PDA

View Full Version : How crowded?

mickeylove
07-24-2005, 06:10 AM
We are leaving in 2 weeks yeah. I was just wondering how crowded the park seems currently. ANy help is greatly appreciated.

Vegitabeta
07-24-2005, 08:09 AM
Ditto

mckygirl99
07-24-2005, 12:04 PM
We are leaving in 2 weeks yeah. I was just wondering how crowded the park seems currently. ANy help is greatly appreciated.

Since it will still be the summer season here expect large crowds. It really does not die down until after Labor Day. If you are coming here, you should plan on arriving when the park opens. It is the best time to ride Space Mountain and Splash Mountain and you can obtain fast passes for later on that day if you wish to ride them again. Usually the corwds are bearable until about 12:00pm and tend to taper off after the fireworks. You'll still have fun though! :)

Vegitabeta
07-24-2005, 01:37 PM
When is Labour Day?

Colin
07-24-2005, 01:47 PM
Ditto

How jealous of you am I already Vegita. I wanna go back :crying:... Room in your suitcase at all? :P

C°o°lin

tod
07-24-2005, 01:59 PM
When is Labour Day?

First Monday in September.

--t

Doug
07-24-2005, 04:12 PM
Ahh... I can't wait until the crowds die down.... it's nice when it's totally slow! Well, I have ride max now, so that should help, but why in the world do people go this time of year? It's so hot and crowded.... I realize some have kids and all, but if you are not limited by your kids time off, why not come early june, may, sep, oct, whatever... ?

Lanmon
07-24-2005, 05:39 PM

I would get a hopper pass. Go to Disneyand early in the morning then when the crowds make it too unbearable go to CA Adventure. It hasn't been that crowded there at CA Adventure. Then go back to Disneyland around 7 PM to enjoy the rest of the park. People do tend to leave after the fireworks so you can really make up some lost time cos the park closes at midnight. If you are in line at midnight for a ride you will still be able to ride the ride.

cosmicjive
07-24-2005, 06:33 PM
I was at Disneyland today (Sunday), and it was better than I expected. Crowded, yes, but not overwhelmingly so. The trick of course is to arrive early and plan well. We hit the gate at about 8:30. First stop was Space Mountain fastpass (the standby line was already at 60 minutes). Went from there straight to Indy Jones, which we waited 10 minutes for. Next was Splash, followed by Big Thunder. Short lines on all of the above. After that we took our time and hit stuff as we felt like it. Most of the lines were between 15 minutes and 45 minutes most of the day. When we left at 6 p.m., we had done just about everything we wanted to do.

If we had gotten there any later (say, 10:00 AM) we would have hit hour long waits on the E-ticket rides. But by hitting them first thing in the morning, we could spend the rest of the day just spotting short lines and hopping on the rides.

I expect it to be a little more crowded when you get there in two weeks.

-Jeff "etumor"

PirateSmile
07-24-2005, 09:54 PM
We just got back from a two week vacation today. Usually we get one or two days where the crowds are slow, but this year we never got one. It was super crowded every day we were there, maybe it will slow in August. But brace yourself for big crowds just in case :)

Vegitabeta
07-25-2005, 02:12 AM
How jealous of you am I already Vegita. I wanna go back :crying:... Room in your suitcase at all? :P

C°o°lin

Hehe...my boyfriend and my friend have already asked me (even though my boyfriend has no interest in Disney whatsoever :eek: )

stitchlvr
07-25-2005, 08:00 AM
Ahh... I can't wait until the crowds die down.... it's nice when it's totally slow! Well, I have ride max now, so that should help, but why in the world do people go this time of year? It's so hot and crowded.... I realize some have kids and all, but if you are not limited by your kids time off, why not come early june, may, sep, oct, whatever... ?

I hate going this time of year and usually do not, but sometimes it's the only way I can get there. I work in the school system so I can only take off when everyone else is off. I'd rather go in the Fall/Winter/Spring, but sometimes I just need to be there (like my trip three weeks ago). It actually was not as bad as I'd thought it would be.