PDA

View Full Version : DL Resort Pool? Can you pool hop if staying on property?

ima_mickeyfan
07-22-2005, 07:54 AM
We are staying at the DLH and I was wondering if you can pool hop at the other disney pools? do you just take your room key with you? are the pools locked or coded for entry?

ima_mickeyfan
07-22-2005, 08:29 AM
We are staying at the DLH and I was wondering if you can pool hop at the other disney pools? do you just take your room key with you? are the pools locked or coded for entry?
never mind, I found the answer to my own question! lol :D

millionairegirl
07-22-2005, 08:47 AM
Well, answer it for the rest of us!

CoasterChickie
07-22-2005, 08:55 AM
I had to laugh when I read this question because Dsny1mom and I were just discussing this the other day. The keys to the DLR hotel pools only work at the pools of the hotel where you are staying. The only time people were ever allowed to pool hop was when the Paradise Pier Hotel pool was being refurbished...the guests were then allowed to use the DLH pool.

ima_mickeyfan
07-22-2005, 09:10 AM
[QUOTE=CoasterChickie]I had to laugh when I read this question because Dsny1mom and I were just discussing this the other day. The keys to the DLR hotel pools only work at the pools of the hotel where you are staying. The only time people were ever allowed to pool hop was when the Paradise Pier Hotel pool was being refurbished...the guests were then allowed to use the DLH pool.[/QUOTE
cc just answered it.... :)

splash
07-22-2005, 11:05 AM
When we stayed at the DLH I heard that you could use the PPH pool also. It was only stated that we couldn't use anything from GCH. We never left the pool at DLH however, because it was so cool!

Elly
07-22-2005, 01:14 PM
This message is posted in the FAQ section of Disney's website:

If you are a DisneylandŽ Hotel or Disney's Paradise PierŽ Hotel Guest, you may use any of the services at either Resort Hotel. You may also use the massage services and Pinocchio's Workshop (children's activities center) at Disney's Grand Californian HotelŽ for an additional fee (advanced reservations required).
Disney's Grand Californian HotelŽ services are for the exclusive use for Disney's Grand Californian HotelŽ Guests only.

Wouldn't that include use of the pool? We did use the DL hotel pool when we stayed at the PP with no problem, although we never had to try our room key since there were lots of people going in and out the gate, so we just walked in. It was my understanding that this was permitted.

Donald Duck Fan68
07-22-2005, 02:17 PM
We'll be staying at the DLH in Dec. and I'm not too worried about pool hopping; we may venture over to PPH to check out the slide.

But what about Pinoccio's workshop? It says that advance reservtions are required, but I heard elsewhere that for DLH and PPH they will only take space availability on same day requests for that service. Can anyone confirm?

dsny1mom
07-22-2005, 04:36 PM
Some how I knew this would come up again, so I did my homework. LOL

Ist of all I checked with the general mgrs of both the DLH and the GC in person, about this topic. They were both in total agreement that what ever resort you stay in is the ONLY resort you are allowed to use the pool at.

Then since I had keys to all the concierge lounges (and no I didn't use any pool other than the one at DLH where I was a registered guest) at all the resort I checked out the pools/key issue, myself. The only key that will open the gates for each pool is the key issued at the hotel the pool is at. IOW the Grand's key did NOT open the gates for the PP or the DLH pools. The same went for the PP and DLH.

The pool is NOT a service, it is an amenity. If you are using the pool at a resort you are not regestered at then you do not belong there. Each hotel has a hard enough time keeping the registered guests accomodated at the pools without interlopers from other hotels .

CC is right. The only time pool hopping was really being condoned at the DLR is when the PP pool was being redone. Yes, it was said to some that those staying at the GC could use the other resort pools, but that was not the deal. What was going on is the keys would open the gates to the other pools, for awhile. That has since been rectified.

One's best bet is to book your stay at the hotel you want to sleep at and swim at. If you want to do sleep at one and swim at another, then I suggest you split your stay between two different hotels. I'd hate to be on the reciveing end of the embaresment that would be caused when asked to leave a pool one doesn't belong at and has no right to use.

Sorry if I sound a bit harsh about this subject, but when I go to the pool at the resort I am paying to stay at it really would irk me to no end to discover guests from other hotels (DLR or Hojo's I don't really care where they are staying) are taking up lounge chairs,and there is nowhere for my family to sit or lay down.

dsny1mom

ima_mickeyfan
07-22-2005, 07:43 PM
Some how I knew this would come up again, so I did my homework. LOL

Ist of all I checked with the general mgrs of both the DLH and the GC in person, about this topic. They were both in total agreement that what ever resort you stay in is the ONLY resort you are allowed to use the pool at.

Then since I had keys to all the concierge lounges (and no I didn't use any pool other than the one at DLH where I was a registered guest) at all the resort I checked out the pools/key issue, myself. The only key that will open the gates for each pool is the key issued at the hotel the pool is at. IOW the Grand's key did NOT open the gates for the PP or the DLH pools. The same went for the PP and DLH.

The pool is NOT a service, it is an amenity. If you are using the pool at a resort you are not regestered at then you do not belong there. Each hotel has a hard enough time keeping the registered guests accomodated at the pools without interlopers from other hotels .

CC is right. The only time pool hopping was really being condoned at the DLR is when the PP pool was being redone. Yes, it was said to some that those staying at the GC could use the other resort pools, but that was not the deal. What was going on is the keys would open the gates to the other pools, for awhile. That has since been rectified.

One's best bet is to book your stay at the hotel you want to sleep at and swim at. If you want to do sleep at one and swim at another, then I suggest you split your stay between two different hotels. I'd hate to be on the reciveing end of the embaresment that would be caused when asked to leave a pool one doesn't belong at and has no right to use.

Sorry if I sound a bit harsh about this subject, but when I go to the pool at the resort I am paying to stay at it really would irk me to no end to discover guests from other hotels (DLR or Hojo's I don't really care where they are staying) are taking up lounge chairs,and there is nowhere for my family to sit or lay down.

dsny1mom
I think you said it loud and clear!!! lol
there should never be another question reguarding this issue!!! lol
hey I e-mailed you...did you get it?

SCUBAbe
07-22-2005, 08:05 PM
NOOO...not the infamous pool hopping question...must leave thread....