PDA

View Full Version : The New Monsters Inc. Ride

Pages : [1] 2

Disneynerd
07-20-2005, 12:48 PM
What's the new Monster's Inc. ride going to be like? I assume it's a dark ride, but does anyone know the premise?
Immediately after my husband and I saw Monster's Inc. in the theaters he said Disneyland should make a ride out of the flying doors scene. We will be seeking royalties if this is the case;)

cyberRoo
07-20-2005, 12:50 PM
In the presentation that I saw, the ride picks up at the point where Boo is loose in Monstropolis, and you follow Mike and Sulley's quest to get her back to her room. They actually showed a clip of the film in the sushi restaurant as the starting point for the ride...

No royalties for you, I'm afraid!!

Disneynerd
07-20-2005, 12:54 PM
In the presentation that I saw, the ride picks up at the point where Boo is loose in Monstropolis, and you follow Mike and Sulley's quest to get her back to her room. They actually showed a clip of the film in the sushi restaurant as the starting point for the ride...

No royalties for you, I'm afraid!!That sounds fun, but the flying doors sound like more fun. Thanks for the info!

Uncle Remus
07-20-2005, 02:16 PM
I believe the doors was one of the orginal ideas. They were going to use a peter pan type of system where the ride vehicles are suspended from the ceiling but it didn't work out im guessing. I bet money was one of the issues.

Disney Vault
07-20-2005, 03:28 PM
I believe the doors was one of the orginal ideas. They were going to use a peter pan type of system where the ride vehicles are suspended from the ceiling but it didn't work out im guessing. I bet money was one of the issues.
I heard it was also more intense then they wanted for a ride. They want more family friendly ride.

Also this new ride will use the same track and vehicles from super star limo. But the cars will look different. And I think the tv screens in the cars are still going to be used.

PinkFloyd
07-20-2005, 03:35 PM
What's the new Monster's Inc. ride going to be like? I assume it's a dark ride, but does anyone know the premise?
Immediately after my husband and I saw Monster's Inc. in the theaters he said Disneyland should make a ride out of the flying doors scene. We will be seeking royalties if this is the case;)

Sorry, I have been out of the DL loop lately. Where is this ride going to be?

Alex S.
07-20-2005, 03:47 PM
It replaces SuperStar Limo in DCA's Hollywood Pictures Backlot.

disneyperson
07-20-2005, 03:53 PM
We won't be flying around on doors? Aw man.

Disney Vault
07-20-2005, 07:16 PM
They are also trying to add a little interactive element to this. Something like turtle talk where a character will talk to you. But that is just being tested and isn't sure to make it into the ride.

olegc
07-20-2005, 07:29 PM
It's not just a cost factor - but timing as well. They realize they need to get as many different things to do at DCA as possible. So - do you take a long time to make the doors ride (2-5 years) or do you come up with something in 15 months... For now - they wants as many attractions (not tortilla tours) as possible.

Hakuna Makarla
07-20-2005, 07:33 PM
Any idea's when this ride wil be up? also any idea when the submarines will be up and running? I would love to plan a trip around the subs, the monster inc, and space mountain :)

olegc
07-20-2005, 07:47 PM
From what I have read on other sites...
May 2006 - VAriabel Drop sequence on ToT and Rockit Mountain (nightime space mountain)
Fall 2006 - Monster's inc (and a new marathon and half marathon)
Spring 2007 - Nemo's Submarine Voyage

You have plenty of time to plan. Actually Monster's inc may be ready by this winter if they push it.

kohl
07-20-2005, 07:50 PM
I could be totally wrong, but I thought I read that Monster's Inc. ride would be open January 2006.

MrsPooh
07-20-2005, 08:21 PM
I could be totally wrong, but I thought I read that Monster's Inc. ride would be open January 2006.

I don't think you are wrong, I read it too. I think it is on the weekly park updates.

Andrew
07-20-2005, 08:26 PM
For now - they wants as many attractions (not tortilla tours) as possible.
Don't knock the tortilla tour! It's quite nice to take a few minutes in an air-conditioned space, smelling of lovely food, and get a free sample at the end. If you're wearing a birthday sticker, they usually give you a whole bag!

tom522
07-22-2005, 02:45 PM
Monsters Inc opens in January 2006 -it says so on the wall around it right now. A possible SOFT OPEN may happen in December of this year though.
The storyline is Boo gets lost in monstropolis and Mike and Sully try to find her.A version of this is also going into Hong Kong Disneyland and will feature flashlights attached to the vehichles so you can help find her but I don't think the DCA version will have that. The superstar limos are being used for the ride as well they are just being repainted to look different but I don't know if the tv screens on the limos will be coming back though. Same track configuration as limo just a different theme based on Monsters Inc. Changing Limo to Monsters is something that should haved happened 2 years ago.Hollywood in DCA needs more rides. Hopefully they can make millionaire and hollywood and dine into rides also even though I would also be happy with a new show in millionaire as well as with hollywood and dine being reopened with a sci-fi drive in theme like at Disney/MGM studios. Anything is better than shuttered buildings.

DisneyDustin22
07-22-2005, 03:32 PM
I want to know when Disney is going to open The John Denver Experience. Ya know, from South Park? :D

SarahShep
07-22-2005, 03:40 PM
I want to know when Disney is going to open The John Denver Experience. Ya know, from South Park? :D

LOL...somehow, that doesn't sound very appealing. I supposed it's cuz I would hate to drop out of the sky in an UltraLite plane. Scary! Thrill seekers might enjoy...I haven't seen that episode though...I love South Park! Trey and Matt are brilliant.

On the plus side, they could use my dad as a model for the animatronic figure (that they would have to include, naturally)...People always said he looks like John Denver. Someone even came up to us (in Denver, of all places) and asked if he was John Denver...back in like, '90 when John was still alive of course.

DisneyDustin22
07-22-2005, 03:50 PM
LOL...somehow, that doesn't sound very appealing. I supposed it's cuz I would hate to drop out of the sky in an UltraLite plane. Scary! Thrill seekers might enjoy...I haven't seen that episode though...I love South Park! Trey and Matt are brilliant.

I suggest watching that episode if you can find it. That scene is seriously one of their funniest things they have ever done. And if you know the whole story with John Denver's death (god bless him) then you'll laugh so hard and at the same time, know you are going to H E double hockey sticks!

ksejr1
07-22-2005, 08:55 PM
either way it's going to be a sucky ride. :mad:

Andrew
07-22-2005, 09:14 PM
either way it's going to be a sucky ride. :mad:
That's the spirit.

ToursbabeC3po
07-22-2005, 09:31 PM

LOL too funny. Dustin we are going to have to meet up in the park some day you crack me up. Also you are a Maynard fan which makes me like you even more!
((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))
Tours

mkcbunny
07-22-2005, 09:53 PM
That's the spirit.
That Electrical Parade font you have in your sig conjures up the theme music instantly! LOL.

Andrew
07-22-2005, 11:44 PM
That Electrical Parade font you have in your sig conjures up the theme music instantly! LOL.
I added that after seeing "Remember..." for the first time. Don't tell Alex.

DisneyDustin22
07-23-2005, 10:03 AM
LOL too funny. Dustin we are going to have to meet up in the park some day you crack me up. Also you are a Maynard fan which makes me like you even more!
((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))
Tours

Yes, I look for Maynard every time I go to the park. The last time I saw him was in May he was hysterical. He was showing me pictures from his Hawaii trip and he did one of his commercials for us. Good times.