PDA

View Full Version : new and improved space mountain, break down stories

leotatoombs
07-25-2005, 01:34 AM
was so jazzed breakin' down at the ending sequence with new and improved visual effects at the end, saw it three times in a row untils house lights came on, and were pushed to unload. this was th 13 of july b-4 oficially open day. wow talk about disorienting!!! this is also the first time i've broken down on S.M. ever. :)

Doug
07-25-2005, 05:17 AM
Lukcy!

was so jazzed breakin' down at the ending sequence with new and improved visual effects at the end, saw it three times in a row untils house lights came on, and were pushed to unload. this was th 13 of july b-4 oficially open day. wow talk about disorienting!!! this is also the first time i've broken down on S.M. ever. :)

IndySpacePirate
07-25-2005, 04:18 PM
It actually broke down on the 50th while my friend and I were waiting in line. We were in the queue area right before the loading area (on the platform overlooking the track right above the cars that are not being used at the moment). The lights came on inside the ride (as we could see into the exit turn) and finally some repairmen got into one of the cars and successfully rode the ride once through. Everyone cheered and the 50th edition of Space Mountain continued... I found it amusing as we go to DL all the time and so we could just go on it again some other day (and we had already been on it twice that day).

smartypants723
07-25-2005, 08:18 PM
Yeah, SM broked down when I was there.

I went on Space Mountain around 10:20 P.M. for our final ride of the park. Once we were a couple of people away from riding it, it was temporarily closed. After a rocket came back, a woman placed her hand on her forehand, leading castmembers to thinking that she was unconscious. We didn't figured out what exactly happened, but she and her husband in the rocket were taken aside while the daughter was waiting in the exit lobby. The ppl in line were not told to leave yet, so there were possibilities of riding Space instead of closing it down for that night. The ppl that were already riding SM were at a halt. Lights were turned on, so we can imagine that the ppl riding the rides were able to see the structure, the tracks, and the effects when they were off and the lights turned on. We spotted them giving the thumbs down, and having disappointed looks. However, the castmembers assured them that they are given a second chance to ride, letting them stay on the rockets as they went to figure out the situation. After a couple of resets and arrangements, the ride was back on after about 30 minutes. We still didn't know what happened, but the child of the parents and group that was with that woman were relaxed and happy. Everybody that was on the rocket with lights turned on during the ride were happy and satisfied afterwards. :)

~Helen

experiment626
07-25-2005, 09:03 PM
At 11pm(ish) on the 18th, it broke down (our rockets ran out of fuel - LOL). After all the rockets were stoped they turned the lights on and eventually push started us. We were at breakstop 13. Once all the rockets were back at the load plateform, they let us go on again, much to the dismay of those waiting to go on.

leotatoombs
07-25-2005, 10:57 PM
At 11pm(ish) on the 18th, it broke down (our rockets ran out of fuel - LOL). After all the rockets were stoped they turned the lights on and eventually push started us. We were at breakstop 13. Once all the rockets were back at the load plateform, they let us go on again, much to the dismay of those waiting to go on.
[SIZE=3]I'm Green With Envy!!! I Hope I get A Chance TO 101 Earlier In The Ride Soon!!! by the way how'd ya know it was the thirteenth breakstop & brake stop For Emergency Evacuation or A part where it breaks a little during the course of the ride? :cool:

experiment626
07-26-2005, 07:31 AM
[SIZE=3]I'm Green With Envy!!! I Hope I get A Chance TO 101 Earlier In The Ride Soon!!! by the way how'd ya know it was the thirteenth breakstop & brake stop For Emergency Evacuation or A part where it breaks a little during the course of the ride? :cool:
Because the control panel said stop 13 or something on it (I have pictures, I will try to post a link to them later). Pretty sure it was the Emergency breakstop. When they push started us, they had to do something with the control panel first, then gave us a push and off we went.

Nowhereman
07-26-2005, 04:06 PM
13 is the brake thathas a drop right after....

leotatoombs
07-26-2005, 04:41 PM
13 is the brake thathas a drop right after....
:) Thanx! cool tid bit to know! I think I'd like to break down at break stop 14! :)

experiment626
07-26-2005, 07:54 PM
Here are photos that I took inside Space Montain. http://users.adelphia.net/~christamcd/Space%20Mountain.html

BQ2
07-26-2005, 08:20 PM
Here are photos that I took inside Space Montain. http://users.adelphia.net/~christamcd/Space%20Mountain.html

Good Job 626. Nice spy photos ;)

Nowhereman
07-27-2005, 02:20 AM
:) Thanx! cool tid bit to know! I think I'd like to break down at break stop 14! :)

thats the re-entry tunnel :)

sdfilmcritic
07-27-2005, 02:30 AM
I was standing in line for the ride when I visited the park on July 25th when it "was halted due to meteor showers" for about five or six minutes. Luckily I was in the shady area right before entering the building during that time instead of having to stand out in the sunshine area.

leotatoombs
07-28-2005, 12:18 AM
thats the re-entry tunnel :) lol, But it Would Be fun if it happened to me again!!!
:D