PDA

View Full Version : Whose Been Soarin Over CA Lately at 9:30AM?

HydroGuy
07-25-2005, 08:56 AM
I hear that DCA often lets guests in early at 9:30AM and frequently Soarin' Over CA is operating. Has this been the case the last few weeks? Like every day or most days? Thanks.

TikiGeek
07-25-2005, 09:25 AM
I don't know if they do that every day but they have (for some time now) been on a regular basis letting people ride Soar'in starting a 9:30. :)

pisces
07-25-2005, 09:31 AM
Guests of GC, only. However, I think they'll let guests of the other two resort hotels in, also.

Hey, I guess there are some special perks for staying on-property.

There is a special tour of the Condor Flats area of DCA, that begins at about 9:20 am (At least it did last December) at the GC entrance into DCA. That entrance, at the beginning of the day, is only for hotel guests.

The special tour (For property Hotel guests only) lasts about 15 minutes. Then at 9:35, tour members are invited into a special, private, first ride of the day, on Soarin, where everyone is assured the best seats.

The special Soarin ride ends at 9:45, and Soarin, is then open for regular riders.

So, I believe, the Condor Flats section opens 15 minutes early, with Soarin available.

What I'm not sure about is this: Does the main gate open early, also?

I know the special GC entrance into DCA DEFINITELY opens 15 minutes early along with Condor Flats.

But, again, that entrance is only for Hotel Guests, as a first entrance into DCA.

Ok, now I've confused myself, along with everyone else. :rolleyes: Some please clarify what I've said.

Anyway, it seemed like this was how it was back in December.

HydroGuy
07-25-2005, 09:53 AM
OK, I wasn't an English Major :geek: , and it was in the morning, but the thread title should have read "Who's Been Soarin...", not "Whose Been Soarin...". :confused:

So, how many noticed?

DisneyDustin22
07-25-2005, 09:59 AM
I have partaken in an early ride of Soarin before and was not staying on property. Just walked in with everyone else and we all came in through the main gate. No special tour or anything. It was nice. We had our own row on the ride. Of course, this was in off peak season, which is always nice. ;)

coronado_g
07-25-2005, 10:09 AM
OK, I wasn't an English Major :geek: , and it was in the morning, but the thread title should have read "Who's Been Soarin...", not "Whose Been Soarin...". :confused:

So, how many noticed?

Good catch, HydroGuy!
I didn't even notice.

pisces
07-25-2005, 10:22 AM
Ok, so the Maingate opens early, according to above, but only for Condor Flats, and Soarin, it seems.

But, as I was saying, the special DCA entrance opens even earlier than that, for a private tour and private Soarin ride.

Clarify clarify clarify...

DangerMouse
07-25-2005, 12:26 PM
Ok, so the Maingate opens early, according to above, but only for Condor Flats, and Soarin, it seems.

But, as I was saying, the special DCA entrance opens even earlier than that, for a private tour and private Soarin ride.

Clarify clarify clarify...

Pisces, I will concur with you! I took this "special tour" in June with my daughter. We were staying at the GCH, and they let us into DCA at 9:15 am before any other guests were allowed in. We entered through the GCH entrance to DCA and we were the very first guests to ride Soarin. There were 8 of us. It was a neat experience to be in the park with no other guests around!

All you have to do is mention the special tour to the CM standing at the GCH entrance. He will radio a tour guide CM who will come and pick you up. It's a special perk for resort guests. :D

biolabetty
07-25-2005, 12:36 PM
We did the special GCH tour and ride too, but when I asked people working at the desk, they told me there was no such tour. We just happened to be in that area when people were gathering for the tour. The people working at the gate know whether or not it will happen. Once we tried to do the tour on a rainy (kind of) day, and were told by the gate CMs that they wouldn't do the tour because of the weather. It seems that not everyone working at the GCH know about this special little "perk".

MrsG
07-25-2005, 04:47 PM

So, how many noticed?
Yes, thank you. One of my pet peeves, along with those who use "your" when they mean "you're". Sorry. Jumping off my teacher soapbox now.

kohl
07-25-2005, 07:04 PM
We did the special GCH tour and ride too, but when I asked people working at the desk, they told me there was no such tour. We just happened to be in that area when people were gathering for the tour. The people working at the gate know whether or not it will happen. Once we tried to do the tour on a rainy (kind of) day, and were told by the gate CMs that they wouldn't do the tour because of the weather. It seems that not everyone working at the GCH know about this special little "perk".

I also asked about the tour one time and they told me it was only for guests staying there for the first time. I thought that was kinda wierd.

DCACM
07-25-2005, 07:29 PM
DCA opens at 10am, though the park gates -and- Condor Flats open at 9:30am. Soarin' Over California also opens at 9:30am. This has been so for at least 2 years.

The first flight of the day is at approx. 9:15am and only for GCH guests on a special tour.

Vegitabeta
07-26-2005, 02:43 AM
Remind me, what time does the park open? Is it 9:30, I'm confused :confused:

EvanRude
07-26-2005, 12:36 PM
In case I can't get answers form the CM at the front desk. Where does the tour meet/start and what time do they head into the park.
Also I asked long ago about the GCA private entrance. It was mentioned that it was by the pool and entered the park by MMadness but was chained shut.
So is there an open private entrance for GCA guests?

biolabetty
07-26-2005, 01:16 PM
The entrance is between Napa Rose and the health club area. I would get there around 9:00 or so, right at the turnstiles, and the CMs there should probably know. We entered the park about 9:15.

HydroGuy
07-26-2005, 01:17 PM
Remind me, what time does the park open? Is it 9:30, I'm confused :confused:No, DCA officially opens at 10AM during summer hours. But, they usually/always let guests in at 9:30AM to a limited part of the park, and apparently usually/always open Soarin Over CA at 9:30. I was checking how frequently they have been doing this lately in antipication for our DCA day on Aug 2, and apparently it is usually/always ;) .

Shortiemetoo
07-26-2005, 01:21 PM
In Jan we rode Soarin twice before we went to wait for rope drop to go to ToT...it was awesome!

DangerMouse
07-26-2005, 02:05 PM
In case I can't get answers form the CM at the front desk. Where does the tour meet/start and what time do they head into the park.
Also I asked long ago about the GCA private entrance. It was mentioned that it was by the pool and entered the park by MMadness but was chained shut.
So is there an open private entrance for GCA guests?

You won't get answers from a front desk person at the GCH, so don't even ask. Go to the DCA private entrance from the GCH which is easy to find if you follow the arrows in the GCH. It is directly across from Grizzley River Rapids, not MMadness. Get there around 9 am. Ask the CM who is attending the gate about the private tour, and they should be able to radio for the tour guide. At least, that's how it worked for us in June. Good luck!

EvanRude
07-26-2005, 03:50 PM
Many thanks,
I'm going to need to bump up the breakfast reservations for this.