PDA

View Full Version : People who hate Disneyland

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

moriaman14
07-21-2005, 12:18 PM
Have you ever gone to disneyland with someone who really didnt care. Someone who just didnt see the magic and ruined the whole experience for you? I did once and it ruined the whole experience. I was wondering whether anyone else has gone through the same thing.

phoenixfire2k5
07-21-2005, 12:22 PM
Have you ever gone to disneyland with someone who really didnt care. Someone who just didnt see the magic and ruined the whole experience for you? I did once and it ruined the whole experience. I was wondering whether anyone else has gone through the same thing.

I'm sorry it was ruined for you. Most people who don't like Dland, don't usually go. The person that was with you, just must have been someone who liked to complain and took pleasure in ruining it for others. Again, sorry you went through that.

DisneyDustin22
07-21-2005, 12:23 PM
YES! I have gone with a person who for some reason, just couldn't grasp the concept of crowds at Disneyland. She had only ever been on REALLY slow days in off peak season. She was always second guessing me and everyone in the group. "Oh theres no way the line is that long. There's no way we have to stake out a spot in front of the castle that far in advance for fireworks. There's no way the streets are one way after the shows. Etc, Etc, Etc." Needless to say, she learned the hard way. The ride home consisted of we told ya so's. :D

phoenixfire2k5
07-21-2005, 12:34 PM
Thats why I always say don't complain. Just roll with the punches and go with the flow. Smile and enjoy yourself. Complaining about it can really ruin a day there.

sriggins
07-21-2005, 12:36 PM
Thats why I always say don't complain. Just roll with the punches and go with the flow. Smile and enjoy yourself. Complaining about it can really ruin a day there.

hear hear, phoenix.

Viva La Disney
07-21-2005, 12:39 PM
I've seen people like that in the park, but I havn't gone with one before. (Thank God! :eek: )

phoenixfire2k5
07-21-2005, 12:40 PM
And if ya don't like it, don't go.

ksejr1
07-21-2005, 12:45 PM
my boyfriend is an AP like me. He enjoys everything usually. But the day that SM opened the line was 90mins long and I was willing to wait in the long line but he refused and I didnt want to go alone. Well, we ended up walking around, eating and going home. I was soooo sad cause I wanted to go the day it opened. But we did go on it on the 50th with fast passes.

Andrew
07-21-2005, 01:05 PM
A (very former) girlfriend went with me to the park once. Once. She didn't care for most of the rides or shows, and hated Fantasmic.

Our relationship didn't last very long after that.

TikiGeek
07-21-2005, 01:08 PM
...hated Fantasmic.I wonder if she hated F! because good triumphed over evil? Makes one wonder :D

phoenixfire2k5
07-21-2005, 01:08 PM
It also sucks trying to find someone there. Looking for a lost person is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. One time long ago, I spent the entire day there searching for my folks so I could have money to eat with while I was out on my own. And a few years ago, I was there with an ex of mine. We had a small disagreement, and she was walking behind me and then took off somewhere. By the time I turned around, she was gone and I couldn't find her. Totally ruined my evening. Turned out, she was somewhere by the parade route watching the parade.

Parents: Hang on to your kids. Losing them, can REALLY ruin your day!

Shortiemetoo
07-21-2005, 01:09 PM
I can't understand how people can go and not understand that it will be hot, crowded and busy...I mean after all it is July for heavens sakes...I can't believe how many people were shocked that it was crowded...unbelieveable!

phillyorig
07-21-2005, 01:10 PM
I don't like crowds so I go in the off season and being there just makes the "bad" stuff go away!!!

I just went with some that wanted to do CAA instead.
They got a little ticked we didn't want to spend the day there. As a family, we go on certain rides there and that's it. We can just spend 1/2 day at CAA. \
Give me 3 full days at DL.. I soak it up but the people we went with didn't care to bits about that place. They didn't want to see ANY parades or fireworks. We wanted to see shows, but ran out of time!!
We did learn a lesson.... Don't go with other people!!!! lol

Stupid_American
07-21-2005, 01:18 PM
I really wonder how someone can become so jaded that Disneyland isn't fun anymore.

phillyorig
07-21-2005, 01:26 PM
I really wonder how someone can become so jaded that Disneyland isn't fun anymore.

I get a little bored after 4 days straight but thats due to being tired!!! and thinking its almost over!!! :crying:

White Rose Assassin
07-21-2005, 01:34 PM
One of my guy friends brought his younger brother, so he could keep my younger brother company. My friend's younger brother whined about the heat and kept nagging that he would rather be at Six Flags.

crazi4dlr
07-21-2005, 01:51 PM
There are people who hate Disneyland???!!!! (picking herself up off the floor) :eek:

Tutter
07-21-2005, 02:03 PM
:crying: :crying: The title of this thread frightened me.

No i have never been with anyone who hated it - and I would entirely understand how awful that would be. My thinking on this though is that if I went with a friend to a concert say of a band they loved and I knew they loved and I thought they were rubbish. I would enjoy the fact that the band gave my friend so much pleasure and would never moan or rubbish the band.
It's a question of manners.

Micki0624
07-21-2005, 02:05 PM
There are people who hate Disneyland???!!!! (picking herself up off the floor) :eek:

I worked with some people that went on a trip to DL. They hated it, they though the rides were for little kids. They said it was sooo boring, they vowed to never go back.

Tinkerbelle
07-21-2005, 02:07 PM
When I was doing Guest Control for Fireworks the other night, there was this 13/14 year old girl who had the worst attitude I've seen in a long time. She was sitting with her family at Coke Corner, and was complaining about everything. And then she sat right in the middle of my walkway, so I had to ask her to move. She moved alright, and started kicking the trashcan. It was pretty pathetic. I wanted to go up to her and tell her to just be happy that she was at Disneyland. geez.

DisneyDustin22
07-21-2005, 02:10 PM
When I was doing Guest Control for Fireworks the other night, there was this 13/14 year old girl who had the worst attitude I've seen in a long time. She was sitting with her family at Coke Corner, and was complaining about everything. And then she sat right in the middle of my walkway, so I had to ask her to move. She moved alright, and started kicking the trashcan. It was pretty pathetic. I wanted to go up to her and tell her to just be happy that she was at Disneyland. geez.

Awww, she was just probably upset because she wasn't at home chatting online with her bf and gossiping about the latest fashions. You know thats not allowed at the happiest place on earth. :D

That's when you use that special pixie dust. You know, the kind that comes in the form of a shovel upside the head to knock that spcecial pixie dust sense into the guest to just chill out and have a good time. ;)

disneyperson
07-21-2005, 02:14 PM
Overheard as we were leaving the park Saturday night, (The man was mad at the woman because she was sad that he wouldn't go on a certain ride with her and he didn't want to wait while she went alone).... "It really ticks me off that you think your fun is more important than my choices!!"
He was berating the poor woman loudly all the way out of the park and across the crosswalk. Poor thing, I hope she finds a more DL friendly boyfriend soon. Not only did he ruin her day but he was so loud that it was impossible for anyone near him to block out the uglyness.

DisneyDustin22
07-21-2005, 02:16 PM
Overheard as we were leaving the park Saturday night, (The man was mad at the woman because she was sad that he wouldn't go on a certain ride with her and he didn't want to wait while she went alone).... "It really ticks me off that you think your fun is more important than my choices!!"
He was berating the poor woman loudly all the way out of the park and across the crosswalk. Poor thing, I hope she finds a more DL friendly boyfriend soon. Not only did he ruin her day but he was so loud that it was impossible for anyone near him to block out the uglyness.

Again, another use for the magic shovel. :D

Andrew
07-21-2005, 02:36 PM
Again, another use for the magic shovel. :D
Shovel!

Sorry, had a flashback there.

Mark Mywords
07-21-2005, 02:38 PM
The boss of my company hates Disneyland. She calls it a "Perversion of America". She's never been into the park.

My immediate boss also hates the place. He actually worked there in Foods back in the early 60's! He even got to meet Walt! Maybe he had a bad experience working there. I dunno.

Both of them seem to subscribe to the ultra-intellectual credo of Disney being for "The masses" and "Commoners". That's too bad.

I don't argue about it with them. They're pretty set in their ways.