PDA

View Full Version : Yesterland, A New Disney Theme Park?

phoenixfire2k5
07-21-2005, 03:20 PM
No, it's not going to be. But it could be a nice concept. Going to http://yesterland.com/ you see a lot of old favorites that have been removed, mostly to make room for newer attractions. But what if they decided to create a theme park, where there is room mind you, and brought back some of the discontinued, but technologically updated, attractions that we miss so much every day? Where old favorites can be reborn, brought back to life by today's technology. Where you can go and see Bear Country Jamboree, or America Sings. Or how about Carousel of Progress? That one has been teetering on closing over in WDW for a few years now. It be nice to see Adventure Through Innerspace or the Peoplemover again. Or bring back Skull Rock and the Pirate Ship Restaurant. I never got to eat there. There are many old attractions that have been removed to make way for newer attractions. It's just a thought, but how about some thoughts, comments or opinions on this? And the only place I can think of them putting this park if it would happen, would be Florida because they have the room for it.

RemainSeatedPlease
07-21-2005, 03:23 PM
It would be way too cool to be true!...(I now forget my learnin and how many o's you put on too's)

The Mouse Is Back
07-21-2005, 03:44 PM
Count me out.

The only way those old attractions would have any meaning to me is if they were back in DL.

-Allegra-

phoenixfire2k5
07-21-2005, 03:45 PM
Count me out.

The only way those old attractions would have any meaning to me is if they were back in DL.

-Allegra-

True, but what about the ones that are there now, that took their place? ;)

The Mouse Is Back
07-21-2005, 03:47 PM
How about instead of having "YesterLand", we moved all the old attractions back into DL, and took out the ones we don't like, and moved them to a place called "What Was Up With The Imagineers Who Came Up With This One"-Land?

;)

-Allegra-

phoenixfire2k5
07-21-2005, 03:51 PM
How about instead of having "YesterLand", we moved all the old attractions back into DL, and took out the ones we don't like, and moved them to a place called "What Was Up With The Imagineers Who Came Up With This One"-Land?

;)

-Allegra-

ROTFL!!!! That is whole other thread in itself!!! :p

Shortiemetoo
07-21-2005, 03:54 PM
Rofl...

That would be great...but one thing I would really like to see happen is for Country Bear Jamboree be reinstated, but at DCA...would definately fit into the theme and there is plenty of room!!! It would help liven the place up even more!!

phoenixfire2k5
07-21-2005, 03:55 PM
Yeah it would fit over there, right near GRR.

PinkFloyd
07-21-2005, 04:54 PM
I think this is a really cool idea. You may also be interested in this post from PsychDoc: http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=16798

Disneynerd
07-21-2005, 04:58 PM
I'd go, but only if they promised not to reinstate Super Star Limo! Yuck! :eek:

crazi4dlr
07-22-2005, 10:52 AM

;)

-Allegra-

ROFL!!!

adding "and where do they work now???"

ZenMickey
07-22-2005, 11:44 AM
That is classic!!!