PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic Premium Seating or 50th Tour?

bombardon3
07-23-2005, 06:04 AM
Hi, I need the advice of the sages on this board where I have been long lurking :)

Which do you think would be a better idea:

1) Doing the last 50th Tour then watching Remember from the train station and then do the late showing of Fantasmic. I would prefer this since I feel $50+ dollar is better spent on the tour than a dessert buffet (I'd probably be doing riverside since I am planning this for mid August and balcony is probably already sold out). However, I was wondering if it would be possible to easily get from the Main Street train station to NOS following the fireworks. I know there will be lots of people trying to get out of the park. Maybe taking the train to NOS station is a possibility? Is there still a bit of the tour that takes place after the fireworks viewing?

2) Spend the evening staking out a fireworks spot in the hub and then enjoying the Fantasmic buffet. I definately want to see the fireworks show from a good location so I would want to do the later Fantasmic show. I haven't been to DL during the summer for many years now, so is the later Fantasmic show still packed? Do they still want you to get to the riverside seating area a hour early to check in? This will not be possible if I am watching the fireworks. I feel this isn't the better deal since good Fantasmic seating is easy to find even 30 minutes before the late show (I usually go near the Riverbelle/Stage Door Cafe area and sit at a table as I am unable to sit on the ground). I do want to do something special this trip and I cannot afford to take the tour and do Fantasmic.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

phoenixfire2k5
07-23-2005, 06:08 AM
Hi, I need the advice of the sages on this board where I have been long lurking :)

1) Doing the last 50th Tour then watching Remember from the train station and then do the late showing of Fantasmic. I would prefer this since I feel $50+ dollar is better spent on the tour than a dessert buffet (I'd probably be doing riverside since I am planning this for mid August and balcony is probably already sold out). However, I was wondering if it would be possible to easily get from the Main Street train station to NOS following the fireworks. I know there will be lots of people trying to get out of the park. Maybe taking the train to NOS station is a possibility? Is there still a bit of the tour that takes place after the fireworks viewing?

2) Spend the evening staking out a fireworks spot in the hub and then enjoying the Fantasmic buffet. I definately want to see the fireworks show from a good location so I would want to do the later Fantasmic show. I haven't been to DL during the summer for many years now, so is the later Fantasmic show still packed? Do they still want you to get to the riverside seating area a hour early to check in? This will not be possible if I am watching the fireworks. I feel this isn't the better deal since good Fantasmic seating is easy to find even 30 minutes before the late show (I usually go near the Riverbelle/Stage Door Cafe area and sit at a table as I am unable to sit on the ground). I do want to do something special this trip and I cannot afford to take the tour and do Fantasmic.

How bad do you really want to see Fantasmic? Because the remember fireworks are way better. See the tour, and just forgo the seating at the train station and see the fireworks from the hub. You can try to see the second Fantasmic, but it will be tough getting over there after the fireworks are over since people are now leaving this area. Afterwards, you can always go to the ice cream parlor on Main Street or Dennys outside the park for some good dessert.

MammaSilva
07-23-2005, 06:46 AM
I'd vote for take the tour, watch the fireworks from the train station...then hop on the train and head to NOS for Fantasmic. I've done the balcony and loved it and felt it was worth every cent but the fireworks are unbelieveable! And with the tour you get the advantage of being 'backdoored' onto some of the attractions, you get the gifts (pin and replicated ticket book) and a place to sit for the fireworks.

Colin
07-23-2005, 07:03 AM
I say do the tour, watch from train station then hop on the train to New Orleans Square. I did this many a time, and every single time ended up with an awesome view of fantasmic. When people try and get from the Hub to NOS there is an INSANE bottleneck stopping people getting in there, so whilst everyone else is doing this, you are sat comfortably on the train. When you get to the Riverside there is always plenty of room in front of the ropes where you can sit and enjoy the show... The worst part now is waiting... I was getting fedup of being sat on the floor by the time my trip was over LOL

C°o°lin

Shortiemetoo
07-23-2005, 07:48 AM
I'd vote for take the tour, watch the fireworks from the train station...then hop on the train and head to NOS for Fantasmic. I've done the balcony and loved it and felt it was worth every cent but the fireworks are unbelieveable! And with the tour you get the advantage of being 'backdoored' onto some of the attractions, you get the gifts (pin and replicated ticket book) and a place to sit for the fireworks.

I so agree with this suggestion...but I will tell you honestly that I was very blessed on my trip and got to see Fantasmic Balcony one night and Fantasmic Riverside the very next night! I would NEVER pay for fantasmic riverside seating again! If I tried to see the screen from one direction a tree was in the way...another direction it was the brick pillars...another it was people who were standing on the railing in front of us! Balcony or dead center in front on the ground for me!!!
The fireworks are not to be missed and the pin and ticket book are not to be missed! The fireworks were wonderful from that vantage point, and you are already at the train station!!!
Have a wonderful trip!!

phoenixfire2k5
07-23-2005, 11:24 AM
I so agree with this suggestion...but I will tell you honestly that I was very blessed on my trip and got to see Fantasmic Balcony one night and Fantasmic Riverside the very next night! I would NEVER pay for fantasmic riverside seating again! If I tried to see the screen from one direction a tree was in the way...another direction it was the brick pillars...another it was people who were standing on the railing in front of us! Balcony or dead center in front on the ground for me!!!
The fireworks are not to be missed and the pin and ticket book are not to be missed! The fireworks were wonderful from that vantage point, and you are already at the train station!!!
Have a wonderful trip!!

Not paying for either the balcony or the seating with dessert by the control tower, the best spot to view Fantasmic is on the bridge of the entrance to POTC. Stand here between the 2nd and 3rd lightposts and view the show from here. Then, once the show is over, dash down the bridge out through Adventureland, and you're out ahead of the crowd.

montana
08-21-2005, 09:40 PM

Has any one been one the 50th tour really recently. I heard some reviews where the seating for fireworks was change and not a good view. Also I would been doing the tour just for the preferred seating, would a 6 year old and 7 year boys last through the tour? Thanks for your help.

Niwel
08-21-2005, 09:44 PM
Either situaution will involve you heading through gridlock to get to Fronteirland. I headrd the balcony is really nice, but don't do riverside, I could have picked a better spot on my own. If you do the 50th tour, you do get to enjoy three attractions (but you won't know until the tour).

My vote: tour.