PDA

View Full Version : summer saturdays

BJW
07-20-2005, 04:26 PM
I went to the resort last week on Thurs, Fri, and Sat. and to my surprise Saturday was the least crowded of the three days. Was this because it was a day before the 50th or is it less crowded because some passes have blockout dates? If every Saturday is this light I'm going to have to take another drive down there before the summer is over. :)

Andrew
07-20-2005, 04:28 PM
After the morning ceremony, Sunday the 17th was actually somewhat less crowded than the day before. It really cleared out after the 4:45 re-dedication.

potzbie
07-20-2005, 05:57 PM
Interesting.

Perhaps psychology is the reason.

1. Person A thinks, "I must be there. I shall stand in whatever line, for however long.

2. Person B (like me) thinks: "Uh-oh. Now is not a good time, since large crowds interfere with my enjoyment of Disneyland. I will adjust my plans avoid the crowd, accordingly."

SCUBAbe
07-20-2005, 06:05 PM
also all ap's except premium are blocked on saturdays...:)

last eyar we only had deluxe, but we could go on some saturdays. We went the last weekend in august and all the so cal ones had benn blocked for most of the summer. Ssturday was great. Low crowds.. we had a pirates boat and storybook canal boat all to ourselves. It was a great day. Sunday comes...all ap's can go to the parks and the crowd was crazy. Yes it was also goth day, but not everyone in line with their ap's in hand were goth.

smartypants723
07-20-2005, 07:33 PM
Cool! I'm going to DL/DCA this Saturday. :D

~Helen

DisneyCharacter
07-20-2005, 10:12 PM
Shhhhhh!!! Keep this secret quiet! Once word gets out, Saturday's will be back to normal with crowds because everyone will want to go since they heard it isn't crowded because passes are blocked out. ;) :D

BJW
07-21-2005, 05:28 PM
I definitely have to go back now before the end of the summer.

SCUBAbe
07-21-2005, 05:49 PM
Shhhhhh!!! Keep this secret quiet! Once word gets out, Saturday's will be back to normal with crowds because everyone will want to go since they heard it isn't crowded because passes are blocked out. ;) :D

well it's still crowded...LOL...jsut not as bad as it could be, btu still more crowded than I like on most staurdays. i think the staurday i spoke of may ahve been a fluke or because school was back in ir something. Besides this summer sees sundays blocked for most Ap's a s well...that is why I have a premium this year...:)