PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks show sweetspot?

Kelly Ann
07-24-2005, 11:27 PM
Is there one, or it is just the usual in front of the castle / down Main Street / Main Street train station? I'll be there with some little kids (5/7/9) and several adults.

PirateSmile
07-24-2005, 11:43 PM
In front of the castle would be best. I mean, RIGHT in front of the castle. my mom and I sat for a few hours torwards the Walt and Mickey statue and had trouble seeing because people worked themeselves up in front of us :rolleyes:. Another good spot is in Fantasyland by the carousel. I've got some killer shots of Tinkerbell flying around the moon there. You get a really good view of her, but the music isn't as loud. Another thing you might do is wait after the first Fantasmic show. That's an awesome spot too.

stitchlvr
07-25-2005, 08:12 AM
I've only seen it twice, but I can tell you seating makes a difference. The first night we (DD, 8 & I) stayed seated for Fantasmic and watched the show from there. It was great, but I could tell we were missing a lot. Because of the info I had gotten here, I wanted to try to get a seat in front of the Castle the next night. We sat on the top part of the Hub (Street right in front of the Castle). It was just fantastic and so much better. We missed so much from the other view. The only thing is how your kids can handle loud noise (it's pretty loud) and it feels like you are in the middle of the fireworks. If they can handle that and also a fairly long wait to get a seat, you are in business. If not, I have heard that Main Street might be a better choice (you still get most of the effects, but it's not so loud).

Andrew
07-25-2005, 09:49 AM
MousePlanet's Remember viewing guide (http://www.mouseplanet.com/more/mm050511as.htm) should be able to answer your questions.

coronado_g
07-25-2005, 10:26 AM
Here's a tip where NOT to go...
There's a little area by the Astro Orbiter (on the side where the bathroom is) and they rope it off for people to watch the fireworks. It appears to be convenient for those folks with kids and strollers but it's not. The Astro-Orbiters continue to fly around, totally obscurring the fireworks!

Kelly Ann
07-25-2005, 10:31 AM
Oh, thanks, Andrew - I somehow missed that! It's very helpful.

phoenixfire2k5
07-25-2005, 01:24 PM
The sweet spot is right in the plaza hub alongside the parade route. Choose a bench that is facing directly down the parade route towards the matterhorn. If you sit directly in front of the castle, you might have an obstructed view of the Matterhorn. This sweet spot, on the benches, is a good spot for both the fireworks and the parade. You'll have an unobstructed views of the images casted on both the castle and the matterhorn. And you'll be able to see the pyros going off all around you. Just grab this spot before the second parade starts and sit tight afterwards. The downside, you have to camp out early for this spot.

leotatoombs
07-25-2005, 03:24 PM
it works for me at least! have seen show from castle,hub, end of main street etc. as listed elsewhere along here. but this is a strange and fun way to see them If you're running late. I discovered you have great views through crowd moving up main street, and around and around partners statue,somewhere between tomorrowland & frontierland back & forth till the end of the show. employees have been letting guests go under ropes to turn around so they can cotinue to view the fireworks (and it keeps the crowd moving) until the end, also easier to get to destination after from there. wonderful experience! especially since i thought my night was ruined getting there to late, the crowd etc. because the fireworks are now what it's all about with me!!! :D any others experience this and was it good or bad 4 you?

DisneyDustin22
07-25-2005, 04:05 PM
While anywhere is good to view them. I've even seen them from out in the esplandaeadaedaae or however we spell it. :D But by far I feel the best way to fully experience the entire show is to be somewhere from the end of main street all the way to the front of the castle. only because then everything is happening around you and you feel as though you are right in the middle of all the action, rather than viewing it from a distance. just my opinion though.