PDA

View Full Version : My Trip to Disneyland - July 23rd

smartypants723
07-24-2005, 03:44 PM
Hey everybody~! Yesterday was my 20th birthday and I thought it would be awesome to visit Disneyland in celebration of my birthday. We stayed there from morning to night (omigosh, imagine the pain of my feet!).This review may be a bit long and there might be a few unhappy moments in my experience, so brace yourself.

My older sister and two of my closest friends were with me to experience this. We woke up around 5 AM, and we arrived there around 7:40 A.M., hoping to catch the opening ceremony when DL opens, which we never saw before and hoped to see this at least once. However, we didn't make it in time, because there was a driver in front of us that was talking on the cell phone and was driving incredibly slow in the Mickey and Friends Parking Structure. Arriving at the entrance of DL, we hoped to catch it, but we were a bit late for it. :( However, I was surprised to see so many people arriving around 8 AM. Major props to people who can wake up early to pull that off. :)

Once we've entered the park, I was excited. Wow, how Disneyland can give you such happiness once you've entered the park. :D We've first went to city hall, so I can get my birthday sticker. A nice castmember gave me one and let me use the birthday phone. Nice to hear Goofy wishing you a happy birthday. :) Afterwards, we first headed to the Penny Arcade to collect some 50th pennies. Along with that, my sis bought me a 50th pin as a gift. Nice~! A castmember behind the cash register wished me a happy birthday. I love the friendly courtesy from the castmembers. Then, we headed to the front to take some pictures of the castle. It's the first time that I've seen the castle so nice for the 50th birthday. :D Afterwards, we got our fastpasses for Space Mountain, then headed to Buzz Lightyear ride. It was so much fun~! The lines weren't very long, since it was still the first hour that it was open. Afterwards, we headed towards Space Mountain. Already, there was a long stany-by line for Space. Omigosh, Space Mountain was awesome. I love the special effects from the beginning to the end. :p Then, went back to Buzz lightyear for another ride, but already, it was temporary shut down, due to technical difficulties.

Then, we headed towards Matterhorn. The line was long, but was very quick. Afterwards, we took pictures of us on the golden vehicles in Fantasyland, which was fun. Then, headed to Adventureland to get fastpasses for Indiana Jones ride. This one broke down due to difficulties as well, but was up and running in a couple of minutes. Rode Indiana Jones, then rode Thunder Mountain. Then, one problem came up. I've had a really bad stomach ache, which was beyond my control. Thus, I've had to sit out in Frontierland and rest for a couple of hours. As I was trying to bear with the aches, it was pleasant to watch the atmosphere of the park, I hear the band from the French Market, playing to relaxing tunes and also, their version of 'It's a Small World,' which was nice. I was able to give myself time to look around and really pay attention to the beauty of the landscape in Disneyland. So beautiful. :) It makes me feel like I was somewhere else. Afterwards, I've decided to go on Haunted Mansion to help forget my pains. Surprisingly, it helped. :) Then, went on Splash and my pain was gone. Talk about Disneyland being my medicine, haha. :D Walked around New Orleans Square, and I was being greated with Happy Birthday's from castmembers. One castmember gave me the phone to hear the birthday greeting from Goofy again. So nice. :)

Then, headed towards Tomorrowland to get fastpasses for Space Mountain again. It was around 2:30 P.M. and there are already fastpasses for Space at time between 10:20 to 11:20 P.M. Then, headed to Toontown to relax. We walked a lot and we woke up pretty early, so we've rested. It was hot, but there was also a nice breaze and there were times when the clouds blocked the sun. Then, went on Roger Rabbit ride, which was fun. Afterwards, headed to Main Street to shop. As we were shopping, I've noticed that the Parade of Dreams was occurring, so we went out to watch. Great parade~! I wouldn't say it was my favorite, but still good overall. I got my golden ears, along with my name embroidered on it. :p

Around 7, we headed to the food carts get turkey legs and drinks, then camped out in Frontierland for Fantasmic. Although I've seen this show many times, I still love it. :) My friends have never seen it before and they loved it. :) Then, we waited a bit for fireworks. After a few minutes, we still didn't see any fireworks. No announcements, but heard earlier before Fantasmic that there were fireworks right after. We left Frontierland anyways, rode Thunder Mountain, then headed to Tomorrowland. I saw a couple of rides from Fantasyland and Tomorrowland (the Monorail) being closed due to fireworks, according to the signs. But no fireworks. Found out that it was due to the weather. Headed to Buzz Lightyear, but it was closed! Then, walked around Tomorrowland.

Then, went on Space Mountain around 10:20 P.M. for our final ride of the park. Once we were a couple of people away from riding it, it was temporarily closed. After the rocket came back, a woman placed her hand on her forehand, leading castmembers to thinking that she was unconscious. We didn't figured out what exactly happened, but she and her husband in the rocket were taken aside while the daughter was waiting in the exit lobby. The ppl in line were not told to leave yet, so there were possibilities of riding Space. The ppl that were already riding were at a halt. Lights were turned on, so we can imagine that the ppl riding the rides were able to see the structure, the tracks, and the effects when they were off and the lights turned on. We spotted them giving the thumbs down, and having disappointed looks. However, the castmembers assured them that they are given a second chance to ride, letting them stay on the rockets as they went to figure out the situation. After a couple of resets and arrangements, the ride was back on after about 30 minutes. We still didn't know what happened, but the child of the parents and group that was with that woman were relaxed and happy. Everybody that was on the rocket with lights turned on during the ride were happy and satisfied afterwards. :)

After the ride, we left, but we found out that we lost a few things. First, our digital camera. :( Lots of pictures taken from yesterday were lost. Another was my sis's old DL penny collection. :( Reported to lost and found, which didn't have it. We're keeping our hopes up that it will turn up. :crying: Sucks to find out that lost some important things right when we're leaving DL. :( Bad way to end it.

Then, another trouble came. There were two stop locations to load on to the tram to the Mickey and Friends parking structure. However, many trams were heading towards one stop more than the other, leaving to overcrowding on the other stop and grumpy people, waiting for the tram. It took about 20 minutes to finally get a chance to get on the tram, but it was crazy. I saw people rushing and pushing to get on the tram. I saw people already crossing the yellow line as the tram approaches trying to get first dibs on the seats to the tram. It seemed to get dangerous and scary to people's safety.

Overall, it was a crazy trip to Disneyland. My camera was lost and so was the penny collection. There were many troubles and downers that day, but it was overall a fun day as well. :crying: Without these troubles, it would have been the best Disneyland trip ever out of all my trips, but it was still good enough to at least put a smile on my face and release my stress for just a moment. :)

~Helen

Kelly Ann
07-24-2005, 04:07 PM
Good trip report. We're going on Thursday and appreciate hearing about your day!

Wendi
07-24-2005, 04:19 PM
Happy Birthday and I'm glad your trip was a good one for the most part... at least it put a smile on your face and released your stress! I hope you get your camera and your sis gets her penny collection back... how sad!

Shortiemetoo
07-24-2005, 04:45 PM
Happy Birthday...I loved having my birthday in disneyland last week...I hope you get your belongings back! I am glad you had a good time despite that though and glad your tummy ache went away!!

phoenixfire2k5
07-24-2005, 04:47 PM
Oh yes, of course. Happy Birthday.

smartypants723
07-24-2005, 05:24 PM
Thanks for the birthday wishes. :D You guys are great. :)

~Helen

phoenixfire2k5
07-24-2005, 05:28 PM
Thanks for the birthday wishes. :D You guys are great. :)

~Helen

You're welcome.