22
07-25-2005, 03:10 PM
People, people, people, its not going to reach capacity. :) If worse comes to worse we can all go to the Neverland Ranch for the weekend, I hear kids get in free that weekend? ;) (dodges tomoatoes being thrown my way)

wwithers
07-25-2005, 04:39 PM
I just got AAA (which are the same as AP) rates at DLH for MA. They told me GCH was sold out but that there were rooms at PPH.

Chadsgal
07-25-2005, 04:42 PM
OCTOBER BUSY???? :eek: Crud that is when DH and I were planing on going the 14-17th we were looking forward to the small crowds cause we normally go in June.

minniemom
07-25-2005, 04:48 PM
I am worried too! When I booked for the last week in sept, there was also limited availabilty. When I asked why the CM told me it was all because the 50th and everyone wanted in on the action!

The Mouse Is Back
07-25-2005, 05:25 PM
Gads. I HATE when people start threads like this.

Basing Park attendance on how booked the three on-property hotels are is ridiculous.

Even when there are conventions in town and ALL the hotels are booked, it is not an accurate predictor of how crowded the Parks will be.

Jeez. Get a grip already. :|

-Allegra-

SCUBAbe
07-25-2005, 05:31 PM

Basing Park attendance on how booked the three on-property hotels are is ridiculous.

Even when there are conventions in town and ALL the hotels are booked, it is not an accurate predictor of how crowded the Parks will be.

-Allegra-

this is true..my company had a convention at the PPH hotel once, but so many people were flown in we had PPH and DLH rooms filled up. We did not go into the parks once...we were in meeting for four days from 8-5 and then we ahd to meet back fro dinner about 6:30, this was in dec. when the parkd closed early,.

gerry
07-25-2005, 05:51 PM
Crowded in Oct.? That's great! I love to people watch. The more the merrier!! Yeaaaaaaaaaay.

tlovesdis
07-25-2005, 06:09 PM
Hopefully it is just the first two weeks! We are going October 15-18 and I just checked on www.disneyland.com (http://www.disneyland.com) and all three hotels are still available for our time period.

I am hoping we picked the perfect Oct time! The first weekend is the opening of HMH and Gay Days, the second weekend is the holiday, and the last two are the halloween things going on. Looks like our weekend has nothing going on so far!

hlbtimes2
07-25-2005, 06:11 PM
Hopefully it is just the first two weeks! We are going October 15-18 and I just checked on www.disneyland.com (http://www.disneyland.com) and all three hotels are still available for our time period.

I am hoping we picked the perfect Oct time! The first weekend is the opening of HMH and Gay Days, the second weekend is the holiday, and the last two are the halloween things going on. Looks like our weekend has nothing going on so far!

I hope you are right- we are there the 13-17!

PrincessMomma
07-25-2005, 06:40 PM

-Allegra-

Sorry.

I was not intending for this to be an indicator on Park Attendance. I was trying to let anyone that is waiting for October AP Nights know that those rates may not become available in case that would affect plans. I know some people plan around those rates.

And for people looking for rooms in the on-site hotels, this wasn't to make you worry, there are still numerous places that have rooms available when I checked the other day (expedia, Disneyland.com, etc.), it's just that I was told that AT THE MOMENT there are not rooms available through the hotel reservation line so they probably won't feel the need to offer the AP Nights rate (which is usually done to help fill rooms in the off season).

scaeagles
07-25-2005, 06:54 PM
We got pretty decent rates through Expedia - better than what I was quoted by calling DLR. We are staying at the Paradise Pier October 13-17, and made the reservations about 4 weeks ago. At that time we were told GCH was sold out. Through DLR reservations, we were quoted an average of about 235/night for the PP (even with an AP). On Expedia, we got an average of 162.50.

coronado_g
07-25-2005, 07:32 PM
Just got off the phone with a very helpful operator on the Disneyland Hotel reservation line. She said that ALL 3 on-site hotels (Grand Californian, Disneyland Hotel, and Paradise Pier) are completely booked for the first 2 weeks of October, and because of this they are fairly certain that they will not be offering the AP Nights discount to Annual Passholders during that time. Sounds like October is going to be crowded!!!

Thanks for the 'heads-up' info!

The Mouse Is Back
07-25-2005, 08:36 PM
Sorry.

I was not intending for this to be an indicator on Park Attendance. I was trying to let anyone that is waiting for October AP Nights know that those rates may not become available in case that would affect plans. I know some people plan around those rates.

And for people looking for rooms in the on-site hotels, this wasn't to make you worry, there are still numerous places that have rooms available when I checked the other day (expedia, Disneyland.com, etc.), it's just that I was told that AT THE MOMENT there are not rooms available through the hotel reservation line so they probably won't feel the need to offer the AP Nights rate (which is usually done to help fill rooms in the off season).

Sorry, too. I was a bit snappish in my reply.

It's just that so may people use this site for info, and so many of them have never been to DL, and can't change their vacation dates. I would hate to read something like this if I were them!

But I didn't mean to make you feel bad. :(

-Allegra-

sambo
07-25-2005, 08:51 PM
Already have my reservations at HoJo for the first two weeks of October. Let's hope everyone is at a convention or something....

uvsc_wolverine
07-25-2005, 10:53 PM
I haven't made my reservation yet. I'm going with a group, and they haven't given me their shares of the cost yet. We're planning on staying at the Park Vue Inn, and last I checked they still had rooms available for the dates I'm planning on going. I'll be there October 19 and checking out on the 22nd.

Just a warning to anyone planning on going over those days - that is a state school holiday in Utah, and there will be a lot of people there from the beehive state. I went during the same period of time last year, and the crowds were great - as in there weren't that many people there at all!

millionairegirl
07-26-2005, 05:52 AM
A lot of conferences are there in October. Beware of restaurants being closed for private parties. We were there mid October for my birthday and Napa Rose, ESPN, and HOB were all closed for private parties on Saturday night. It made the other restaurants really crowded. We'll be going midweek this October!

It's possible these companies have 'blocks' of rooms and that these blocks will be released to the public if they aren't all booked by a certain time.