PDA

View Full Version : Guess what? Ariel's Grotto is changing...

ima_mickeyfan
07-22-2005, 07:38 PM
I just called to make reservations for Ariel's grotto for Sept. Was told that they are not taking reservations for Sept. till August first. Reason why??? They are changing it to The Princess theme!! Yeah!!! I sure hope its a good one! bummer on Captin Mickey though was looking foward to the cotton candy and beach pails for the kids. :)

ksejr1
07-22-2005, 08:32 PM
tooo bad i never got a chance to try it out. oh well :rolleyes:

Disneyfun
07-22-2005, 09:34 PM
I am not sure I totaly like this idea. I think the them was perfect before. Ariel's Grotto by the boardwalk. And I love all the decorations inside. Oh well will have to wait and see.

ChipmunkStar
07-22-2005, 09:47 PM
The change is already being discussed in another thread.

Maus
07-22-2005, 09:48 PM
Another invasion of the princesses. Wonder if Mickey will move to the Plaza Inn?

WITron
07-22-2005, 09:51 PM
My question is with this proposed move, what happens to the meet and greet for Disney Visa card holders. That is supposed to go through 9/06.

Personally I don't care if they move the princess breakfat there or not. We will be going to it no matter where it is, since DD is really into the princesses, and no we did not push it on her.

ChipmunkStar
07-22-2005, 10:04 PM
As stated in another thread:

The Princesses (Ariel [on legs], Belle, Snow White, Aurora, and Cinderella) will be moving as of August 16th. Minnie and her friends will be taking over the Plaza Inn breakfast at that point.

No word on whether the princesses will be lunch/dinner as the restaurant is now, or if they'll be breakfast-lunch-dinner... I don't think anyone really knows at this point.

potzbie
07-22-2005, 11:27 PM
, Belle, Snow White, Aurora, and Cinderella) will be moving as of August 16th ...

Well! Count me in! I am planning my order now:
"I will take Belle on toast, Ariel in a bun, and one Aurora on the side. Hold the mayo!"
:)

KarenW2
07-23-2005, 12:59 AM
Does that mean that the princesses will now have to have a "Summer" outfit, like a swimsuit, shorts and a tank top or something? I'm thinking of the Minnie & Mickey "on vacation" outfits that they wear, whenever they make an appearance at DCA. Kind of a scary thought!

Sad to think of how many changes that poor restaurant has gone thru since DCA opened in 2001. It must be a record for Disney!

sdfilmcritic
07-23-2005, 01:08 AM
You know what would be awesome? To have a Mad Tea Party theme character dining experience! That would be awesome!

kristen
07-23-2005, 02:10 AM
MAD TEA PARTY RESTAURANT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!!!!! It could go where the old skway station in fantasyland is!!! YAAAAAYYY!!!

Viva La Disney
07-23-2005, 02:58 AM
Genius SD!!! Genius!!!!!

ChipmunkStar
07-23-2005, 07:38 AM
Does that mean that the princesses will now have to have a "Summer" outfit, like a swimsuit, shorts and a tank top or something? I'm thinking of the Minnie & Mickey "on vacation" outfits that they wear, whenever they make an appearance at DCA. Kind of a scary thought!

Ha... while that would be kinda awesome for hilarity's sake, I believe the princesses will still be wearing their "regal best." While the other characters can easily be recognized in almost any outfit, the princesses can't really change too much as their friends probably won't recognize them (not like we don't have enough people calling Cinderella Snow White, Belle gets called Cinderella regularly, etc. No, seriously, they do). Even when Belle goes into her "rags" (aka blue peasant dress), guests confuse her for Cinderella a lot, or they just think she's a random guest.

I totally agree with the Mad Tea Party sentiment. There's one in Florida, but it's only for the kiddos, and I believe there's something like that as an add-on for a Disney Fairy Tale Wedding. Now to get the goods to the masses already!!!

kohl
07-23-2005, 09:00 AM
You know what would be awesome? To have a Mad Tea Party theme character dining experience! That would be awesome!

I also liked the tea with Mary Poppins. Both my son and daughter loved it!

Mrs. Newseditor44
07-23-2005, 09:25 AM
Princess theme? Why in the world would I take my two boys to a princess themed restaurant?

stitchlvr
07-23-2005, 09:46 AM
Princess theme? Why in the world would I take my two boys to a princess themed restaurant?

It's what the Plaza Inn is now and there are plenty of boys there with their families. They also have princes along with the princesses (Aladdin, Prince Charming, the Beast).

mckygirl99
07-23-2005, 10:16 AM
I just called to make reservations for Ariel's grotto for Sept. Was told that they are not taking reservations for Sept. till August first. Reason why??? They are changing it to The Princess theme!! Yeah!!! I sure hope its a good one! bummer on Captin Mickey though was looking foward to the cotton candy and beach pails for the kids. :)

I'm glad I am a pass holder so I can enjoy this with my daughter in DCA. We have been several times and she loves it! It is such a nice location! Isn't DCA open kinda late to serve breakfast? It will have to be one to two hours.

Wendi
07-23-2005, 03:11 PM

Why in the world wouldn't you??? :confused:

merlinjones
07-23-2005, 04:26 PM
Meanwhile they should but the Princes in the bar with an overpriced Happy Hour buffet... I'd go!

SeansMom
07-23-2005, 07:30 PM
My son LOVED the princess', and we have the MOSTwonderful pic of him with Cinderella...I plan to use it to embarrass him with his friends when he gets older... :D j/k, really...really!