PDA

View Full Version : Balcony Spiels

80S ERA
02-12-2002, 12:46 PM
In New Orleans square (near the restrooms) and on Main St. USA (near the lockers), you can hear recorded conversations coming from the second story windows and balconies. It's a nice touch -- almost as if there are actual "people" that live and work inside.

Does DCA have any recordings coming from the above balconies? I haven't noticed any. They sure could use gimmicks like these -- perhaps in the Hollywood Backlot and the San Fransisco street.

disneynut
02-12-2002, 02:33 PM
The SF street seems really empty and quiet. Even something simple like adding the conversation recordings would liven it up a bit.

bluepearl
02-12-2002, 03:19 PM
It would be nice if there was a little bit of activity going on in that section between the Redwood Creek area and Pacific Wharf. You know what I'm talking about: the building they used for the LumiAria drawing area. That entire stretch seems so dead, but I have no ideas on what to do to make the place a little more exciting.

pixiepal
02-12-2002, 06:56 PM
Being from SF, I definitely think that they could have done SO much more with that area.

Even background noise would be nice, like Cable Cars "dinging", or seagulls crying, or seals barking or SOMETHING!!

80S ERA
02-13-2002, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by pixiepal
Being from SF, I definitely think that they could have done SO much more with that area.

Even background noise would be nice, like Cable Cars "dinging", or seagulls crying, or seals barking or SOMETHING!!

That is a great idea. There is a game called "Midtown Madness 2" that has all of the sounds you have mentioned.

I'll try to record them and sneak-in a boombox this weekend. Wish me luck. :cool: :D

sugarhigh
02-13-2002, 07:27 AM
if they used seagull sounds i'd be sooo scared that something would poop on my head

mousey_girl
02-13-2002, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by sugarhigh
if they used seagull sounds i'd be sooo scared that something would poop on my head

:eek: It could be a new attraction: Dodging the Seagull Guano!!!! :D

hbquikcomjamesl
02-13-2002, 08:20 AM
It could be a new attraction: Dodging the Seagull Guano!!!!

Uh, but aren't they already building a Pooh attraction?:rolleyes:

mousey_girl
02-13-2002, 11:16 AM
This would be in DCA... It would be a true FAMILY attraction, something everyone could to together... no height restrictions, even those in strollers can enjoy the show!

Nigel2
02-13-2002, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by 80S ERA

That is a great idea. There is a game called "Midtown Madness 2" that has all of the sounds you have mentioned.

I'll try to record them and sneak-in a boombox this weekend. Wish me luck. :cool: :D

Ah yes a game I suck at when I play it online.:mad:

Well in HPB the only sounds that should be heard (if any) would be of movie production since those are all supposed to be faccades.

pixiepal
02-14-2002, 03:42 PM
Maybe the seagull sounds would freak some people out....but it would make for GREAT people-watching! Just sit back, relax, and watch the unknowing crowds search the skies for the poop-patrol!!
:D
Seriously, though...anyone who has ever been to San Francisco would recognize those sounds instantly, and it would make that tiny area so much more authentic feeling (as much as it can be considering that it is roughly the size of a postage stamp!!!!)
And maybe then they would stop playing that freakin' "If You're going to San Francisco.." song!!!

80S ERA
02-15-2002, 10:31 AM
The seagull and seal barks would fit well in the Pacific Wharf, too. Although the wharf is one of my favorite areas in DCA, they sure could use some props to give it an authentic "wharf feeling." Maybe some fishing and sailboats? Or even some audio-animatronic seals?

"Urk! Urk! Urk!"