PDA

View Full Version : Taxi or Shuttle to O.C. Airport

msgmg68
07-25-2005, 02:18 PM
Hi there! My sister is going to need transportation to the John Wayne Airport from Garden Grove. Would it be cheaper for her and my niece (15 yrs) to take a taxi or shuttle? Also, if anyone has price examples, that would be great!

Thanks mousepadders! :)

phoenixfire2k5
07-25-2005, 02:25 PM
Hi there! My sister is going to need transportation to the John Wayne Airport from Garden Grove. Would it be cheaper for her and my niece (15 yrs) to take a taxi or shuttle? Also, if anyone has price examples, that would be great!

Thanks mousepadders! :)

Taxi might be kinda pricey, especially if you might get stuck in traffic. What time of the day is she leaving or when is her flight leave? And if you live close enough to the DLR, you might be able to catch an airport bus to the airport from there. Not sure what the fee is though.

DangerMouse
07-25-2005, 02:45 PM
I have only taken a taxi from the GCH to Orange County Airport. It's around $30-35 flat rate from Orange County to the DL area. I got lucky and negotiated a $27 ride.

I believe the airport shuttles will charge about $10-12 per person. Someone else may have more accurate info on them though.

Darkbeer
07-25-2005, 03:58 PM
The Taxi from Orange County/John Wayne and Long Beach offer FLAT rates at around $30 to $35 for the entire group. The taxi goes non-stop from the airport to YOUR hotel, and you don't have to be crammed in with strangers. It is usually the best option from either JWA or LGB...

The cheapest option is the Airport Bus

http://www.airportbus.com/jwa.htm

So that is $24 one way for two folks

minniemom
07-25-2005, 04:30 PM
I just booked a private shuttle with super shuttle for 5 of us for $47. If there is only two people I don't think it would be worth it. My sister in law told me they got a town car for as low as $30, but I don't know the company.

Disneynerd
07-25-2005, 05:24 PM
I just booked a private shuttle with super shuttle for 5 of us for $47. If there is only two people I don't think it would be worth it. My sister in law told me they got a town car for as low as $30, but I don't know the company.That's probably your best deal. We always took the Super Shuttle until Junior came along. It's always been $10 a person to the DL area. You sister may have to wait on the shuttle until it's full, but we've never waited more than 25 minutes. And the people on the shuttle are all fellow Disney-lovers, so she can talk Disney along the way!

msgmg68
07-26-2005, 06:00 AM
WOW! Thanks for all your information! I printed everything out and am giving it to my sister.

I believe her flight departs at 6:29pm.