PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Resort Hotels Question

kohl
07-23-2005, 06:49 PM
My husband and I were wondering if anyone has ever just shown up to one of the hotels and asked if they had any rooms available. If they did, did they give you the room at a lower rate?

The Mouse Is Back
07-23-2005, 06:58 PM
I've never done this, but I doubt walk-ins to a (supposedly) luxury type establishment get any rate quoted other than the current rack rate.

-Allegra-

Hakuna Makarla
07-23-2005, 07:09 PM
Well I am hoping to find a room there ( disnleyland hotel) when KArla and I go next spring. I have looked on expedia but they say the rooms are all taken already, is this true?

The Mouse Is Back
07-23-2005, 08:31 PM
Those travel websites like expedia, travelocity etc. only get a certain number of rooms sold to them by the hotels. If they don't have rooms on there, it doesn't mean the hotel is sold out, just that their block of rooms is gone. :)

-Allegra-

CoasterChickie
07-23-2005, 08:35 PM
I would definitely call first rather than just showing up and ask if they'll match the Expedia rate which is usually the cheapest especially on Sundays and Mondays!

Shortiemetoo
07-23-2005, 08:45 PM
I would definitely call first rather than just showing up and ask if they'll match the Expedia rate which is usually the cheapest especially on Sundays and Mondays!

From what I have seen it seems as if it is cheaper than the AP rate. Have you found that to be true Coaster?

Hakuna Makarla
07-23-2005, 08:47 PM
well shortie, If I can make it in March we are going in style!! we will share a room with chickie and Rachal and tifany, we can can bask in the pool and look like we are rich, ( I will keep my holy cloths to home, and bring me some bonifide good cloths :) Do you trhink we will pass for rich folk :)

Shortiemetoo
07-23-2005, 09:04 PM
well shortie, If I can make it in March we are going in style!! we will share a room with chickie and Rachal and tifany, we can can bask in the pool and look like we are rich, ( I will keep my holy cloths to home, and bring me some bonifide good cloths :) Do you trhink we will pass for rich folk :)

ROFL I can never pass as a rich folk but I am there with you Karla and it will be a lot of fun...no trip for Rachel at that time as they will be going in April... it looks as if I may be able to go two months in a row!! Woo hoo!! Wonder what the AP rates will be in march?!

Marox3
07-24-2005, 05:02 AM
Years ago (aging myself) when there was only the DL hotel, my DH and I went for a quick trip during the week. At 11:00 pm we went over just to see if anything was available. There was - a garden room suite. They gave us personal items, since we didn't have any, and we bought an extra set of clothes. We paid only $89 for the room. It was real fun....

I'd say check it out . . you never know who doesn't show up and the hotels do want occupancy.. I would do it again in a heartbeat if I didn't leave so far away. :cool:

Disneyfun
07-24-2005, 09:33 AM
Well Not to make anyone mad. But I invidted my uncle to the 50th celebration. I figured he would never find a room so invited him to my house. Well he hemmed and hawwed and finally decided the week before to come down. He was first quoted nearly $300. and they had no openigs for th night of the 16th. So he told me he could not come. Then he checked back again on the Tuesday before. He got the night of the 17th and the 18th at DL hotel for $125 still nothing under $300 for the 16th but now htey showed openings. ON wed. He tried again and got the 16th at $168. THe only down side was he did have to check out and check back in but he did stay in the same room.
So last minute can help sometimes

kohl
07-25-2005, 06:29 AM
Thanks for your responses. We are just thinking of taking a last minute trip IF my husband can take some time off work.

PrincessMomma
07-25-2005, 08:54 AM
My husband and I were wondering if anyone has ever just shown up to one of the hotels and asked if they had any rooms available. If they did, did they give you the room at a lower rate?

We drove (from North of Seattle) last year and ended up showing up a night earlier than we had thought we would with the kiddies, so our reservation at Disneyland Hotel didn't start until the next day. Walked into the DH and were able to get a room for the night ~ no special rate for that night, but they gave us a view room and said that we could keep if for the rest of the stay we had booked (which WAS at a discounted rate). Another time we tried to get a room a night early, and they said they were full, but found us a room at the Paradise Pier. (We are now much better at judging how long it takes us to drive there!)

When Expedia and the like run out of rooms, there can still be rooms available at the hotel. Those sites are allocated a certain number of rooms to sell. If they are out, try the Hotel reservation line: 714-956-6425.

disneyjunkie
07-25-2005, 04:30 PM
A few years back my husband and I went down for a buisness trip and since it was early afternoon decided to go south on hwy 5 a little to Disneyland and see if they had a room for the night so we could go to DT Disney. We got a 89.00 rate for the Disneyland Hotel and best of all had a suite with bar and living room and all the xtras we loved it. Now if I had 2 kids in tow I could never have gotten this lucky with all that space . Very enjoyable evening.