PDA

View Full Version : Halloween parties and Electrical Parade

jrad32
07-25-2005, 07:27 AM
In the DL update it says that on the 28th and 29th there will be Halloween parties from 7:30 - 10:30 p.m. in DCA and that this will be an additional $20 cost. My question is what does this mean for the electrical parade? Anyone know if it will be canceled those nights?

Alex S.
07-25-2005, 08:08 AM
Depends on what time the park closes.

Sunset on October 28 and 29 is around 6:30 p.m.

Last October, DCA was open until 9 p.m. on October weekends. Obviously that won't be the case on these weekends. If the park closes at 6 p.m. (allowing 90 minutes to prepare and reopen for the event then DEP can't run because it won't be dark yet (though I suppose it might run during the event). If it closes at 7 p.m. (only 30 minutes before they reopen for the event) then they will be able to run it if they want.

jrad32
07-25-2005, 08:41 AM
Thanks ALex. I'm hoping they run it as my wife wanted to see it. If it is not running I guess we'll just stick to Fantasmic and the fireworks.

Wendi
07-25-2005, 08:55 AM
Someone made mention of a Halloween version of the Electrical Parade in the Halloween event... I'm hoping they do this. Sounds fun!

Drince88
07-25-2005, 04:06 PM
Wendi, you may be recalling my hopeful speculation on what the party would entail. One thing said it would be like Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party (MNSSHP) at WDW - and THAT version has a special version of SpectroMagic as well as the fireworks show as part of the party. From what I read on the MousePlanet update, it didn't sound like they've released that level of detail of what will be offered.

Disney Show Member
07-26-2005, 12:43 AM
the electrical parade will be long gone before Halloween. It goes down September 5th and comes back late may. The 26th of May I believe

Drince88
07-26-2005, 03:53 AM
the electrical parade will be long gone before Halloween. It goes down September 5th and comes back late may. The 26th of May I believe
WOW! I hadn't heard that (and I just checked the DL update on MousePlanet, and it doesn't mention it in the refurb schedule).

So I guess that means no parade for the Halloween party?

Wendi
07-26-2005, 06:50 AM
I hadn't heard about the refurb either... where did you get this information? That's a long downtime. I'm a little disappointed because last year I saw it again for the first time in a very long time (it was Halloween night) I was looking forward to seeing it again on this trip.

fredc
07-26-2005, 10:58 AM
For $15 or $20, I can not see how they can put on a parade. A few trick or treat things is about all they can do besides some decorations.

coronado_g
07-26-2005, 11:16 AM

Interesting info!

Disney Show Member
07-27-2005, 07:54 PM
i work on the electrical parade. CAnt say exactly wut it is that i do, but i know that the last show is september 5th and it will b back late may

Baloo
07-27-2005, 08:00 PM
I wonder how the entension of daylight saving times will affect operating hours. according to what i have been hearing all over th news daylight saving times will be extended by two months. So this year it will not change till November and then again early March

tylermom
07-27-2005, 10:23 PM
That's so sad! It's just not a Disney trip without the light parade. I was looking forward to sharing it with my 4 year old son. :crying: oh well. I guess it's just another reason for another trip!

The old man
07-28-2005, 11:41 AM
I wonder how the entension of daylight saving times will affect operating hours. according to what i have been hearing all over th news daylight saving times will be extended by two months. So this year it will not change till November and then again early March
This is not by far a done deal.
David

hlbtimes2
07-28-2005, 12:50 PM
:mad:

Noooooooo! Say it isnt true, please. We were looking forward to being able to see if from our room at PP in Oct.

Wendi
07-28-2005, 12:55 PM
Is this because of Christmas Parade preparations???