PDA

View Full Version : My 50th Celebration trip - a big thank you!

HskrShelby
07-25-2005, 12:07 PM
I just wanted to say thank you to all of you on this board who post great information every day. You (unknowingly) helped me plan my trip and I had a wonderful time! The 17th was an experience that I'll never forget. The image of all the CMs standing up and down Main Street that morning will live in my memory forever. :)

Thanks so much!

Hakuna Makarla
07-25-2005, 12:12 PM
ok, we are so pleased you had a grand time, but hon, we gotto see pictures :) and a full trip report, remember some of us live thru your trips and reports are what does it. ( do not forget the pictures :) I am so happy you had a wonderful time. I am hoping to my self come spring ( I really really need it !!

HskrShelby
07-25-2005, 01:29 PM
Well, I'll see what I can do. Trouble is, I have about 1900 pictures from the trip and the majority of them are from DL (5 day parkhopper - now an AP!). haha Give me a few days to get the highlights together and I'll be glad to share. :)

While you're waiting (and since you're all a wealth of information), can anyone tell me the name of the ragtime song used in Remember? It's been driving me crazy since the 13th! lol

Thanks!

Shelby

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
07-25-2005, 03:20 PM
Glad you had a ball, and congrats on being an AP holder now.
Looking forward to seeing your pictures. When is your next trip planned?

HskrShelby
07-26-2005, 06:33 AM
Thanks! Actually, I'll be lucky if I even get to use the AP again. This was my first trip since 2001 and before that I hadn't been since the early 80's. I adore DL, but it isn't an easy trip from Omaha, NE. My family and I were there for the 25th anniversary back in 1980 so we always said that we'd return for the 50th. And we did! (Well, at least my mom and I did.) We came back to Omaha completely exhausted - so you know we did it right. haha Hopefully, I'll have some pictures for you soon.

Anyone have any help on that song from Remember? It's just before the MSEP.

Thanks again!

Shortiemetoo
07-26-2005, 07:30 AM
I was there on the 17th also and understand exactly what you mean by the cast members on main street...I spent a lot of that day with tears in my eyes as it was so meaningful and the CM were so heartfelt in their good spirits throughout the day!! The CM's really made the day extra special and magical!

HskrShelby
07-28-2005, 11:26 AM
Okay, I made a photo album with just some highlights of the gobs and gobs of pictures I took on the trip. I didn't have a chance to caption them yet, but I have a good feeling that you'll know what most of them are. ;) I hope you enjoy them. (Yikes! I just realized that Imagestation makes you register now to view albums. I hope at least some of you are able to view these.)

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2123106450

And I'm still going crazy trying to figure out the song from Remember! If anyone can put me out of my misery, I'd be very appreciative. :)

Thanks!
Shelby

Hakuna Makarla
07-28-2005, 12:41 PM
Those are awsome!! what kind of camera and also what was this place? 60 cali trip 299 is that toon town? I have never been there it looks so cool!! OMG I have to go there now! ( if that is toon town > thank you thank you thank you for the pictures, man I loved them !! we are getting rachal a new camera for christmas, I want to get her one I can use so I need a good idea what yours is, the pictures are awsome!!

HskrShelby
07-28-2005, 12:51 PM
Thanks! I'm glad you liked them. I'm pretty pleased with how they came out. Of course, when you take as many pictures as I did, it's almost guaranteed that you'll get a few good ones. :)

#60 is indeed Toontown. I took that picture while riding Gadget's Go-Coaster.

My camera is an older Sony Mavica (FD92 I believe). It isn't up to date with the newest digital camera technology, but I love love love it. It has served me well over the years and I'll never get rid of it. It's a great little camera.

Thanks again for checking out my pictures!

munchkinsmom0003
07-28-2005, 12:59 PM
Anyone have any help on that song from Remember? It's just before the MSEP.

And I'm still going crazy trying to figure out the song from Remember! If anyone can put me out of my misery, I'd be very appreciative. :)

It's called "The Maple Leaf Rag" by Scott Joplin. Here's a link if you'd like to hear the whole song:

http://music.minnesota.publicradio.org/features/9905_ragtime/index.shtml

Sometimes I get this song and "The Entertainer" by Joplin mixed up. When I was 10, I had to play both songs for a piano recital when I used to take piano lessons, but alas, I've been out of practice for a long time. :)

HskrShelby
07-28-2005, 01:02 PM
*sigh of relief* You have NO idea how thankful I am to have that question answered! Thank you so much! *whew* :)

Hakuna Makarla
07-28-2005, 01:45 PM
Thanks! I'm glad you liked them. I'm pretty pleased with how they came out. Of course, when you take as many pictures as I did, it's almost guaranteed that you'll get a few good ones. :)

#60 is indeed Toontown. I took that picture while riding Gadget's Go-Coaster.

My camera is an older Sony Mavica (FD92 I believe). It isn't up to date with the newest digital camera technology, but I love love love it. It has served me well over the years and I'll never get rid of it. It's a great little camera.

Thanks again for checking out my pictures!

I have a sony mavica to.fd73 I believe. Does yours do it on floppy to? I really want a good camera, we want tons of pictures. and your pictures I loved as I saw things in yours no others did,. I like the under the bridge pic, and toon town. I will definalty go there next time. ( never been before)

HskrShelby
07-28-2005, 06:55 PM
Yep, the FD92 worked with a floppy as well. In fact, I bought the camera about 4 1/2 years ago when I was getting ready to go to DL for the first time in almost 20 years. It has now made 3 trips out there and has taken thousands of pictures in the park. I didn't have a memorystick (or a laptop to transfer the pictures to) on that first trip and took TONS of floppies with me in order to take unlimited pictures. What a pain! It worked though. haha

If any of you are hesitant to register with Imagestation, it's a nice site. They have deals on prints almost weekly and they offer some nice photo gift options as well (calendars, mouse pads, mugs, etc.).

Hakuna Makarla
07-28-2005, 07:06 PM
So does this camera take a memory stick to? I have a mavica, but man what a hassle taking all the floppys with me.

HskrShelby
07-28-2005, 07:11 PM
Yeah, the FD92 takes either a floppy disk or a memorystick. You can even copy a picture from the memorystick to a floppy if you want to give one away on the spot. I've done that a few times.