PDA

View Full Version : Missing Disneyland

kohl
07-21-2005, 12:41 PM
My kids and I are really itching for a trip this summer. That is all we can talk about. I know we are going in October, but we want to go now! I just can't justify the prices for the hotels right now. I was just wondering how many people are feeling the way I am?

phoenixfire2k5
07-21-2005, 12:51 PM
My kids and I are really itching for a trip this summer. That is all we can talk about. I know we are going in October, but we want to go now! I just can't justify the prices for the hotels right now. I was just wondering how many people are feeling the way I am?

I think most of us are going through withdrawls from the 50th hype now that its over.

disneyperson
07-21-2005, 01:02 PM
I think most of us are going through withdrawls from the 50th hype now that its over.
You are right.I know that if I hadn't known I would be going again in August I would have had serious sadness in leaving the park last weekend. As it was we were able to say "see ya soon! " to the castle and only get a little misty eyed.

Shortiemetoo
07-21-2005, 01:07 PM
I hated leaving and can't wait to go back!! Disneyperson I am so happy for you that you get to go back at the end of next month!! That is awesome!!

phoenixfire2k5
07-21-2005, 01:10 PM
I live like 5 mins from there. Im a passholder. So I don't go through withdrawls. :p

Neener neener neener!!! I did go through them after leaving WDW though. :crying:

Skunker
07-21-2005, 02:40 PM
I feel your pain - we have a late October/early November trip planned, but I want to go right now! It doesn't help that we planned to go in August, but my husband could not get time off from work....so in theory we could be just a few weeks away from DL instead of months. All I can say is "come on October!!"

I feel a little let down after the 50th, it was a big build up and then poof, it's over and it didn't seem to have as much fan fair as May 5th. (maybe if you were there, but there was nothing on TV, etc).

pisces
07-21-2005, 02:52 PM
Be glad. You are better off going in October. We are having a heatwave, and it makes everyone irritable and unpleasant. The dog days of July and August bring out the worst in everyone. Crime increases. Divorces. Insufferable children. It's no coincidence this all happens during the heat of Summer.

I could go there right now if I wanted. I'm about an hour away, 2 hours if there's traffic---which there always is.

I couldn't bear seeing the GC without that looming Christmas Tree in the center. Right now it's just a table with a plant on top?

They do all sorts of special things at Christmas that I feel like I'm getting more for my money...so I'd feel cheated if I visited right now. Plus, I'd have to keep out of the sun, and stay in the shade. I wouldn't have all the freedom, like during the Winter when it gets dark early and you don't need to worry about the heat.

phoenixfire2k5
07-21-2005, 02:55 PM
Insufferable children.

The thought of insufferable children, goes along with the fact that its too hot to even think of or try conceiving any! If ya know what I mean. At least for the time being. :p LOL!

keschy
07-21-2005, 02:58 PM
I can't wait to get back! We were supposed to go in June but now it's either Sept or Oct-hopefully! It's been over a year now and I'm having major withdrawals!