PDA

View Full Version : Trip report: Disneyland

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

rentayenta
07-20-2005, 01:48 PM
Hi guys. We just returned late last night from our 13 day adventure to Santa Cruz and Disneyland. Words cannot express how simply exhausted me and the kids are. The trip was amazing, confusing, and fun as heck! :D

I will try to do a day by day but we did so much it sort of all blends together.

I must say that without the help of DisneylandForever, Mukta, Marox3 and her family, CC, Dsny1mom and her beautiful DD, and wwithers, I could not have done this trip to Disneyland. I thought my DS hit 40 inches but upon arriving he did not :(. The above mentioned people helped me out so much and I will be forever greatful!

Unortunately I have to get ready for class so the details will have to wait. :~D

hlbtimes2
07-20-2005, 02:00 PM
Agghhh! You are such a tease. I really thought I was in for a trip report! I guess I'll have to wait. LOL

Hakuna Makarla
07-20-2005, 02:12 PM
Agghhh! You are such a tease. I really thought I was in of for a trip report! I guess I'll have to wait. LOL

I was going to say the same thing ha ha ha , Jenny you are a big giant tease!! Now get your arse bnack here and post one big giant report!!!!!!

Shortiemetoo
07-20-2005, 02:21 PM
Can't wait to read your report!!! :D

Surfingstitch
07-20-2005, 02:27 PM
Me too. I wanna read it.

wwithers
07-20-2005, 03:11 PM
Seeing as how this is Renta's trip report, I will not embellish yet except to add that she has the most amazing kids ever.

Crazy4DL
07-20-2005, 05:04 PM
Glad you are all home safe and sound :) Glad you all had a wonderful vacation. Looking forward to reading your report.

Wondering about the 40 inches? did he measure 40 inches at home but are the DL measuring post (or whatever they are called) a bit different? We are coming with boys that are very close to 42" and so I am wondering how that works - thanks, when you get time. :)

AnnaBanana
07-20-2005, 05:14 PM
Welcome back! I'm sure you missed us bunches and bunches! ;) Can't wait to hear all about your trip!

blueckles
07-20-2005, 05:20 PM
Seeing as how this is Renta's trip report, I will not embellish yet except to add that she has the most amazing kids ever.

AND adorable!

Disneynerd
07-20-2005, 05:21 PM
Welcome back! Looking forward to your report!:)

blueckles
07-20-2005, 05:22 PM
Unortunately I have to get ready for class so the details will have to wait. :~D

Hurry up with your trip report, I can't wait to hear details!

PS...It was nice meeting you at the fireworks. :)

MrsPooh
07-20-2005, 06:04 PM
Wondering about the 40 inches? did he measure 40 inches at home but are the DL measuring post (or whatever they are called) a bit different? We are coming with boys that are very close to 42" and so I am wondering how that works - thanks, when you get time. :)

Psst.....if they are that close, get them shoes with a bit of a heel to them. Not like a high heel, mind you, but like tennis shoes with a thick sole. That helps! ;)

rentayenta
07-20-2005, 08:58 PM
Hurry up with your trip report, I can't wait to hear details!

PS...It was nice meeting you at the fireworks. :)

It was nice meeting you, Melissa, and your roommate too. :)

I will share the DL portion of the trip first because it is still semi-fresh in my mind.

Day 1: After a painfully long drive down Highway 101 to the ridiculously crowded I 5, we arrived at the HoJo around 6 pm.

As promised we were in Building One, at the end, with a view of the fireworks and pool. Willie rocks! Our room was clean and roomie and almost as nice as the DLH. I would definetly stay at the HoJo again but will look for a better rate. The staff was as nice as could be! The fridge was bigger than the DLH's and the coffee was just as bad. ;)

The kids and I decided that after we checked in that we would head on over to Disneyland. I packed some water, snacks, and glowie necklaces and we were on our way.

The stroller: CC was kind enough to borrow her sister's double jogging stroller for me so I wouldn't have to rent two everyday. Plus if we split up there would be no way that I could push two strollers. This double jog stroller was a friggen SUV. OMG- I am sure people hated me while I was trying to navigate that thing. It was impossible to turn without putting pressure on the handle. I have callouses from pushing it for 6 days. I found it was actually easier to lift the front wheel up and drive it that way, plus it was easier for people to see it coming with the wheel headed for their groin.

The line to get into DL was minimal. It was pure magic entering the park with the kidlets. It seemed like forever since I had been to Disneyland with them........

adriennek
07-20-2005, 09:09 PM

Oh, is that so????

Well, I just can't wait until she gets to the part of her report where she sees me and gives me my hello hug and we chat at that announced MousePlanet birthday meet.....

Oh, WAIT A MINUTE... hmmmmmmmm...

nm.
Adrienne

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
07-20-2005, 09:16 PM
Psst.....if they are that close, get them shoes with a bit of a heel to them. Not like a high heel, mind you, but like tennis shoes with a thick sole. That helps! ;)

Yeah so you can make them taller than the minimum requirement set by the ride to keep kids safe, that makes sense. :eek:

rentayenta
07-20-2005, 09:21 PM
Oh, is that so????

Well, I just can't wait until she gets to the part of her report where she sees me and gives me my hello hug and we chat at that announced MousePlanet birthday meet.....

Oh, WAIT A MINUTE... hmmmmmmmm...

nm.
Adrienne

(((((((HUGS))))))) How's that? ;)

My kids were so spent that day. We slept in, went to brunch with my dad at Knott's chicken house, went swimming at the DLH because we checked in there that morning, and stayed out of the parks. Well, all of us stayed out except for my oldest DD, she and I took the Monorail in so I could give her to Mukta and Keith who showed her the time of her life. :D

Thanks Whit- they adored you too. :)

blueckles
07-20-2005, 09:31 PM
It was nice meeting you, Melissa, and your roommate too. :)

No, no, no :p I'm Shelley (aka "Blueckles"). I came with Melissa (aka "nursemelis374") and her roommate. I was the one you were sitting next to during the fireworks I think. It was still nice to meet you ;)

PS It was quite funny to see you pull out all of your snacks for your kids. I must say, you come prepared for everything :D

rentayenta
07-20-2005, 09:35 PM
No, no, no :p I'm Shelley (aka "Blueckles"). I came with Melissa (aka "nursemelis374") and her roommate. I was the one you were sitting next to during the fireworks I think. It was still nice to meet you ;)

PS It was quite funny to see you pull out all of your snacks for your kids. I must say, you come prepared for everything :D

I know who you are silly girl. I just thought all three of you were roomies. :)

It was great watching the fireworks with you guys! Thanks for putting up with my tired DS and his stupid Buzz toy. Thank goodness for Marox's son! And I am sure the other mommies will agree, snacks are a must have!

nursemelis374
07-20-2005, 09:56 PM
I think the best thing I learned on Friday was that mom's carry all kinds of snacks in their bags!

sdfilmcritic
07-20-2005, 09:57 PM
So when do I get to meet everyone? ;) :p

blueckles
07-20-2005, 10:47 PM
I know who you are silly girl. I just thought all three of you were roomies. :)

It was great watching the fireworks with you guys! Thanks for putting up with my tired DS and his stupid Buzz toy. Thank goodness for Marox's son! And I am sure the other mommies will agree, snacks are a must have!
Oh my goodness. This just goes to show how tired I am. I had read your reply and thought that you were calling me Melissa. Now I see you were just including me in the list. Man, I can be so dense sometimes :p

rentayenta
07-21-2005, 07:45 AM
Day/Night 1 (continued): The first thing that I needed to do was upgrade my DAP to a PAP because both Sat. and Sun. were blockout days and I know that I would be back in Dec. and be able to take advantage of the discounts. There was no line, I gave my $120, and we were on our way.

The parade was going to begin soon and I asked the kids what they wanted to do, ride or watch? They chose to ride. So off to Space Mountain we go. Now, before we left for DL Tif had measured the kids before going to the Boardwalk in Santa Cruz and DS was just a tad over 40". He rode all of the 40" rides at the Boardwalk. So when we got up to the height chart for Space and he didn't make it, I was surprised. He was about 1/4" too small. :crying: This put a huge kink in our plans for the entire trip. I knew I'd have to be creative. Gabby started crying right there realizing that she was going to be stuck on the baby rides the whole trip. I was so sad for her. Chloe could care less. I talked to her and told her that some of my friends would be there and she might get a chance to ride some of the big rides but that if she didn't, I would make it up to her and that at least we were there. She cheered right up! :D

DS wanted to ride Buzz so we did that. He sat the entire time with the gun in his hand and his mouth agape. He was in awe. Gabby got like 7,000, Chloe like 2,300, and Joshua got 0. ;) He didn't know or care. Next we did Alice. I love Alice at night. Of course we had to do IASW, my favorite. Snow White was next and then we headed to the Astro Orbiter. The line was minimal and the fireworks were about to begin. We were on the ride during the POTC portion of the fireworks. It was cool being up in the air. At this point this was our first glimpse of the fireworks and I knew that we were in for a treat..........................

Skunker
07-21-2005, 09:21 AM
Disneyland and Santa Cruz - my two most favorite places! I am so jealous!

Shortiemetoo
07-21-2005, 09:34 AM
With Coaster Chickie and Tiffany there could you have done the parent switch pass and all had a ride on Space Mountain?? I am glad your daughter wasn't upset for too long, I bet that was a disappointment at first!

rentayenta
07-21-2005, 09:55 AM
With Coaster Chickie and Tiffany there could you have done the parent switch pass and all had a ride on Space Mountain?? I am glad your daughter wasn't upset for too long, I bet that was a disappointment at first!

Great idea Shortie but unfortunately they weren't with us that first night. That worked well later during the trip and we all took turns sitting out with the little ones. CC was a trooper!

I will continue later. I have to finish cleaning my unattended to home first. :rolleyes: