PDA

View Full Version : Star Tours FastPass Re-Opens

HorizonsA
07-20-2005, 01:22 PM
I don't know if anyone has reported this, I didn't bother to do a search or anything, but Star Tours is once again distributing FastPasses after its system was shut down for several months when we all thought that they were doing-away with them for this attraction. Well, apparently not...not now anyway. I guess it would be safe to assume that because of the busy busy summer, and now that "Space Mountain is back!," crowds are flocking to Tomorrowland, FastPass for Star Tours is "needed." But who knows if this is only for the summer. I think they should just keep it. The attraction, though it still lives in the '80s, is quite popular still. Plus I think Fastpass may possibly "help," to some extent, the combustion in that area.

TP2000
07-20-2005, 01:31 PM
The attraction, though it still lives in the '80s, is quite popular still. Plus I think Fastpass may possibly "help," to some extent, the combustion in that area.

There's combustion in Tomorrowland? I thought Adventureland was the only place with fire effects.

I think this is probably just a "test" to see what adding Star Tours Fastpass to the mix does. If Disneyland learned anything, getting rid of Fastpass on old E Tickets actually HELPS congestion, rather than cure it.

Darkbeer
07-20-2005, 01:33 PM
Funny, the TIMES guide for Monday thru Thursday of this week had the Star Tours FASTPASS machines as closed.

Alex S.
07-20-2005, 01:36 PM
Over the weekend, the line at Star Tours was always (at least always when I was noticing) pretty short, generally less than Buzz.

Uncle Remus
07-20-2005, 02:14 PM
maybe they are thinking for the future, like if we get an updated star tours. If they rip out the fastpass machines and then have to put them back when the new star tours starts, it would seem kind of pointless. And im guessing since we have space mountain and buzz in tomorrowland it is getting more attention. So since they have them there, they might as well be used.

Pirate Bill
07-20-2005, 02:16 PM
maybe they are thinking for the future, like if we get an updated star tours. If they rip out the fastpass machines and then have to put them back when the new star tours starts, it would seem kind of pointless.
This seems the more likely reason.

Darkbeer
07-24-2005, 12:09 PM
Star Tours FP is once again CLOSED (as of Sunday, July 24th).

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/682476/7/29586111/Large

HydroGuy
07-24-2005, 02:07 PM
Star Tours FP is once again CLOSED (as of Sunday, July 24th).Any theories for the closing, opening, and re-closing situation?

coronado_g
07-24-2005, 02:24 PM
Any theories for the closing, opening, and re-closing situation?

Maybe it was OPEN in an Alternate Universe?
Could've been a rip in the fabric of space...and then the portal CLOSED.

HydroGuy
07-24-2005, 06:54 PM
Maybe it was OPEN in an Alternate Universe?
Could've been a rip in the fabric of space...and then the portal CLOSED.LOL. :D

BigAlH
07-26-2005, 08:38 AM
I noticed it was closed on the 17th, but was open on the 18th and the rest of the week. The only time I saw it crouded was after the fireworks. Rest of the time it was 5 minute wait all week.

-al