PDA

View Full Version : Merchandise Returns?

Jessica11
07-22-2005, 01:59 AM
I was wondering if I bought something inside of Disneyland Park could I return it at the World of Disney in Downtown Disney?

MLM62486
07-22-2005, 02:21 AM
I was wondering if I bought something inside of Disneyland Park could I return it at the World of Disney in Downtown Disney?

Yup, we take everything that you buy in the park. If you don't have the receipt they give you a merchandise card instead of your cash back. But if you need to exchange because you got the wrong size or anything like that, you can do it there instead of going back to the park. WOD, Marceline's, and the Pin Cart in DTD are all together and use the same CM's. The only thing is that you can't return or exchange stuff the you bought at the DISNEY STORE in the mall. You might know that they aren't affiliated w/ the resort anymore. A lot of people try to do that at WOD because they think we are the "Disney Store".

ksejr1
07-22-2005, 09:52 AM
of course :p

pisces
07-22-2005, 10:09 AM
Yeah, I was wondering the same thing, if my pictures don't come out, from the 4 flimsy, single-use, cameras I bought. They wanted $20....or was it $30... for those flimsy cameras.

If my pictures don't come out, they owe me a refund. Just kidding. No I'm not.

Nancy
07-22-2005, 10:54 AM
I've bought clothes at the Disney Store that had been returned from Disneyland too. (Someone received a gift, oh it's too small, return it to your local Disney Store, good for me cause it's usually half price too!!!) :)

MLM62486
07-23-2005, 03:48 AM
Yeah, I was wondering the same thing, if my pictures don't come out, from the 4 flimsy, single-use, cameras I bought. They wanted $20....or was it $30... for those flimsy cameras.

If my pictures don't come out, they owe me a refund. Just kidding. No I'm not.
Lol! They are $17.99 each. I had a guest yell at me for a good ten minutes over those cameras and practically throw it back at me. It wasn't my fault she didn't check the price, even if she had I don't decide how much it should be! :crying: lol There have been dozens of people who have had me take it off after seeing how much they were.

shawnarae
01-17-2006, 10:26 AM
Can I return an item that was purchased in Oct at the World of Disney Store. I bought 2 shirts in the wrong size for my grandma. Now that I am going back in 2 days I'd like to exchange it for the right size. I have the receipt and tags are still on. THANKS!

potterphreak
01-17-2006, 10:47 AM
DH bought a shirt at the Pirates store in November. I washed it one time and the design on the back ran all over the place. He still has the receipt, would we be able to return it in February?

Vegitabeta
01-17-2006, 11:01 AM
DH bought a shirt at the Pirates store in November. I washed it one time and the design on the back ran all over the place. He still has the receipt, would we be able to return it in February?
Funny you should mention designs running off...My boyfriend's parents got me these lovely pajamas for Christmas from the Disney store. They were blue(my fave color!) and they had an Eeyore logo on the front, which was very nice I might add. The first time they went in the wash...the logo shrivelled up and everything shrunk slightly:( Fortunately, the manager of the Disney Store said we could have a refund with the receipt, which we did get. But I've had trouble with Disney stuff before, especially clothes. Anyone else found this?

Nancy
01-17-2006, 01:20 PM
Can I return an item that was purchased in Oct at the World of Disney Store. I bought 2 shirts in the wrong size for my grandma. Now that I am going back in 2 days I'd like to exchange it for the right size. I have the receipt and tags are still on. THANKS!

I don't think you would have a problem. They are so nice at the World of Disney. You can't call directly to the WoD but there is a phone number you can call at the Resort and they can give you the answers. I had to call the last time we were there but I don't remember how I got the number. If you call the Hotel I'm sure they can assist you.:)

Nancy
01-17-2006, 01:26 PM
Funny you should mention designs running off...My boyfriend's parents got me these lovely pajamas for Christmas from the Disney store. They were blue(my fave color!) and they had an Eeyore logo on the front, which was very nice I might add. The first time they went in the wash...the logo shrivelled up and everything shrunk slightly:( Fortunately, the manager of the Disney Store said we could have a refund with the receipt, which we did get. But I've had trouble with Disney stuff before, especially clothes. Anyone else found this?

As a rule, I usually really like the clothes at the Disney Store. The stuff in the cataloge is usually slightly smaller than the stuff in the store (size for size). A CM told me that years ago because I had to exchange some PJ's for one of the kids.
Didn't the Disney Store cut themselves loose from the Disney Co. ?? Maybe they have a lesser quality now. Shame.:(

WITron
01-17-2006, 08:23 PM
We had an experience where we bought a sweatshirt for our daughter and after wearing it a few times the material to make the D puffy came out. I contacted Disney and they had me send the shirt back along with my Credit Card Number, to reimburse for the shipping charge. And they exchanged it with no problems.

TTFN92
01-17-2006, 09:26 PM

Yes! I bought the shirt at Dis that is pink and brown striped with the patches on it which I love, but it shrank :( . Now I can't dry it and will only wear it when I go to Dis.

TTFN92
01-17-2006, 09:29 PM
As a rule, I usually really like the clothes at the Disney Store. The stuff in the cataloge is usually slightly smaller than the stuff in the store (size for size). A CM told me that years ago because I had to exchange some PJ's for one of the kids.
Didn't the Disney Store cut themselves loose from the Disney Co. ?? Maybe they have a lesser quality now. Shame.:(

I know that the online store is not the same as the store at the mall. I bought my DS a Power Ranger suit for Halloween from the online store and it was made different from the ones at the mall. I had hoped to exchange it at the mall for a bigger one because I went by the sizing chart and it should have fit next year too and it barely fit this year. He wears 3T-4T and I got the 6 and it just fit. At least it only cost $14.

TTFN92
01-17-2006, 09:33 PM
I am so glad this topic came up. My BIL gave us the Disneyland CD for Christmas and we already have it. So, from what I am reading, I should be able to take it back and get a store credit, right? Even w/out a receipt? What is the best store to take it back too or does it matter? Is there one that is easier to deal with than another? And, how do they know that I actually brought it into the park and didn't grab it off the shelf? Is there something I should do to make sure that they know that it is mine?

So many questions, but thanx for the help.

stan4d_steph
01-18-2006, 08:50 AM
Can I return an item that was purchased in Oct at the World of Disney Store. I bought 2 shirts in the wrong size for my grandma. Now that I am going back in 2 days I'd like to exchange it for the right size. I have the receipt and tags are still on. THANKS!You might want to call first to find out if they still have that item in stock.

shawnarae
01-18-2006, 09:29 AM
I could not find a # for WOD's store.

If that item is not in stock, I most likely could find another 2 shirts. So really as long as the return policy allows exchange for the same, or another item, I am cool! I was worried it was from a 3 month old purchase. The receipt does not give a specific date for allowed returns. It just states "credit only, no cash refunds".

Thanks..........

Nancy
01-18-2006, 05:08 PM
I am so glad this topic came up. My BIL gave us the Disneyland CD for Christmas and we already have it. So, from what I am reading, I should be able to take it back and get a store credit, right? Even w/out a receipt? What is the best store to take it back too or does it matter? Is there one that is easier to deal with than another? And, how do they know that I actually brought it into the park and didn't grab it off the shelf? Is there something I should do to make sure that they know that it is mine?

So many questions, but thanx for the help.

I would call DLR and ask their advice.:)

mi_mous
01-18-2006, 05:18 PM
I bought a CD of the 50th anniversary Disneyland Soundtrack in May. The first CD had a mark on it that would not come off, and it made the CD skip.
I just returned it yesterday, with no receipt and got another one in it's place.
They did ask me if I wanted to get store credit, or just get the new CD. I opted to just exchange it for the new CD.
I had NO problems whatsoever, but perhaps it is because the CD was defective?
So, you can return things even if you have purchased it a while back.
Which makes sense, cause how often do people go to Disneyland? It's not everyday, or a common store. I think that is why they have the policy that they have. I think it's a good one too!

shawnarae
01-19-2006, 09:44 AM
I bought a CD of the 50th anniversary Disneyland Soundtrack in May. The first CD had a mark on it that would not come off, and it made the CD skip.
I just returned it yesterday, with no receipt and got another one in it's place.
They did ask me if I wanted to get store credit, or just get the new CD. I opted to just exchange it for the new CD.
I had NO problems whatsoever, but perhaps it is because the CD was defective?
So, you can return things even if you have purchased it a while back.
Which makes sense, cause how often do people go to Disneyland? It's not everyday, or a common store. I think that is why they have the policy that they have. I think it's a good one too!

very cool!

I Heart Disneyland!
01-19-2006, 09:48 AM
I've bought clothes at the Disney Store that had been returned from Disneyland too. (Someone received a gift, oh it's too small, return it to your local Disney Store, good for me cause it's usually half price too!!!) :)

Really? So, if I bought an item at DL and for some reason it doesn't fit or has a tear, that wasn't detected while still in Anaheim...I can take it to my Disney store at the mall for a return???