PDA

View Full Version : Questions about a weekend getaway to DLR

SJSman
07-22-2005, 11:07 AM
Hello all,

I live in the Valley of beautiful LA. My girlfriend and I were thinking about taking a "trip" to the DLR for a night as a weekend getaway type vacation (though it would probably be during the week due to crowds/prices/etc.) We REALLY want to stay on property at the Grand Californian or DL Hotel, but are having a hard time finding a room. We could go either next week (if we can find a room) or the second week in August. Do any of you have any suggestions on finding a room or a package that would work? What are the details about the AAA package and would that be helpful in our quest? I have a deluxe AP if that helps any. Thank you so much for your help!

SJS

bassett1976
07-22-2005, 11:33 AM
Since you have an AP, call the reservations number and ask for an AP rate for the hotels. You might be able to get a discount on a room if they have any available.

My wife and I have had luck with using Expedia to find a room. If the hotels are close to being booked they you wont have any luck.

phoenixfire2k5
07-22-2005, 11:37 AM
See this thread about previous posts/reviews about the GCH. Somewhere in there, there is also a post by MP's Darkbeer about a site to get good hotel rates.

http://www.travelaxe.com/NewSite/In...on_Overview.asp

The above link is the one site Dark had mentioned.

MrsG
07-22-2005, 04:43 PM
Check out expedia.com. I got a room at the Grand Californian for $209 (the Paradises Pier was $179) on July 31st.