PDA

View Full Version : Just a reminder...

SweetAurora
07-20-2005, 10:41 PM
I'm apologizing in advance for the long message. I came into the park as a "guest" for the first time in ages, as I recently quit Disney to take care of a sick family member. Believe me, I had my fair share of trouble with guests as a CM, but I was appalled at how some guests treat OTHER guests...maybe I had just forgotten how people can be to others.

After having staked out a spot for the fireworks display near the front rope, I got up to use the bathroom, while the rest of my party stayed in our spot. Upon returning to my spot around 900pm, I went through Plaza Gardens and absolutely could not get through. The entire street area was blocked--it was nearly impossible to get back to my seat near the compass of the castle. When I was a GC CM, I never saw this much of a blockage. Has this area changed? People would just not move for others to get through. In an extremely politel manner, I tried to make my way through the people back to my spot, and was trying to help a young mother and her baby do the same. As I attempted to cross past a certain family, they declared they were "no longer letting people go back to their seat" and proceeded to shout me down--other groups around them had joined in on the barricade, and weren't letting ANYONE pass them--even the people who had been there (like me) waiting for hours upon end. I was called names I haven't heard in a long time! Thank goodness a wonderful woman took my hand, declared that I had certainly staked out my spot long before they had, and helped me and the other small family through. As I squeezed past offering my apologies, a woman from the shouting group kicked me in the shin--another woman tried grabbing me and the other family by the ankles. Needless to say, we finally made it through. It took about 35 minutes from the entrance of Plaza Gardens to the compass of the castle.

I was ever so polite, and told these guests, "This is Disneyland--we're all here for the same reason!" Please keep this in mind when you come into the park with your families--so very many people are so THRILLED about the 50th anniversary--it's such a wonderful time for the resort. Don't ruin it for your family or others. Hang on to your common sense--realize that the park is going to be busier than ever (so plan it out!), and revel in how beautiful the park looks and what Walt intended for everyone to experience. I had so many negative experiences with rude guests as a CM, and for some reason, this one made me so upset...probably because I was so scared I was going to get beaten up!!

Thank you to all the wonderful guests that look out for fellow guests and CMS. As an ex-CM and guest again, I failed to appreciate the difference that so many of you make. :)

rfaljean
07-20-2005, 11:30 PM
Here, here!!!! The only time I've ever had a bad experience ad DL was because of
a guest or two who thought they owned the place and were completely rude...

You handled the situation very well. If only people would remember the golden rule:
Treat others the way you want others to treat you, maybe this wouldn't happen
as much as it really does. There is always one or two in a crowd. I'm so sorry it happened to you. I'll remember your suggestion to plan in advance for any possible
crowd issues.

Thanks for your post.

Opus1guy
07-20-2005, 11:37 PM
This planet would be a great place if it weren't for all the darn people!

;)